Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-07-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default College Gameday Thread: Week 2

Thursday night:
Arizona @ #9 Oklahoma State

Friday night:
#21 Missouri @ Arizona State

Some other intriguing matchups:
#16 Mississippi State @ Auburn
#11 Virginia Tech @ ECU
#3 Alabama @ #23 Penn State
#12 South Carolina @ Georgia
BYU @ #24 Texas
Notre Dame @ Michigan
Rutgers @ North Carolina
Cincinnati @ Tennessee

I guess RG3 and Baylor don't play this week. What a shame.

My question is this: Why the **** is Notre Dame favored by 3.5 points over Michigan right now? I should be pounding Brady Hoke's Wolverines right now before it goes down to 3, right?

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

West Virginia has powerhouse Norfolk State... Thank god other games are on.

I like the first four road teams to win listed under the 'other intriguing matchups', looking at that parlay now...

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona vs Ok State should be a good one.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
I think so too. I'm not sure how much I like that line giving Arizona +13. Nick Foles and Juron Criner should have a coming out party. I still think it's weird that Weeden is older than Aaron Rodgers.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
I'm intrigued and I'll be DVR'ing it. Good game to watch if you want to get a good look at the QB's. I already have a solid opinion of Foles but it won't hurt to see him some more and I definitely want to watch Brandon Weeden.

And as a fan of Rutgers, this game against UNC should be a good barometer of where they're at.

Then there is always Notre Dame/Michigan at the Big House. First ever night game in the Big House and it should be exciting.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're lucky I like you gnpgc, I've killed for less!

Gonna go to the UCF/BC game Saturday night (hopefully). Should be a good one.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iowa @ Iowa St. HATE WEEK!

The Cyclones have not scored a touchdown vs. the Iowa 1st team D in 3 years.

Also, this:

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2...n-its-me-again

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dear Idaho, don't bother showing up, unless you enjoy getting raped.

-Texas A&M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I guess RG3 and Baylor don't play this week. What a shame.
they do not play a serious game until October

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
You're lucky I like you gnpgc, I've killed for less!

Gonna go to the UCF/BC game Saturday night (hopefully). Should be a good one.
Lucky. I'm going to two UCF games this year and I wish this was one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One more week until the showdown in Tallahassee...
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any games anybody is betting on that you love? I like

Ohio State (-19) vs. Toledo
Iowa (-6.5) vs. Iowa State
NC State (-2) vs. Wake Forest
South Carolina (-2.5) vs. Georgia
Georgia Tech (-11) vs. Middle Tennessee State
Michigan (+2) vs. Notre Dame

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 09-08-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post

I like them all as well. A lot.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Wait, waaaaait...Michigan is a 2 point UNDERDOG to ND? I mean, I know it's in South Bend, but did the odds makers watch Notre Dame last week? How are they favored at this point?

Also, Iowa at -6.5 seems like a great play given recent results vs. Iowa St. But Iowa State's sole purpose in football each year is to beat Iowa. If they went 1-11 and beat Iowa, it would be a successful season. Hell, in 2007 they went 3-9 with a 15-13 win over Iowa that they still bring up as one of their best memories as of late.

If I had to guess, I'd say the final is going to be something like 27-17, but wouldn't be surprised if it was like 24-20 or 21-17. I would not put any money on Iowa.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-08-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Wait, waaaaait...Michigan is a 2 point UNDERDOG to ND? I mean, I know it's in South Bend, but did the odds makers watch Notre Dame last week? How are they favored at this point?
Except it's not in South Bend. It's the first night game in Ann Arbor.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Yup, I just realized that. Now I'm really confused how Michigan is the 2 point dog in this game...

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-08-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Yup, I just realized that. Now I'm really confused how Michigan is the 2 point dog in this game...
Get your bets in now because it will be jumped on.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
There has never been a night game in Ann Arbor ever? I could have sworn they played a night game there back when Braylon Edwards was there.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 09-08-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where do you guys bet? Bodog?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Where do you guys bet? Bodog?
Prefer to do it with someone live that you can see and talk to and get the lines off an online sportsbook

Old 09-08-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put up you dukes Duke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There has never been a night game in Ann Arbor ever? I could have sworn they played a night game there back when Braylon Edwards was there.
That game started at 3:30 and went into overtime.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
That game started at 3:30 and went into overtime.
Laughed way too hard at this.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joseph Randle looking good early, 7-0 Okie State.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm loving watching this game in 3d. Looks fantastic.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Also, Iowa at -6.5 seems like a great play given recent results vs. Iowa St. But Iowa State's sole purpose in football each year is to beat Iowa. If they went 1-11 and beat Iowa, it would be a successful season. Hell, in 2007 they went 3-9 with a 15-13 win over Iowa that they still bring up as one of their best memories as of late.

If I had to guess, I'd say the final is going to be something like 27-17, but wouldn't be surprised if it was like 24-20 or 21-17. I would not put any money on Iowa.
Not only is Michigan a 2-pt dog right now but they opened at +4.5!!!!!!!!! That's too good to be true. It's fishy as hell. Also that was the reason I started this thread - to get people's thoughts on what I viewed as a RIDICULOUS line.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote