Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What will happen to CJ2K?
Holdout out entire season 6 7.59%
Get traded 1 1.27%
He'll come back, and play out his contract 11 13.92%
He'll get his extension 61 77.22%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Why can't CJ be cosidered a future HoF'er?

He's already got the "best at your position at one point in your career" qualification down, only two other RB's in NFL history had more yards at this point in their respective careers than CJ (which shows how ahead he is), he's got the historic significance of the 2,000-yard season and breaking Marshall Faulk's YFS record, and he's already a candidate for being the best homerun RB of all time after it taking him less than half the time to hit eight 50-yard TD runs than it did Jim Brown and Lenny Moore.

He's at least on track, and the hard part's over. Assuming he stays healthy, he'll have an excellent argument to be put into the Hall once it's all said and done.
If he can stay healthy and still keeps a pace he's at, then yes he's a future HOF. Right now, in todays current NFL, RBs prime is years 1-5 in the league pretty much and the majority, after 5 years, lose a step and start getting "beat up". And in my opinion, 5 years isn't enough to consider HOF worthy.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Chris Johnson has 5 years at his current level, and some decent years after, he's better than a lot guys that will make the hall because of longevity.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Literally every contract anyone signed this summer there have been people saying they got paid too much. From Vick to Fitz to CJ to JT, I don't see anything wrong with any of them. They are all FRANCHISE players who just got locked up for long term for money they deserved. Rookies are getting less money and there will be a salary floor in a few years, veterans are going to get paid more. It isn't like these players aren't proven.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After a read through of this thread bucfan12's comments are pure awesomeness all he did was spout idiotic bs and pointless false trash talk and when any point he made became invalid he just went back to more baseless trash talk :p quality stuff
Old 09-02-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
If he can stay healthy and still keeps a pace he's at, then yes he's a future HOF. Right now, in todays current NFL, RBs prime is years 1-5 in the league pretty much and the majority, after 5 years, lose a step and start getting "beat up". And in my opinion, 5 years isn't enough to consider HOF worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think every situation is different when dealing with player contracts. I would say that 13 million a year for a RB, in most cases, is too much. But looking at what the Titans have ... there really is no reason not to pay CJ and keep him as the face of the franchise. It's not like he's not worth it. It's not like he doesn't have a crucial role within the offense. I mean, he is the offense. They have an excellent offensive line (maybe the best bookend tackles in the game) and a great scheme that fits both the linemen they have and CJ himself. The guy is going to produce big numbers. The only thing I don't like is how both sides handled it. CJ should have been there, but at the same time, if the front office is gonna pay him, they should have paid him a lot sooner than this. Now you run the risk of having a Darrell Revis type start to the season where your premier player is playing at 75%, missing time because hamstring injuries or something to that effect because he isn't in football shape.

I've seen a lot worse players get paid money they shouldn't get paid. CJ is an elite player, plain and simple. I have no problem with elite players getting paid. Injuries have never been a concern, he doesn't have issues with the law, he produces and he's the best player on your franchise. I don't see the fuss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 09-03-2011 at 12:40 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote