Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-31-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am an Olsen fan. He posted solid numbers in college with a mediocre QB. He's not a great blocker, but it's easier to teach blocking than it is to teach speed and catching, which Olsen does well. I like Olsen at #16 a lot, though I've seen plenty of mocks where he goes a couple selections in front of the Packers. A number of Packers fans think that Bubba and crew can get better, which is a good thought as the TE spot was terrible last year so getting better likely just due to default.

I am not for any of this crop of WRs at 16 anymore, unless it's CJ. If they could trade down and get Bowe or Jarrett, fine. I think WR is deep enough that they could get some guys in later rounds, which TT has a proven track record of doing.

I think the value is better for a safety, or see if a CB fell. Laron Landry and Reggie Nelson are solid (or steals and Landry probably won't be there). Okoye likely to not be there. I'm not really all that excited about the middle selections for the Packers with regards to value at #16. I also like Adam Carriker to solidify the line, but he could be gone as well.

My mock posted in the Team Mocks:
Round One:
R1: Greg Olsen, Tight End, Miami
R2: Antonio Pittman, Running Back, Ohio St.
R3: John Wendling, Safety, Wyoming
R4: Jacoby Jones, Wide Receiver, Lane
R5: Travarous Bain, Corner Back, Hampton
R6: Andy Alleman, Offensive Guard, Akron
R7: Courtney Brown, Corner Back, Cal Poly
R7: Legedu Naanee, Wide Receiver, Boise St.
R7: Isaiah Stanback, Quarter Back (WR), Washington

So there's a Packers mock with Olsen and Pittman, filling need areas with players of good value.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Packers take Antonio Pittman I will shake my fist vigorously in the air. You already took A.J Hawk. Stop taking all my favorite Buckeyes!! Take Ted Ginn Jr. Hell take Troy Smith.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Both guys are over 30. Corners are not long for this world. Not to mention that Woodson probably projects to safety better.

As for Frank Walker (previous post) I'd answer that but I haven't gotten up off the floor from laughing yet.

Olsen is a project because what is he? He's not a pure tight-end and I think anyone that tries to use him as such will do so at their own peril. It's actually unfortunate (well not for me cause I don't like the Packers) that they got rid of David Martin because he would be a good person to pair with Olsen. I don't think he can block in the box and they will need to find creative ways to get him off the line because most DE's could probably knock him on his ass as soon as the play starts.

Are you saying that martin can block? Because if he can i have not seen it.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Are you saying that martin can block? Because if he can i have not seen it.
I'm blind to it too

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
If the Packers take Antonio Pittman I will shake my fist vigorously in the air. You already took A.J Hawk. Stop taking all my favorite Buckeyes!! Take Ted Ginn Jr. Hell take Troy Smith.

OR, become a Packer fan.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol and when i was the frist person to put Olsen in the frist for the packers, everyone thought it was too early for him, i guess i was wrong huh, lol.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
lol and when i was the frist person to put Olsen in the frist for the packers, everyone thought it was too early for him, i guess i was wrong huh, lol.
If you were going off his college performance then I guess there's a reason for people to laugh but following the combine there was no question that he belongs in round 1

Old 03-31-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

TT usually picks guys with good production, Olsen has a lot of potential but his agent and lack of production will not make him the pick for the Packers.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

i hope we dont take olsen in the first. what a waste

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
it still is

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
OR, become a Packer fan.
He already secretly is.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
i hope we dont take olsen in the first. what a waste
Yeah it would be a terrible waste considering Bubba dropped a trillion passes

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Yeah it would be a terrible waste considering Bubba dropped a trillion passes
the guy was a second round pick until he ran a 4.4 fourty. so tell me, how does someone go from 32+ to 16? straight line speed in shorts is WAY different then football speed. the fourty is the most overrated statistic come draft time. and that coming from you just makes it even more laughable, some of the stuff you say is stupid, theres other tight ends that we can get for better value, taking olsen at 16 is a terrible choice, if we trade down then maybe

Quote:
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver

Last edited by cuzifelt1ikeit : 04-01-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
the guy was a second round pick until he ran a 4.4 fourty. so tell me, how does someone go from 32+ to 16? straight line speed in shorts is WAY different then football speed. the fourty is the most overrated statistic come draft time. and that coming from you just makes it even more laughable, some of the stuff you say is stupid, theres other tight ends that we can get for better value, taking olsen at 16 is a terrible choice, if we trade down then maybe
Greg Olsen had to prove he had the physical skills b/c GMs knew that the QB sucked and they couldn't get him the ball

Old 04-01-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

Quote:
Greg Olsen had to prove he had the physical skills b/c GMs knew that the QB sucked and they couldn't get him the ball
part of the skillset doesnt depend on the qb. such as pass and run blocking as well as route running. not to mention hands

Quote:
Old 04-01-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
part of the skillset doesnt depend on the qb. such as pass and run blocking as well as route running. not to mention hands
GMs had no clue how good his hands were b/c he never got the ball and when he did he made plays. He is a 1st round talent.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

Quote:
GMs had no clue how good his hands were b/c he never got the ball and when he did he made plays. He is a 1st round talent.
im just not sold. i think he is shining because of the class this year

Quote:
Old 04-01-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
im just not sold. i think he is shining because of the class this year
Thats fine! Thats your opinion and I can understand why you feel that way