Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 08-08-2011, 06:10 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Ijalana has a big jump to make from Villanova to the NFL. Also, Hughes isn't as bad as a lot of Colts fans think he is.
It still doesn't make any sense to me that they would use a first on him just to sit behind Freeney and Mathis when they wanted Mathis back. Might be talented, but he just doesn't see the field enough for my liking.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:53 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree it wasn't the best draft choice, in hindsight. If they'd drafted Saffold the team would be in a much better position now. At the time I thought they could use a 3rd pass rusher like the Giants have, and somebody to back up Free or Mathis if they get hurt. Should've known the coaches wouldn't know how to get him on the field to make a difference.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree it wasn't the best draft choice, in hindsight. If they'd drafted Saffold the team would be in a much better position now. At the time I thought they could use a 3rd pass rusher like the Giants have, and somebody to back up Free or Mathis if they get hurt. Should've known the coaches wouldn't know how to get him on the field to make a difference.
Our D is to vanilla for that ****. Pains me to see.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vanilla worked (sometimes) when Dungy was here. Caldwell doesn't get the players to focus on details like Dungy did so it would be nice to see something creative from a coordinator to give the team a new edge and maybe get the guys to buy in a little more.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-09-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think part of the reason I want a dominate safety in the run is because that is my favorite type of player in my favorite position.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Same reason I want a legit NT. Still pisses me off that we only got a year of Corey Simon.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-10-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Latest buzz (if you can call it that). Caldwell insinuated Diem could play guard this year, both he and B Polian want Ijalana to play RT, and Nevis is shaping up to rotate at NT with Johnson.

My new wild guess at a starting OL is

Castonzo - McClendon - Saturday - Diem - Ijalana

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-10-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nevis at NT sounds odd. No clue how well he can anchor etc, but everything about him seems to scream UT. Maybe this is a reaction to Harris & Moala at UT and trying to find a spot for him to get on the field. Will be mildly surprised to see a D-line rookie to get on the field often, considering Moala/Hughes rookie years.

No comment on Diem, other then hopefully the rookies can get their act together at tackle. I'm curious about the decision to not have them with the first team offense. I'm guessing it's a baby steps process and we'll see them with first team offense for the 3rd preseason game.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see Caldwell saying that Diem might play OG.

The quote I've read is that Ijalana can take the same path as Diem did earlier in his career, first start at OG, then at RT.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I didn't see Caldwell saying that Diem might play OG.

The quote I've read is that Ijalana can take the same path as Diem did earlier in his career, first start at OG, then at RT.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...n-and-caldwell

Quote:
Caldwell, though, said there are no absolutes, and left open all possibilities. He said itís about getting the best guys on the field and reminded me that Diem played guard before he shifted over to tackle.
Maybe I read that wrong and he was just addressing the idea that Ijalana would not play guard. I took it to mean Diem might go back to guard. Which to me makes sense since he has the strength but not the athleticism to handle RT. As long as he wasn't asked to pull he would probably do better than at RT.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-11-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice writeup by Scott on the front page.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Reading the write-up now. I wish people would get it through their heads that Bill Polian is not the GM anymore. And this was not his draft. And he stopped drafting well after 2006.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-16-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

A few things have happened so I'll talk to myself some more.

Nate Davis cut. Too bad but dyslexia + Colts playbook = impossible.

Tyler Brayton signed. Might mean Jamaal Anderson's injury is serious. No way they're cutting Hughes.

Right now the starting OL in practice is, left to right, Castonzo, Reitz, Saturday, Diem, Linkenbach. Proves nothing other than the coaches are looking at Diem as a possible guard. Which is good because it gets Diem off the edge and Pollak off the field.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-16-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Killswitch, Max et al. I've had some laptop issues so primarily been keeping up with your posts via my phone, but I seem to be back in some sort of working order so hopefully I can contribute a bit more.

I've heard a few mixed things about the Colts opener against the Rams regarding Castanzo, some saying he looked a bit lost, maybe didnt know his assignments, others saying he handled his opponents well, thoughts?

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

I liked Nate Davis better than Painter or Orlovsky...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 08-16-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Doesn't matter. All 3 suck.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

What did you guys think about yesterday's game?

Again, our D-Line has looked very good. It looks like we have a lot of depth there. Very encouraged by the play of Harris and Nevis

As a matter of fact, there is so much depth that it might be hard for the Colts to keep all of them.

Chick was considered a long shot to make it, but he has DEFINITELY making a statement that he belongs on the roster. I don't think that both Anderson and Brayton should make it ahead of him.

And as I've stated before, I'm concerned that there won't be any room for Rico Mathews. He didn't really have a great game yesterday, but I still feel he has significant upside.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought yesterdays game was much better then last week's despite the collapse at the end.

I'm optimistic that our running game can be effective. Not to the point that we can rely on it if Manning misses time. But to the point where we don't have to throw 40 times a game to win. Carter looked good in the time he had.

I'm not very optimistic with what we'll get at RT this year. We all want better production then what Diem did last year, but I didn't see any sort of better play from Linkenbach. In the sack-fumble to start the 2nd half, he didn't even touch the defender. That said, while I was optimisitic about Ijalana earlier in preseason. He didn't play like I expected/hoped last night. Might be best to just put Ijalana in their, let him learn, and hope he improves by mid-season, but either way think RT will be trouble till Ijalana improves.

Freeney looked amazing last night. He rotated a ton while he was in, and like 40% of the plays he was in, was either getting sacks or forcing throws. Think we'll get the best DT play this year then we've had as long as I can remember.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote