Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 08-31-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Titans final 53

My predictions-

QB-Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Locker
RB-Chris Johnson, Javon Ringer, Jamie Harper
FB-Ahmard Hall
WR-Kenny Britt,Marc Mariani, Kevin Curtis
WR-Nate Washington, Damian Williams
TE-Jared Cook, Craig Stevens, Daniel Graham
T-Michael Roos, David Stewart, Mike Otto, Byron Stingily
G-Leroy Harris, Jake Scott, Troy Kropog
C-Eugene Amano

DE-Jason Jones, Derrick Morgan, Pannel Egboh
DT-Shaun Smith, Jurrell Casey
DT-Karl Klug,Senderrick Marks, Zach Clayton
DE-William Hayes, Jacob Ford,David Ball
OLB-Akeem Ayers, Rennie Curran, Tim Shaw
MLB-Barrett Rudd, Colin Mccarthy, Ken Amato
OLB-Will Witherspoon, Gerald McRath
S-Michael Griffin,Vincent Fuller
S-Chris Hope, Jordan Babineaux
CB-Cortland Finnegan,Alterraun Verner
CB-Jason McCourty, Tommie Campbell,Frank Walker

K-Bironas
P-Kern

(IR)- Mouton

watcha think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm iffy on keeping 6 ends but it looks pretty solid.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Hawkins(corner) played well against the bears I thought, so he might be kept over Frank Walker.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2...-curran-rolle/

Quote:
First round of cuts-

LB Rennie Curran, DE Hall Davis, RB Herb Donaldson, TE Riar Geer, TE Cameron Graham, OL Thomas Gray, DE Julian Hartsell, RB Stafon Johnson, WR James Kirkendoll, CB Lequan Lewis, OL Pat McQuistan, RB Kestahn Moore, WR Michael Preston, S Myron Rolle, FB Joe Tronzo.

Rennie is somewhat of a surprise and I thought he was having an "okay" preseason. Guess he just doesn't fit in with McRath,McCarthy and Ayers being the ideal future at the position.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2011, 12:49 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really surprised Curran got cut. I wasn't a fan of the pick at the time. Not because I thought he was a bad player, but because they used a 3rd RD'er for a guy who was (maybe) 5'11, 230 lbs., was strictly a 4-3 WLB/special teamer, and probably only a Cover 2 WLB at that. And honestly, I didn't think the need at LB was that big at the time (We drafted McRath the year before and signed Witherspoon that offseason), and since linebackers make a quick transition to the NFL, I didn't think taking a guy who was so position specific that early, only to sit him for a few seasons until a starting spot opened up, was a smart move.

When I heard about the changes they were making to the front 7, I wondered if Curran, even if he was starting caliber, had a place in the new scheme. The DL went from athletic DE's at the 9-tech, small DT's to help collapse the pocker/drive the QB backwards into the path of the DE's, and smaller coverage LB's who didn't need to be good blitzers to bigger DE's at the 7-tech, big DT's to absorb blockers, and the LB's would have to be capable blitzers due to the more aggressive scheme. The coaching staff drafting Akeem Ayers illustrated the change too, whereas I think if Fisher and Co. were still here, they would have drafted Bruce Carter if he had to take an OLB there. Ayers is a 6'3, 254 lbs. college DE/OLB hybrid, and Carter is a 6'2, 241 lbs. typical 4-3 OLB (even if he's now playing ILB for the Cowboys' 3-4). Curran fit the scheme that Fisher/Schwartz/Cecil ran, and still couldn't break anywhere into a pretty average starting lineup of Spoon/Tully/McRath, which drove the coaching staff to bring in 3 LB's this offseason. Now it's a scheme that wants bigger players up front and more blitzing, and Curran is small, has short arms, and doesn't even have good speed for a small OLB. Now that he didn't fit the new scheme of bigger is better, I figured we drafted a career (at least as a Titan) backup at WLB and only WLB. Guess he's not even that with the crowded corps of Ayers, Witherspoon, Ruud, McRath, McCarthy, and one of Tim Shaw/Patrick Bailey (I'm not even sure we need 6 LB's, with the versatility we have and McRath and McCarthy being capable special teamers).

I think normally, Curran would be given more time. He was a rookie last year, and I hope he goes somewhere else and has success. He just didn't fit the direction that the defense was going, and there's no use in wasting the roster spot for a guy that doesn't fit the scheme and only backs up a single spot, especially when McRath and McCarthy provide depth at all 3 spots and play ST's. We wanted a scheme change, and this is an unfortunate side effect. He probably won't be the last wasted pick the shift will cause.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR Justin Gage, DE Jacob Ford, DE Pannel Egboh, and CB Frank Walker have been waived.

NB Vincent Fuller, S Robert Johnson, and WR Yamon Figurs as well.

OT Adam Terry is gone, and rumor is WR Kevin Curtis could be as well, but they could put him on the PUP list.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 09-03-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
My predictions-

QB-Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Locker, Rusty Smith
RB-Javon Ringer, Jamie Harper
FB-Quinn Johnson
WR-Kenny Britt, Marc Mariani, Lavelle Hawkins
WR-Nate Washington, Damian Williams
TE-Jared Cook, Craig Stevens, Daniel Graham
T-Michael Roos, David Stewart, Mike Otto, Byron Stingily
G-Leroy Harris, Jake Scott, Troy Kropog
C-Eugene Amano, Kevin Matthews, Fernando Velasco

DE-Jason Jones, Derrick Morgan, Malcolm Sheppard
DT-Shaun Smith, Jurrell Casey
DT-Karl Klug, Senderrick Marks, Zach Clayton
DE-William Hayes, David Ball
OLB-Akeem Ayers, Tim Shaw, Patrick Bailey
MLB-Barrett Rudd, Colin Mccarthy, Ken Amato
OLB-Will Witherspoon, Gerald McRath
S-Michael Griffin,
S-Chris Hope, Jordan Babineaux
CB-Cortland Finnegan, Alterraun Verner, Chris Hawkins
CB-Jason McCourty, Tommie Campbell

K-Bironas
P-Kern

(IR)- CB Ryan Mouton
(IR)- WR Kevin Curtis
(IR)- OT Adam Terry

(Suspended)- FB Ahmard Hall

(DNR)- RB Chris Johnson

watcha think?
So far this is what it's looking like, with changes in bold and with a total of 54 players, which is an ok amount for us til Friday. Sheppard looks to have made it, and looks like he's DE depth instead of DT. Gotta think they trim the OL more, and I worry about DE and DB depth.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 09-04-2011 at 04:50 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Our whole draft class looks like its going to make it. Thats ******* sweet.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Titans- please pick up Chastin West or Brandon Tate... k thx bye.

Quote:
Old 09-04-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Matthews make the team? or he get cut?
Old 09-04-2011, 04:53 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Kevin Matthews make the team? or he get cut?
Aye, and there's another I forgot too. In the altered quote I posted earlier, we now have 52 players on the roster, since the players on IR, suspended, and DNR don't count (or do suspended players count? If so, they Hall is the 53rd). If Hall doesn't count though, then there's somebody I'm missing.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Fadetoblack
Rookie

Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you're missing safety Anthony Smith.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've barely been keeping up with preseason at all due to academics and employment so I have a few questions:

Why aren't Derrick Morgan or Jurrell Casey starting? Will they at least see action in certain packages and situations?
Has Karl Klug really been that good?
Why was Myron Rolle cut?
How good of a blocker is Quinn Johnson?
Do I really have to put up with Rusty Smith's continued existence?

If you could answer these questions, I'd really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:05 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I've barely been keeping up with preseason at all due to academics and employment so I have a few questions:

Why aren't Derrick Morgan or Jurrell Casey starting? Will they at least see action in certain packages and situations?
Derrick would probably be starting now but he had his knee scoped, will definitely be out vs Jags and possibly a little longer. Jurrell Casey has shown a lot of flashes, but Klug has probably looked the best of any of the defensive lineman.

Has Karl Klug really been that good?
Yes, He looks to be a pretty amazing rusher inside and plays the outside run very well. Just very active.

Why was Myron Rolle cut?
Really never showed anything.

How good of a blocker is Quinn Johnson?
Packers fans say he is a really good blocker..just isn't usefull anywhere else.

Do I really have to put up with Rusty Smith's continued existence?
Praise be Rusty.
If you could answer these questions, I'd really appreciate it.

answers in bold.

Quote:
Old 09-05-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Jason McCourty won the starting corner job over Verner.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Complex, your sig makes me want to fap so hard. Who is she? Where is this from?
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

That's Keeley Hazell in his avy, and I'm pretty sure that's Christina Hendricks in his sig.

Anyway, here's the 2-deep for the J'Ville game, per Titans Insider.

OFFENSE

•QB – Hasselbeck, Locker
•RB – Johnson, Ringer
•FB – Q. Johnson, Stevens
•WR- Britt, Williams
•WR -Washington, Hawkins
•TE – Stevens, Cook
•LT – Roos, Otto
•LG- Harris, Velasco
•C- Amano, Velasco
•RG- Scott, Velasco
•RT- Stewart, Otto

DEFENSE

•DE – Hayes, Morgan
•DT- Smith, Casey
•DT- Marks, Klug
•DE- Jones, Ball
•LB- Ayers, Bailey
•LB- Ruud, McCarthy
•LB- Witherspoon, McRath
•CB- McCourty, Verner
•SS- Hope, Babineaux
•FS- Griffin, Smith
•CB- Finnegan, Campbell

SPECIAL TEAMS

•K – Bironas, Kern
•P -Kern, Bironas
•H -Kern, Hasselbeck
•PR -Mariani, Williams
•KR -Mariani, Williams
•LS – Amato, Velasco

Marks is starting?! What the what?!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Morgan was out.

Also, I don't believe that is Christina Hendricks in his sig. Looks to me like a European commercial or something.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

count me in on who the hell is that!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

I finally found the vid, her name is Kerekes Vica and my avatar is Keely Hazell.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:22 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bless you beautiful foreign ginger woman woo
Old 09-07-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I thought Morgan was out.
Maybe he'll play, but he'll be fairly limited? I'm guessing we'll see a lot of Hayes and Ball over him, with Klug situationally flexing outside - especially since J'Ville will be so run heavy and we may wanna have a bigger DL with Klug-Smith-Marks/Casey-Jones.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Never mind. I think I'm thinking Jason Jones. I'm so lost.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

No you're right. It's Morgan that's hurt. He had his knee scoped like 2 weeks ago, and last I heard, wasn't supposed to play in the first 2 games. Hopefully this is a sign that he's ahead in his recovery and can contribute, cause we really need a good season from him.

Edit: Well, it looks like Jason Jones could miss the game too. I guess we'll just see what happens, but our DE's have gotta get healthy. Jones and Morgan are major this year.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 09-08-2011 at 10:36 PM.