Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-08-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Pick 1, non ppr

M Ingram @ GB
A Collie @ Hou
D Amendola v Phi
J Ford @ Den
Z Miller @ SF
G Little v Cin
i kind of like jacoby ford against denver. i believe he's listed as one of the teams starting receivers. it's also denver. if he can get enough touches i can definitely see him breaking a big play
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob S... whats up.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Rob S... whats up.
Good call, man. Glad I started him. I'm hoping for another bomb to close this out.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im having trouble deciding who to start on my flex spot in a head to head league. I can start either Jahvid Best, PLaxico Burress, or Maclin. Any advice? I could also go with Julio Jones, and Reggie Bush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rob, start Jordyz. It's ******* Jordyz. And look at his #s from the past games he's played. Plus he's against Roman Harper potentially in the slot.

Guys
Zach Miller @ SF (No Rice could mean a ******** of targets)
Jared Cook @ JAC (#2 on the depth chart but #1 in Hass' heart?)
Marcedes Lewis vs TEN (believe me I never like taking a non-elite player off a 10-TD year but he was the best TE there in like the 14th round)
PUNT!

Cook, I guess. He's the highest upside with the best QB situation. Having CJ out so long should keep the Titans away from crazy run-heavy playcalling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Pick 1, non ppr

M Ingram @ GB
A Collie @ Hou
D Amendola v Phi
J Ford @ Den
Z Miller @ SF
G Little v Cin
Bleh. Even w/o prr, I'd probably still go with Amendola.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Was offered Gronkowski for Zach Miller, Take it?

As for you fenikz, I may lean the best player there, which in my opinion, is Miller.
No. At least with Gronk you know you'll get red zone looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Im having trouble deciding who to start on my flex spot in a head to head league. I can start either Jahvid Best, PLaxico Burress, or Maclin. Any advice? I could also go with Julio Jones, and Reggie Bush.
Best. It's not even close.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Cutler vs Atlanta or Big Ben vs Baltimore?

Also, any news on Arian Foster? If hes out I gotta play Ryan Matthews vs Min
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will take you at your word my fellow pats fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rob, start Jordyz. It's ******* Jordyz. And look at his #s from the past games he's played. Plus he's against Roman Harper potentially in the slot.

Guys
Zach Miller @ SF (No Rice could mean a ******** of targets)
Jared Cook @ JAC (#2 on the depth chart but #1 in Hass' heart?)Marcedes Lewis vs TEN (believe me I never like taking a non-elite player off a 10-TD year but he was the best TE there in like the 14th round)
I wouldn't even concern yourself with that...If I was a betting man I would say Cookie is going the lead the Titans in receptions. Even when Craig Stevens is in the game they line Jared out at WR or the slot. Believe me, he isn't going to lose snaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am liking Cook this week, but I also like Kendricks. Tough call.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put your faith in Jordyzzz and you shall reap the rewardzzz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All other Ingram owners... line up for your spanking.

At least I drafted Starks also...

- Ko Simpson
Old 09-09-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All other Ingram owners... line up for your spanking.

At least I drafted Starks also...
The hype train was rolling pretty hard on Ingram. I don't get it. He's good, but that offense & system is not a good situation for FF RBs. Starks will probably outscore him this year. Basically, they have similar situations but Green Bay has one less mouth to feed in their backfield. Yet Starks was on the board 5+ rounds later.

Starks is on my bench. :(

I figured he'd take a few games to make it obvious Grant needs to be the backup. Hopefully the Packers don't play the 'veteran respect' game and give Grant more carries than he should get. On the plus side, if he takes off well enough and Benson does well, I'll have a ton of fire power to upgrade my WR spot in that league w/Forte / SJax / Addai / Benson / Starks on my roster.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The real question is should I trade Colt McCoy and Stevie Johnson for Miles Austin? Austin is injured and Dezzy is coming to steal touches, but he's still a bona fide #1 and Johnson has HUGE risk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona D or Jets D? I have the Jets D, but with the Cards playing Carolina, I might want to make the switch.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
The real question is should I trade Colt McCoy and Stevie Johnson for Miles Austin? Austin is injured and Dezzy is coming to steal touches, but he's still a bona fide #1 and Johnson has HUGE risk.
I do that as long as its 12 teams or under. McCoy is pretty much a throwaway and can be replaced via waivers easily. The question is pretty much would you rather have Miles or Stevie.....I want Miles.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fourteen team league, I waited too long on a TE and on top of that a bunch of guys took backups which I didn't see coming because it's a shallow bench. Long story short, I've got no solid option. Thoughts on relatively deep sleepers who have some upside this week? I'm thinking Jermaine Gresham or Evan Moore.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would hardly say it's time to take a spanking for ingram. bj raji played out of his mind last night and the saints offensive line was garbage. not to mention they started out down and never really had an opportunity to get the run game going. i look at it like this; ingram got the most carries of any saints back (13), and probably would have approached 20 if they didn't have their backs against the wall starting at the first quarter. they also gave him the only goalline carry of the game. although he didn't convert (once again, largely the fault of the offensive line), he was a couple of inches from scoring double digits against one of the toughest defenses in the nfl. honestly a lot of positive signs going forward. i can see him having a lot of good games against teams with weaker defensive lines, just make sure you have someone to swap him with if they play a good defense. i definitely will be playing a different rb next week, since he faces the bears.

look at his weeks 3-9, though:
vs HOU, @ JAX, @ CAR, @ TB, vs IND, @ STL, vs TB
a lot of potential in those matchups.

EDIT:

also, pick one for my flex (ppr)
mike thomas vs ten
dez briscoe vs det
mohammed massoquoi vs cin
michael jenkins vs sd

i have thomas in right now, but luke mccown at qb concerns me. i'm kind of leaning toward swapping him with briscoe, but it might be a little to early to start him, even though he is running as the bucs' #2 this week.

Last edited by sbh15 : 09-09-2011 at 07:18 PM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

SBH you are right about Ingram - I was just pissed off and poking fun. Last night was the WORST CASE SCENARIO for him and he still got 13 touches and two opportunities inside the ten.

APS - don't trade for Austin. Trade for someone else. Austin will be the 3rd option behind Romo's bff and Dez.

Hines - Arizona. They have playmaking guys who can pick or scoop and score.

My turn: What is stopping me from starting Ben Tate over Addai or DeAngelo this week? Kubiak says he'll go with the hot hand (which will be Tate). I think he could go for 120 and 2 TDs against Indy... why the hell not?

- Ko Simpson
Old 09-09-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on my NFLDC PPR team?

QB: Matt Ryan / Kevin Kolb

RB: Felix Jones / BenJarvus Green-Ellis / Mike Tolbert / Jonathan Stewart

WR: Andre Johnson / Larry Fitzgerald / Miles Austin / Jordy Nelson / Jacoby Ford / Robert Meachem

TE: Owen Daniels

K: Neil Rackers

DST: Green Bay
Old 09-09-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Any thoughts on my NFLDC PPR team?

QB: Matt Ryan / Kevin Kolb

RB: Felix Jones / BenJarvus Green-Ellis / Mike Tolbert / Jonathan Stewart

WR: Andre Johnson / Larry Fitzgerald / Miles Austin / Jordy Nelson / Jacoby Ford / Robert Meachem

TE: Owen Daniels

K: Neil Rackers

DST: Green Bay
Trade Austin for a RB or Austin + BJGE/Tolbert for a RB and your team will be AMAZING.

- Ko Simpson
Old 09-09-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
SBH you are right about Ingram - I was just pissed off and poking fun. Last night was the WORST CASE SCENARIO for him and he still got 13 touches and two opportunities inside the ten.

APS - don't trade for Austin. Trade for someone else. Austin will be the 3rd option behind Romo's bff and Dez.

Hines - Arizona. They have playmaking guys who can pick or scoop and score.

My turn: What is stopping me from starting Ben Tate over Addai or DeAngelo this week? Kubiak says he'll go with the hot hand (which will be Tate). I think he could go for 120 and 2 TDs against Indy... why the hell not?
If Foster is out I would play Tate.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Also just want to point out a few things about James Starks:

1 - he must have gotten about 80% of the snaps, including pretty much all the shotgun snaps. He wasn't terrible in pass pro either.

2 - McCarthy said after the game that he though Starks should have gotten more attempts.

3 - Rodgers declined to throw to Starks A LOT - but in the 3rd preseason games he caught 5 passes. 40 catches isn't out of the question this year.

4 - On the Jordyz TD, Starks was open for a split second in the front of the end zone but the zone defender saw Rodgers' eyes and being the player he is - Rodgers quickly progressed to Jordyz, who was open because of that zone defender's break on Starks. Point is, Starks was thisclose to a receiving TD also.

Quick negative nancy thinking: Did Ryan Grant not play much because they are trying to ease him back in? Will they give him more and more snaps going forward?

Logical reaction with a hint of my bias: Starks still looked 20 times better than Grant and McCarthy's not stupid - he'll play the right back more.

- Ko Simpson
Old 09-10-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also just want to point out a few things about James Starks:

1 - he must have gotten about 80% of the snaps, including pretty much all the shotgun snaps. He wasn't terrible in pass pro either.

2 - McCarthy said after the game that he though Starks should have gotten more attempts.

3 - Rodgers declined to throw to Starks A LOT - but in the 3rd preseason games he caught 5 passes. 40 catches isn't out of the question this year.

4 - On the Jordyz TD, Starks was open for a split second in the front of the end zone but the zone defender saw Rodgers' eyes and being the player he is - Rodgers quickly progressed to Jordyz, who was open because of that zone defender's break on Starks. Point is, Starks was thisclose to a receiving TD also.

Quick negative nancy thinking: Did Ryan Grant not play much because they are trying to ease him back in? Will they give him more and more snaps going forward?

Logical reaction with a hint of my bias: Starks still looked 20 times better than Grant and McCarthy's not stupid - he'll play the right back more.
Wasn't studying the game or anything but I distinctly remember at least 2 times when Starks blew his blocking assignment and killed the plays. Actually thought Grant looked better than he had been looking in the preseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm proposing a non-handcuffed Foster owner Derrick Ward for Starks right now.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

So, assuming Foster is out, pick one to replace him:

Ben Tate vs IND
Fred Jackson @ KC
Mike Tolbert vs MIN
Austin Collie @ HOU