Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,115
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Early Look at 2011 Roster

We have no way of knowing exactly how many players at each positin the Bucs will keep... but based on training camp buzz and what we've seen in preseason, these look to be the early leaders for roster spots.

QB pretty good bet we keep 3, and it's likely it's Josh Freeman, Josh Johnson, and Rudy Carpenter. Crompton has a shot at the practice squad.

RB Blount will be the starter. Lumpkin and Graham are battling for the #2 role. Allen Bradford is a likely candidate to round out the RB group as we will almost definitely keep 4.

FB Most teams only keep 1, Lorig will be our 1... though Graham will get on the field there as well.

WR I can't imagine us keeping more than 6. It's happened at times before, but the way I see it, Williams, Benn, Briscoe, Stroughter have locked up 4 spots. That leaves Spurlock, Parker, Ed Gant, and Jock Sanders to battle for at most 2 spots. Spurlock looks to be the best bet, but Jock Sanders looks to have the most value as a punt returner. Gant may be the best WR of the group, but these last two spots have to be manned by special teamers first and foremost.

TE Winslow and Stocker are shoo-ins. At most we keep 4. That leaves Hardy, Purvis, Overbay, and Collin Franklin to duke it out for at most 2 positions.

OL Unfortunately, along with Penn, Joseph, and Trueblood, Faine and Larsen are probably locks to make the team. Larsen I don't mind as a long-range possibility, but Faine has never lived up to his hype... not even close, despite what the newspaper writers want you to believe, he just isn't very good at the physical part (blocking) of his job. Along with those 5, most likely 5 more guys will make it. Demar Dotson is the best OT, Brandon Carter the best OG, and Zuttah the best OLineman overall. Derek Hardman can play OG or OT, and I think those 4 are definitely in. James Lee, who has been absolutely abused in preseason, is the likely 10th Olineman

DEs- We keep no more than 5. Versatility is a big factor with the backups, but it is not quite as important considering how versatile the starters are. Bennett and Clayborn start. Bowers and Crowder are the main backups (though Dakoda Watson is the starting nickel DE he counts as a LB) and that leaves Kyle Moore and George Johnson to battle for possibly one spot. On first glance at versatility, Moore will have the likely edge, but Johnson played some DT for us against the Pats and did pretty well. He has been explosive off the edge, getting sacks the past two games and his hands on the QBs at other times. I think if we carry 5 DEs that George Johnson is #5, especially if he is capable of playing LDE.

DTs At most we keep 5... of course it's unlikely we keep 10 total DL but it could happen... 9 is the most likely number. The starters right now are McCoy and Okam. Miller and Price will make the roster but their health may be a concern for the entire season. This bodes well for Woods to make the roster. He hasn't stood out in the preseason at a DT and to make matters worse for him, he was in the game when the rest of the 3rd and 4th stringers were in there at the end of the game last night... most of those guys will be cut.

LBs we should keep 6, though 5 is a possibility. The obvious no-brainers are Black, Foster, Hayes, and Watson. All 4 have been solid, though Watson has been dynamic, in the preason. Hayward can play all 3 positions and is a good special teamer so he gets the 5th spot. That leaves possibly one spot for Tyrone McKenzie, Derrell Smith, and Simoni Lawrence to fight for. Lawrence hasn't gotten much attention, but he's rangy and athletic and has an outside shot. Smith was heaped praise at the beginning of TC but has been mostly silent since... McKenzie was the media appointed MIKE for the Bucs but has done very little in preseason. I've got a feeling that McKenzie will be cut. He's soft, slow, and not productive, 3 of the worst qualities a LB can have. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs only keep 5 or use the 6th spot on a LB cut from another team.

CB we could go crazy and keep 6. Talib and Barber are the starters. Biggers and Lewis the top backups. Gaitor, Mack, and the little talked about, DJ Johnson to fight for the last one or two spots. Gaitor seems likely to take one as he is a rookie AND has logged some time as a safety which increases what he can do.

S Grimm starts at one safety, probably Jones starts as the other. I'm not high on Jones and not confident he should even be on the roster... that being said, for the time being they take up 2 of a maximum of 5 spots. Larry Asante looks like a future starter, or 3rd safety at worst. Cory Lynch, Vince Anderson, Dominique Harris, and my favorite, Devin Holland fight for what is to be at most, 2 spots. I would suspect the team keeps 4 and then adds the 5th when Tanard Jackson comes back. I would like to see Devin Holland on the team as a special teamer providing he can scale back his overzealousness a tad. When Jackson comes back I'd like to see Sean Jones to be the one that goes... though I'd prefer Larry Asante to start over him currently. Ahmad Black is still a candidate for IR and beause he has done ZERO in preaseason or TC, could likely pass through waivers and make it on the practice squad.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,115
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

For special teams, I believe Economos will be put on IR giving Yount the job. He has been invisible in the preseason which is what you want. Next season, a healthy Econmos and Yount battle it out in TC. Barth is our K and Koenen the P.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,440
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Grimm and Jones have been awful this pre-season and TC. Assante has outperformed both of them. I want Assante to start over Jones week 1. He has a mean streak and can tackle and make plays in the secondary.

Grimm still may not be 100% and looks slow and unaware out there. I hope he recovers to the way he played last year. If not , T-Jack and Assante needs to be our starters.

Watson needs to replace Geno Hayes. Hayes is awful and is only back up material. Watson is a beast who can play all 3 LB positions, as stated by coach Raheem himself.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,115
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'd rather have Black replace Foster, and Watson replace Black. I don't think Hayes is awful, he is very athletic and usually shows good instincts. He's still among our youngest LBs and should be putting it all together soon.

I'm with you on Asante, Jones, and Grimm. Grimm was a collegiate LB and I always thought his best position would be SS.. he certainly doesn't look to cover enough ground right now at FS. I don't think he looks unaware, just a tiny bit tentative and not as quick. He has been fast to come up and fill from the FS spot on runs.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Above The Law, But Under The Influence
Posts: 2,804
Reputation: 253654
V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Jeremy Zuttah > Ted Larsen

I'm pretty sure Daniel Hardy sealed up the #3 TE job behind Winslow, and Stocker. Purvis & Overbay get the boot!
__________________


Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,440
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I'd rather have Black replace Foster, and Watson replace Black. I don't think Hayes is awful, he is very athletic and usually shows good instincts. He's still among our youngest LBs and should be putting it all together soon.

I'm with you on Asante, Jones, and Grimm. Grimm was a collegiate LB and I always thought his best position would be SS.. he certainly doesn't look to cover enough ground right now at FS. I don't think he looks unaware, just a tiny bit tentative and not as quick. He has been fast to come up and fill from the FS spot on runs.
Dude, I don't know what your all about Black, but he hasn't lived up to the contract so far. He hasn't looked very good at all, even though I think he'll pick it up.

Foster needs to gain experience by playing. He's got a mean streak and a physical presence. He just needs to get acclimated to learning the scheme 100%. Listen, you also can't forget that this is a very young, but very talented team. Still, youngest team in the league again this year. There is going to be missed assignments here and there and confusion, and yes the lockout did not help one bit either.

I'm not worried about Freeman and the offense. I think things will get picked up because Freeman is a perfectionist. He'll get it together when it matters. Always does. I think threre will be changes along the o-line. Carter has outperformed Larsen and Zuttah has outperformed Faine. They'll eitehr start over them or get more playing time. I'll say this, Suh could have a field day week 1 with Larsen, because he hasn't been very good nor Faine.

I still can't beleive the coaches did not recognize that Zuttah was a lot better last year when he replaced Faine.

Grimm did well last year, but Sean Jones should be cut.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
QB pretty good bet we keep 3, and it's likely it's Josh Freeman, Josh Johnson, and Rudy Carpenter. Crompton has a shot at the practice squad.

RB Blount will be the starter. Lumpkin and Graham are battling for the #2 role. Allen Bradford is a likely candidate to round out the RB group as we will almost definitely keep 4.

FB Most teams only keep 1, Lorig will be our 1... though Graham will get on the field there as well.

WR I can't imagine us keeping more than 6. It's happened at times before, but the way I see it, Williams, Benn, Briscoe, Stroughter have locked up 4 spots. That leaves Spurlock, Parker, Ed Gant, and Jock Sanders to battle for at most 2 spots. Spurlock looks to be the best bet, but Jock Sanders looks to have the most value as a punt returner. Gant may be the best WR of the group, but these last two spots have to be manned by special teamers first and foremost.

TE Winslow and Stocker are shoo-ins. At most we keep 4. That leaves Hardy, Purvis, Overbay, and Collin Franklin to duke it out for at most 2 positions.

OL Unfortunately, along with Penn, Joseph, and Trueblood, Faine and Larsen are probably locks to make the team. Larsen I don't mind as a long-range possibility, but Faine has never lived up to his hype... not even close, despite what the newspaper writers want you to believe, he just isn't very good at the physical part (blocking) of his job. Along with those 5, most likely 5 more guys will make it. Demar Dotson is the best OT, Brandon Carter the best OG, and Zuttah the best OLineman overall. Derek Hardman can play OG or OT, and I think those 4 are definitely in. James Lee, who has been absolutely abused in preseason, is the likely 10th Olineman

DEs- We keep no more than 5. Versatility is a big factor with the backups, but it is not quite as important considering how versatile the starters are. Bennett and Clayborn start. Bowers and Crowder are the main backups (though Dakoda Watson is the starting nickel DE he counts as a LB) and that leaves Kyle Moore and George Johnson to battle for possibly one spot. On first glance at versatility, Moore will have the likely edge, but Johnson played some DT for us against the Pats and did pretty well. He has been explosive off the edge, getting sacks the past two games and his hands on the QBs at other times. I think if we carry 5 DEs that George Johnson is #5, especially if he is capable of playing LDE.

DTs At most we keep 5... of course it's unlikely we keep 10 total DL but it could happen... 9 is the most likely number. The starters right now are McCoy and Okam. Miller and Price will make the roster but their health may be a concern for the entire season. This bodes well for Woods to make the roster. He hasn't stood out in the preseason at a DT and to make matters worse for him, he was in the game when the rest of the 3rd and 4th stringers were in there at the end of the game last night... most of those guys will be cut.

LBs we should keep 6, though 5 is a possibility. The obvious no-brainers are Black, Foster, Hayes, and Watson. All 4 have been solid, though Watson has been dynamic, in the preason. Hayward can play all 3 positions and is a good special teamer so he gets the 5th spot. That leaves possibly one spot for Tyrone McKenzie, Derrell Smith, and Simoni Lawrence to fight for. Lawrence hasn't gotten much attention, but he's rangy and athletic and has an outside shot. Smith was heaped praise at the beginning of TC but has been mostly silent since... McKenzie was the media appointed MIKE for the Bucs but has done very little in preseason. I've got a feeling that McKenzie will be cut. He's soft, slow, and not productive, 3 of the worst qualities a LB can have. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs only keep 5 or use the 6th spot on a LB cut from another team.

CB we could go crazy and keep 6. Talib and Barber are the starters. Biggers and Lewis the top backups. Gaitor, Mack, and the little talked about, DJ Johnson to fight for the last one or two spots. Gaitor seems likely to take one as he is a rookie AND has logged some time as a safety which increases what he can do.

S Grimm starts at one safety, probably Jones starts as the other. I'm not high on Jones and not confident he should even be on the roster... that being said, for the time being they take up 2 of a maximum of 5 spots. Larry Asante looks like a future starter, or 3rd safety at worst. Cory Lynch, Vince Anderson, Dominique Harris, and my favorite, Devin Holland fight for what is to be at most, 2 spots. I would suspect the team keeps 4 and then adds the 5th when Tanard Jackson comes back. I would like to see Devin Holland on the team as a special teamer providing he can scale back his overzealousness a tad. When Jackson comes back I'd like to see Sean Jones to be the one that goes... though I'd prefer Larry Asante to start over him currently. Ahmad Black is still a candidate for IR and beause he has done ZERO in preaseason or TC, could likely pass through waivers and make it on the practice squad.
It's not a good bet that we keep 3 QBs. All the analysts have been talking about how we don't need to and Spurlock can be the emergency QB. We have better talent to keep than Rudy Carpenter.

I think Bradford will end up on the PS, but who knows? We certainly could've used a FA signing at the position.

Hardy has surprised me with his athleticism. He's a competent 3rd TE and I'm glad I was wrong about him. If he got more targets we'd see his natural receiver skills, but it's his movement that surprised me.

Carter is not (and never has been) better than Hardman or any other G that's started for us. He got cut today. He never dominated Suh or McCoy...he played on an offense where they had huge OL to just take up space so Harrell (or whomever) could make quick short passes. He painted his face hence why he got so much hype. Carter is too tall and has no trunk or leg strength. He's built awkward and I don't know why you guys fell in love with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Grimm and Jones have been awful this pre-season and TC. Assante has outperformed both of them. I want Assante to start over Jones week 1. He has a mean streak and can tackle and make plays in the secondary.

Grimm still may not be 100% and looks slow and unaware out there. I hope he recovers to the way he played last year. If not , T-Jack and Assante needs to be our starters.

Watson needs to replace Geno Hayes. Hayes is awful and is only back up material. Watson is a beast who can play all 3 LB positions, as stated by coach Raheem himself.
? Grimm and Jones have been fine. Jones has been quiet but hasn't made mistakes. Grimm has been excellent in run support and hasn't looked out-of-place in pass coverage. Grimm is arguably the most important piece to our run D. Yeesh.

I like Asante a lot but you're coming off as a Nebraska homer here. Asante has good range and plays intense and physical but he's not better than Grimm. Grimm is much more instinctive and more reliable as a run defender. I like Asante over Jones but not TJax or Grimm.

