Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-05-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprising, but Cassel was a full participant in practice today.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, we waived TE Anthony Becht and picked up OT Steve Maneri off of waivers from the Patriots. Nepg, what can you tell us about him?

Old 09-05-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So has anyone actually heard an official release from the Chiefs that Cassel has a cracked rib, I read somewhere, can't remember where, that it's just a bruise which is a completely different story, so has anyone else heard this? I'm thinking someone just came up with this as a smear against Haley since so many people seem to hate him.
chief_fan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It was first reported by Nick Wright I believe.. and well.. :\

Old 09-05-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Also, we waived TE Anthony Becht and picked up OT Steve Maneri off of waivers from the Patriots. Nepg, what can you tell us about him?
The Pats really liked Maneri and wanted him on their PS. Some fans got really excited about him, but I don't know... Lots of potential, I guess.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:59 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The Pats really liked Maneri and wanted him on their PS. Some fans got really excited about him, but I don't know... Lots of potential, I guess.
Eight years ago it was us and Lilja.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:03 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Chiefs announce practice squad

Shane Bannon, FB

Justin Cole, LB

Darryl Harris, G

Jeremy Horne, WR

Quinten Lawrence, DB

Butch Lewis, OL

David Mims, OL

Anthony Toribio, DT
Is Quinten Lawrence going to convert to CB? I am surprised by Cole and Horne. I would have thought do or die.

Looking at this list makes one thing clear, there will be FA signings. Some of these guys would be on the roster if they did not intend to add depth.
J

Last edited by onejayhawk : 09-06-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the Chiefs thinness at the interior OLine positions is scary. 1 player, a undersized rookie C, will be the BU for all 3 interior positions. that depth will come to hurts us. even as healthy as the Chiefs were last year, a BU OG had to make 1 start.

yes, we added weapons to Cassel's arsenal, but did we protect him? i'll be the 1st to admit that i thought the OLine overachieved last year. i'm hoping they can do it again because on paper the depth is pathetic.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah I'm really scared about our depth too. It doesn't look good at all.

If Gaither can't start at LT next year (with Albert moving to RT) then RT is our biggest glaring weakness. Hell, I wouldn't mind if they slowly transitioned Albert over there this year if Gaither is 100% healthy.

Ugh. Depth at so many positions (OL, S, CB) are so bad. I hope we're mostly injury free again this year. Ugh ugh ugh.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

That lack of depth is why I said the PS proves there will be FA signings. Lewis is the official backup OG, but he is not ready. I expect a veteran signing.

More interesting is TE, just Pope and O'C. My guess is that the blocking TE will be Maneri. Also, do not forget that Waters was a TE.

I do not understand why anyone thinks Albert should be eased out of LT. Gaither is the swing tackle, not the starter, unless he beat out Richardson. In that case BR is the swing and Gaither starts at RT. Of course Mims and Maneri figure as well.

J
Old 09-06-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
That lack of depth is why I said the PS proves there will be FA signings. Lewis is the official backup OG, but he is not ready. I expect a veteran signing.

More interesting is TE, just Pope and O'C. My guess is that the blocking TE will be Maneri. Also, do not forget that Waters was a TE.

I do not understand why anyone thinks Albert should be eased out of LT. Gaither is the swing tackle, not the starter, unless he beat out Richardson. In that case BR is the swing and Gaither starts at RT. Of course Mims and Maneri figure as well.

J
The thing with Gaither he will be worse than Kwame Harris at RT, he is a pure LT in every sense of the word. Cannot and should not ever play RT, that is where people are being hopeful about the abilities of Gaither. He has the ability to be a top 5 LT in the game. The thing is, BRich shouldn't start ever, anywhere, not in Buffalo. He is a perfect swing guy IMO, on a whim in a spot start once a year he could do it.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gaither is easily better than Albert if 100%.

That is not a knock on Albert it just is what it is.

I'm with BOE Gaither is a LT first and foremost and if he can prove he is ready to play he should be the starting LT and Albert the RT.

As for Richardson I think he played better then most gave him credit for last year but has been down right awful this preseason.

