Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 08-31-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Judging by the pre-season games so far, I would actually put Kevin Thomas opposite Powers and Tryon at NB.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tryon makes plays in coverage. Thomas has had a few good tackles but has looked average or worse in coverage IMO. I like his potential. Ruckers too. By seasons' end I expect Lacey will be the 4th best CB on the roster, at best, if they are all healthy.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeez, a pre-season win, that's unusual.

Kind of an uneven performance tonight though. O-Line struggled, including starters.

I wouldn't even put Linkenbach on the roster, let alone having him be the starter.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Diem seems like he's a guard now. No going back to RT. Linkenbach isn't doing so well. IMO you just put Ijalana out there and let him work it out. None of the other options are any better and he has the most promise. Just let him take his lumps and improve. No reason to let anybody take valuable snaps from him, he's not worse than Linkenbach.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-02-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Man, this O-Line is scary. They better get it together and fast.

I'll try my prediction for the 53-man roster:

QB (3): Manning, Collins, Painter
RB (3): Addai, Brown, Carter
WR (6): Wayne, Collie, Garcon, Gonzo, Smith, Gilreath
TE (3): Clark, Tamme, Eldridge
OL (9): Castonzo, Reitz, Saturday, Diem, Linkenbach, Ijalana, Pollak, Devan, McClendon

DE (6): Freeney, Mathis, Hughes, Anderson, Foster, Brayton
DT (5): Moala, Johnson, Nevis, Harris, Mathews
LB(6): Angerer, Brackett, Simms, Conner, Wheeler, Triplett
CB (5): Powers, Tryon, Thomas, Lacey, Rucker
Saf (4): Bethea, Bullitt, Lefeged, Afalava

K (1): Vinateri
P (1): McAfee
LS (1): Snow

- I wanted to put Moten, Evans and Tepper, but we probably can stash them on the PS for now. If we carry 4 RBs, then Evans could certainly make it and Moten could beat out Triplett.
- Chick is a tough cut, but it's either him or Hughes and Jerry isn't getting cut.
- Smith probably made the roster with today's game. Gilreath should be the returner.
- I'm tempted to put another CB (maybe Terrence Johnson) and/or another Safety (maybe Caldwell or Hamlin) but I don't think it's necessary.

Last edited by MaxV : 09-02-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:12 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my 53 Man Roster prediction.

Quarterback - 3

Peyton Manning
Kerry Collins
Curtis Painter

Running Back - 4

Joseph Addai
Delone Carter
Donald Brown
Javarris James

Wide Receiver - 6

Reggie Wayne
Pierre Garçon
Austin Collie
Anthony Gonzalez
Taj Smith
David Gilreath

Tight End - 3

Dallas Clark
Brody Eldridge
Jacob Tamme

Offensive Line - 9

Anthony Castonzo
Jeff Linkenbach
Ryan Diem
Joe Reitz
Jeff Saturday
Ben Ijalana
Jacques McClendon
Kyle DeVan
Mike Pollak

Defensive End - 5

Dwight Freeney
Robert Mathis
Jamaal Anderson
Jerry Hughes
Tyler Brayton

Defensive Tackle - 6

Antonio Johnson
Tommie Harris
Fili Moala
Drake Nevis
Ricardo Mathews

Linebacker - 6

Kavell Conner
Gary Brackett
Pat Angerer
Ernie Sims
Philip Wheeler
Adrian Moten

Cornerback - 5

Jerraud Powers
Justin Tryon
Jacob Lacey
Kevin Thomas
Chris Rucker

Safety - 4

Antoine Bethea
Melvin Bullitt
Joe Lefeged
David Caldwell

Special Teams - 3

Adam Vinatieri
Pat McAfee
Justin Snow

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Fairly similar to mine.

I do think that Foster will make it. The DL that might be on the bubble is Mathews.

I'm not a big fan of James. He gives a good effort, but his upside is very limited. I like Evans a lot more. But I can see James making it, if they think they can stash Evans on PS.

I chose Triplett over Moten because they can put Moten on PS and Triplett is a bit more versitile.

Caldwell vs. Afalava is an interesting battle. I can see Caldwell making the roster. The reason I chose Afalava is because he can backup Bethea, while Lefeged backs up Bullitt.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Here's my take on the 53 man roster:

QB - Manning, Collins, Painter (3)
RB - Addai, Carter, Evans, Brown (4)
WR - Wayne, Garcon, Collie, Gonzalez, Gilreath/Smith (5)
TE - Clark, Tamme, Eldridge, Snow (4)
OT - Castonzo, Ijalana, Linkenbach, Tepper (4)
OG - Reitz, Diem, McClendon, Devan (4)
C - Saturday, Kirkpatrick(2)

(26)

DE - Freeney, Mathis, Anderson, Hughes, Foster (5)
DT - Mookie, Moala, Nevis, Harris, Mathews(5)
LB - Bracket, Sims, Angerererer, Conner, Wheeler, Moten (6)
CB - Powers, Tryon, Lacey, Thomas, Rucker, FA (6)
S - Bethea, Bullitt, Lefeged, Caldwell (4)

(25)

K - Vinatieri
P - McAfee

(2)

I wanted to leave Brown off and include James but I don't think they'll do it. Even though they should. Brown is terrible.

I think the Colts will add at least one cut FA, possibly more. I am watching Seattle's safety cuts with interest. They already cut DeAndre McDaniel and I think he'd be an upgrade over Caldwell. If they also cut either Jeron Johnson or Kam Chancellor the Colts should jump on one of them. I think Rucker could probably cover a S spot in an emergency situation.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-02-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Yeah, Polian has a history of finding other team's rejects that fit our system.

OL, DB and maybe another LB would be nice.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I am actually hoping for a WR to be cut that the Colts could add. I've heard the kid from ND isn't working out so well in Seattle. Golden Tate.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-02-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allegedly the Colts have cut Donald Brown, Ricardo Mathews, Anthony Gonzalez and are considering cutting Jerry Hughes.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
Allegedly the Colts have cut Donald Brown, Ricardo Mathews, Anthony Gonzalez and are considering cutting Jerry Hughes.
Wow, if that is true those are three first round picks. Gonzo was more injury issues. Brown and Hughes are just poop.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stampede Blue had Matthews gone and Brown and Hughes on the bubble, so seems quite likely

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just an fyi

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...fb_na_txt_0001

Jim Tressel hired as a gameday consultant

Old 09-02-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Funny, the only one among those that doesn't deserve to be cut imo is the only non-1st-rounder, Rico Mathews.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Stampede Blue are reporting that John Chick has been waived, so it's likely Hughes will stay. Also saying that Ollie Ogbu might be gone, but put on the Practice Squad

Old 09-03-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Tommie Harris and Javarris James are gone as well, unhappy about James and raging about Harris! It better be health related...

edit - Ricardo Matthews gone as well

Last edited by UKfan : 09-03-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Harris deserved to stay. I hope that's not the case.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Harris is all over stampede blue and PFT, so sure looking that way.

List of confirmed and unconfirmed cuts here: http://www.stampedeblue.com/

They have Harris as a confirmed cut

Last edited by UKfan : 09-03-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Orlovsky and Taj Smith also cut...

Old 09-03-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Matthews, Harris, Ogbu, and James all cut while losers like Gill, Brown, and Pollak might stay on the roster. Bunch of clowns running this team.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-03-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Stampede Blue reporting that McClendon is also an unconfirmed cut, wow!

Also we are keeping Spann on the 53 at the moment, but looking for a trade so that we can keep Spann on the PS...

Old 09-03-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

and DeVan apparently as well, you have have have to be kidding me right now, how is Pollak not gone but DeVan is?!

Old 09-03-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

http://twitter.com/#!/JMV1070

Old 09-03-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

B Polian took back his power and is running this roster into the ground.

i done stole dis sig