Agree about Hayes. Watson looks like our best LB, maybe even our best defender and he should be on the field every down. He's explosive, fast and disruptive. Everything that Hayes was supposed to be. Hayes is just too small and gets lost in the wash. He's a non-factor against power running teams and pretty much invisible all the time regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I'd rather have Black replace Foster, and Watson replace Black. I don't think Hayes is awful, he is very athletic and usually shows good instincts. He's still among our youngest LBs and should be putting it all together soon.

I'm with you on Asante, Jones, and Grimm. Grimm was a collegiate LB and I always thought his best position would be SS.. he certainly doesn't look to cover enough ground right now at FS. I don't think he looks unaware, just a tiny bit tentative and not as quick. He has been fast to come up and fill from the FS spot on runs.
Black hasn't been bad but he hasn't been good either. It doesn't look like he'll ever be more than a solid role player. Watson has impact potential and gives us a much needed size upgrade over Hayes. I don't know how you can defend Hayes...he's been glaringly bad, especially against NE when we got gashed. I agree that he's young and deserves to remain on the team but he looks out of place as a starter.

With Grimm, TJax, Asante, Black and Holland at S....I'll be confused and upset if Jones remains on the team. He's not a bad player but he's older than all those guys and at about the same playing level. No sense keeping him around and potentially losing a future stud.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,440
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Ahmad Black hasn't really done anything spectacular to make this team this year. I hear that he has an undisclosed injury, which means the staff might try and stash him on IR.

Are you serious ETK? Sean Jones misses assignments and on most plays has been no where to be found. Like, seriously, when Biggers got beat deep, he missed the assignment over the top. Jones is awful. Grimm is a strong Safety, not free safety. He's out of position, but Assante brings a physical presence. He should definately start over Jones. There's a reason why Tampa was the only team in the hunt last offseason for Jones as a starter.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando/Des Moines
Posts: 670
Reputation: 28095
lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Actually I'm pretty sure he visited the Jets and one other team before he signed with Tampa. Though I agree he's a marginal player.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando/Des Moines
Posts: 670
Reputation: 28095
lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
It's not a good bet that we keep 3 QBs. All the analysts have been talking about how we don't need to and Spurlock can be the emergency QB. We have better talent to keep than Rudy Carpenter.
Raheem has mentioned the whole Spurlock emergency QB deal as in ON GAMEDAY. The new rule is that the 3rd QB no longer gets an automatic spot on the gameday active list any longer. It's not as if Carpenter was exempt from the 53 man limit last season, he was still kept.

There's no point in having 3 active QBs game day unless you're paranoid. Spurlock would be there in case catastrophe strikes. With JJ convinced he can be a starter somewhere, losing Carpenter and having to develop another backup QB would be a bad idea for 2012.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Ahmad Black hasn't really done anything spectacular to make this team this year. I hear that he has an undisclosed injury, which means the staff might try and stash him on IR.

Are you serious ETK? Sean Jones misses assignments and on most plays has been no where to be found. Like, seriously, when Biggers got beat deep, he missed the assignment over the top. Jones is awful. Grimm is a strong Safety, not free safety. He's out of position, but Assante brings a physical presence. He should definately start over Jones. There's a reason why Tampa was the only team in the hunt last offseason for Jones as a starter.

I'd definitely stash Black on IR if I was the staff, but they're waiting til the last second.

That was Grimm who was over top on that play and overran the fence to make the tackle. Jones isn't awful but I'd definitely start Asante over him, and likely cut him because we don't need him around. I'd much rather keep Holland who looks like one of the most athletic safeties in the league and plays physical special teams.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I've got a feeling that McKenzie will be cut. He's soft, slow, and not productive, 3 of the worst qualities a LB can have. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs only keep 5 or use the 6th spot on a LB cut from another team.
http://twitter.com/#!/PewterReport/s...65631321866241

Good call...

I liked what I've seen from Smith this offseason. He's a lot more athletic than he looked on film at Syracuse.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Above The Law, But Under The Influence
Posts: 2,804
Reputation: 253654
V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Does Ed Gant make the squad?



...lol at the Skin fan giving him "thumbs down" ...

... another "lol" monet is the redzone wall saying Ed", and the back of his jersey saying "Gant"...

Pretty cool really.
__________________


Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 09-02-2011 at 01:05 PM.
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:20 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,115
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Re-cap:

WHere did I miss? Brandon Carter getting cut blindsided me like Dakoda Watson on 3rd down. I had Preston Parker not making the team, Rudy Carpenter making the team. Surprised on both.

Where did I hit? On everything else... not difficult with the obvious starters... but nailing McKenzie, Moore getting cut wasn't too shabby, but nailing Devin Holland, George Johnson, and the Bucs going crazy and keeping 6 CBs (they kept 7) even impressed myself.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.