Last edited by Splat : 09-06-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Splat you are a better RT than Richardson.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have trouble with the smaller faster DE's.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Gaither, when healthy, is head and shoulders above Albert at LT. It's fact. If I have two linemen like Gaither and Albert I'd get them both on the field at the same time to make the strongest possible line, so Albert, logically, would be the one to move over.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
the Chiefs thinness at the interior OLine positions is scary. 1 player, a undersized rookie C, will be the BU for all 3 interior positions. that depth will come to hurts us. even as healthy as the Chiefs were last year, a BU OG had to make 1 start.

yes, we added weapons to Cassel's arsenal, but did we protect him? i'll be the 1st to admit that i thought the OLine overachieved last year. i'm hoping they can do it again because on paper the depth is pathetic.
The OL didn't overachieve last year. It was a talented group that just progressed. It's a much more talented group this year and hopefully they continue to make progress towards fulfilling their potential as a unit. The only weak spot on the OL is backup G. The rest is looking pretty awesome. Looked like crap in the pre-season with mixed-in street players and guys playing out of position, but this is a really nice group that has a couple years together.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lewis is the official backup OG
J
not according to the Kansas City Chiefs and their website.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/depth-chart.html

Hudson is listed as the #1 BU for LG, C and RG. actually, after further looking, there isn't an offensive lineman named Lewis on the 53 man roster. Butch Lewis made the practice squad, but he can't help until the week after someone is injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The OL didn't overachieve last year. It was a talented group that just progressed. It's a much more talented group this year and hopefully they continue to make progress towards fulfilling their potential as a unit. The only weak spot on the OL is backup G. The rest is looking pretty awesome. Looked like crap in the pre-season with mixed-in street players and guys playing out of position, but this is a really nice group that has a couple years together.
overachieve was a poor choice of words on my part. what i meant is exceeded expectations. most Chiefs fans didn't go into the 2010 season with the idea that the Chiefs would be able to impose their running game on almost every team we played. plus, make as many strides in pass protection as they did (i attribute most of that to the effective running game). it feels like deja vu cause i'm hoping the OLine exceeds my expectations. maybe not from starter or an execution standpoint, but from a depth perspective. our 5 starters have to stay healthy all year. doing that would exceed my expectations. i know how the NFL is and getting your line to play every snap of every game is impossible.

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 09-06-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
not according to the Kansas City Chiefs and their website.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/depth-chart.html

Hudson is listed as the #1 BU for LG, C and RG. actually, after further looking, there isn't an offensive lineman named Lewis on the 53 man roster. Butch Lewis made the practice squad, but he can't help until the week after someone is injured.

overachieve was a poor choice of words on my part. what i meant is exceeded expectations. most Chiefs fans didn't go into the 2010 season with the idea that the Chiefs would be able to impose their running game on almost every team we played. plus, make as many strides in pass protection as they did (i attribute most of that to the effective running game). it feels like deja vu cause i'm hoping the OLine exceeds my expectations. maybe not from starter or an execution standpoint, but from a depth perspective. our 5 starters have to stay healthy all year. doing that would exceed my expectations. i know how the NFL is and getting your line to play every snap of every game is impossible.
OK Lewis, on the PS, is the one I refered to. He is the de facto, if unofficial, backup. If an injury occured in a game situation, we would make do with Hudson, but Lewis is available for the next week. Of course, like others, I expect a FA signing.

As to the 2010 season, casual fans were thinking the OL stunk, but forums like this one knew better. If you go back to August 2010, we had discussions on why the OL was not a big issue. This year we replaced Waters, and will replace Weigmann. Those are the last holdovers from the glory days of the last decade.

J
Old 09-07-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm supremely confident in Asamoah, but I have my doubts about Hudson, but that is only because he's a rookie. He has the ability to be a great center someday though.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
OK Lewis, on the PS, is the one I refered to. He is the de facto, if unofficial, backup. If an injury occured in a game situation, we would make do with Hudson, but Lewis is available for the next week. Of course, like others, I expect a FA signing.

J
now Lewis has been released to free up a roster spot for a practice squad TE. the season is quickly approaching and the time for picking up players off the scrap heap is quickly dwindling. i'm just saying the depth on this line is terrible and unless everyone stays healthy all year, we will see consequences.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

So Peyton could potentially be out when we play them week 5.. that sucks for Peyton because he's one hell of a QB but I'd be lying if I said I was disappointed he wasn't going to play.

We played them tough last year with a healthy Peyton so maybe we can steal that one.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any news on Berry's injury?that was the icing on the craptastic cake yesterday
Old 09-12-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Berry is out for the year according to NFLN. Torn ACL

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yup. FML. This season is over. Good game y'all.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Piscitelli was just awful trying to replace Berry.