Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-06-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i owned gears 1 mp, but hated 2 so bad i returned that piece of ****, i will buy 3 but it better at least be as good as 1 easily one of my favorite 360 online multiplayer games
Old 09-07-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Last year was a big spending year and so is this year.

This year I've picked up...

Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, L.A. Noire, NCAA 12, and Deus Ex. I also bought a bunch of lower priced games.

And I still have to get...

Gears 3, RAGE, Skyrim, and Uncharted 3.

Pretty much a gigantic waste of money...but that's how I spend the money I make. :P

Skyrim! How was LA Noire? That looked good from the video review.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really only have Gears3 and Skyrim on my list... Might even pass on Skyrim since I still have Oblivion, both Fallouts, ME2 (started playing as friends were finishing it and got sidetracked), and have been playing the **** out of Mount & Blade...
Old 09-07-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I plan on going video game crazy this fall.

NBA 2k12, Fifa 12, X-Men: destiny, Rage, Rugby Challenge, Arkham City, etc.

solid season for gaming

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just leaving this here.

Also, the first three Devil May Cry games got confirmed for an HD re-release for both consoles today. Big fan of those titles, plan on purchasing that for sure.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-07-2011 at 02:07 PM.
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Skyrim! How was LA Noire? That looked good from the video review.
I thought it was amazing. The facial animations alone could sell that game, but I loved the story and while the general gameplay was familiar, if you've played any Rockstar game. It was still extremely solid all around. Fun game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I traded in my old Xbox towards the GOW Xbox and thought I could handle a couple weeks with out it. I was really wrong. GOW 3 is only 13 days away though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

Just leaving this here.

Also, the first three Devil May Cry games got confirmed for an HD re-release for both consoles today. Big fan of those titles, plan on purchasing that for sure.
lol. That's creepy. If a game is a default first person game...the third person stuff always looks bad. Even if you're a third person guy, you might as well stick to the superior playing angle. Because normally it will look rather pathetic. It's nice that they give you the option, but it's always crap. Fallout and Oblivion are also hilariously bad in third person mode.

As for DMC, could never get into it. I didnt like those games at all. I was much more into God of War.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-07-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those games will always hold a special place in my heart if only for the fact that they were the first M rated games that I was able to convince my parents to allow me to play haha. Looking back on them now, they're quite over the top and really cheesy, but it's still a blast to play. I'm the opposite really, I could never get into God of War. Great games and I enjoy playing them even....I just always seem to stop halfway through for whatever reason.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-07-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol. That's creepy. If a game is a default first person game...the third person stuff always looks bad. Even if you're a third person guy, you might as well stick to the superior playing angle. Because normally it will look rather pathetic. It's nice that they give you the option, but it's always crap. Fallout and Oblivion are also hilariously bad in third person mode.

As for DMC, could never get into it. I didnt like those games at all. I was much more into God of War.
You should see the animations for Battlefield 3. They're some of the best I've ever seen.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought God of war was far inferior to Ninja Gaiden. God of war was way to easy, I got through that game by just pounding out the one button combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
You should see the animations for Battlefield 3. They're some of the best I've ever seen.
Skyrim has some beautfiul third person animation as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-08-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I always thought God of war was far inferior to Ninja Gaiden. God of war was way to easy, I got through that game by just pounding out the one button combo.
The stories dont even compare imo, though. Ninja Gaidan was just boring to me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-09-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Crysis announced for consoles. That's a genuine feat of technical wizardry right there with the level of graphic detail and scale of the environments. Probably should have done this before releasing Crysis 2, but better late than never I suppose. I'll probably be buying it again considering it made my graphics card cry and just didn't run very well on my PC, despite how much I enjoyed it. It's probably the stronger single player experience of the two(It's actually a lot like Deus Ex in some ways), but it will be interesting to see what they do with the multiplayer. It was kind of underwhelming and felt more like a tacked on thing. Might be a good chance to try to balance things out and refocus some stuff.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-09-2011, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought that was announced a while back?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It was rumored by some ratings board leak, but never announced and never shown footage. Price got announced to; 1600 MS points, which isn't bad for a 12 hour game with multiplayer at all.

But yeah, even cooler news of the day; 20 minute E3 demo of Kingdoms of Amalur

Amazing looking stuff. The art style is a little too World of Warcraft for my taste, but that's easy to get past. The combat looks fast and responsive...but the RPG elements look strong as well. It looks like an Elder Scrolls game, what Dragon Age 2 should have been, and Fable had a baby and trained it to fight. So yeah, take my money Curt Schilling.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-09-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Friend and I finally got to play Dead Island co-op yesterday. The game is really fun. Still has some bugs to be worked out, but most of the game-breaking ones are gone.

The game could definitely be done better. Weapons degrade way too quickly (and for some of them, it's like "WTF?", eg a lead pipe breaking?), the characters are terrible (seems to be on purpose - the mohawk, tribal tattoo, Texan d-bag has a skill tree that makes drinking alcohol beneficial. It's more Borderlands than Fallout.

Hoping Valve takes notes from this game for the next Left 4 Dead.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Lot's of news today, apparently. The Battlefield 3 open beta is supposedly dated to start September 29th for all platforms. I'm defiantly in for that. I'll probably give it a shot on both consoles to see which one runs it the best. Early word was that the PS3 version would be a bit better, but things might have changed by then.

Fall is starting to become very crowded haha. I've got Dark Souls and RAGE like three days after that beta starts.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-09-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Yeah, Reckoning looks better and better everytime I see something new from it.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Lot's of news today, apparently. The Battlefield 3 open beta is supposedly dated to start September 29th for all platforms. I'm defiantly in for that. I'll probably give it a shot on both consoles to see which one runs it the best. Early word was that the PS3 version would be a bit better, but things might have changed by then.

Fall is starting to become very crowded haha. I've got Dark Souls and RAGE like three days after that beta starts.
I pre-ordered it on the PC so I'm hoping I get in early. WOO! Can't wait for a little BF3 action. I'm gonna destroy soooo many buildings with the new Frostbite 2 engine.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Yeah, Reckoning looks better and better everytime I see something new from it.
I agree that the art style is kind of weird for me...but it's probably going to be a major hit. I havent preorderd it yet, but I'll more than likely do so, the closer we get.

As for Crysis, it's cool that they're putting it on consoles. But meh, I thought Crysis 2 was so boring.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-09-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I agree that the art style is kind of weird for me...but it's probably going to be a major hit. I havent preorderd it yet, but I'll more than likely do so, the closer we get.

As for Crysis, it's cool that they're putting it on consoles. But meh, I thought Crysis 2 was so boring.
Crysis 1 is even more boring. Both games were made solely to test the bounds of Direct X 10 and show off the CryEngine.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, I'm done with Crysis games, as pretty as they may be.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-09-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I thought the first Crysis was much better than the second. The first one was less restrictive and more open. It still can be wicked easy if you use stealth mode a lot to get around.

I mean, I wouldn't call the original a superb game, but I thought the story and general plot was far less stupid and pointless. Albeit there still wasn't much to go on in that area.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The stories dont even compare imo, though. Ninja Gaidan was just boring to me.
I would never take a good story in a video game over good gameplay. If i want to watch a movie I'll watch a movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote