Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
That changes absolutely nothing. He's going to get paid. A lot.
He'll be 29 when his contract is up. If someone pays him anything of note, it won't be the Chiefs.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He'll be 29 when his contract is up. If someone pays him anything of note, it won't be the Chiefs.
Didn't he sign a 5 year deal? Making him 28, only two years older than Peterson. I could be wrong. Not to mention if he continues his production he's not going to finish that deal.

I really don't care though, the guaranteed money isn't that much more than CJ's deal.

Last edited by yo123 : 09-10-2011 at 05:52 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
He is not playing on his rookie deal now. Cute.
Peterson's contract bonus is worth Charles' entire contract. If he has two more years like last year, I can imagine he'll imagine he will want a new deal. I don't know much about his personality though, so I'm not sure if he's some greedy hood rat like Chris Johnson.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's too likely that Jamaal is going to want to continue playing on a 6 year 27.97 million dollar deal... That is if continues his current production, and solidifies his status as one of the truly elite RBs in the NFL

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 09-10-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Peterson's contract bonus is worth Charles' entire contract. If he has two more years like last year, I can imagine he'll imagine he will want a new deal. I don't know much about his personality though, so I'm not sure if he's some greedy hood rat like Chris Johnson.

Urban Dictionary:
Quote:
HoodRat definition.
A ghetto female from the hood who is trashy, and sleeps with all homies to get whatever she needs.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Peterson's contract bonus is worth Charles' entire contract. If he has two more years like last year, I can imagine he'll imagine he will want a new deal.
I don't disagree with any of that.

That said if he wants a deal like Peterson just got it will have to be with another team.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they don't give him the cash, some other team will. The man is worth some good cash, especially for a team that relies on him so much. Its not like he is going to finish that deal or get all that money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not saying Peterson is worth that much money. I'm sure it's heavily backloaded. Does he deserve to be the highest paid RB? Definately. But at that price, no.

I do find it funny though that Chris Johnson cried about a new contract when the organization told CJ2K that they would give him a deal if he didn't hold out.

Adrain Peterson didn't hold out and he got paid. It's all about character and leadership and class. Chris Johnson, doesn't have that attitude. He's a "Me First" type of player.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Not saying Peterson is worth that much money. I'm sure it's heavily backloaded. Does he deserve to be the highest paid RB? Definately. But at that price, no.

I do find it funny though that Chris Johnson cried about a new contract when the organization told CJ2K that they would give him a deal if he didn't hold out.

Adrain Peterson didn't hold out and he got paid. It's all about character and leadership and class. Chris Johnson, doesn't have that attitude. He's a "Me First" type of player.
To be fair I think most NFL players would have held out aswell, if they were put the in same situation as Chris Johnson.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
To be fair I think most NFL players would have held out aswell, if they were put the in same situation as Chris Johnson.
I'm pretty sure he would have gotten his money if he didn't hold out, and a lot sooner too.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I'm pretty sure he would have gotten his money if he didn't hold out, and a lot sooner too.
That could be true, but I can't blame him for holding out.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD was the highest paid RB already and Chris Johnson was the 32nd highest paid RB, there is a big difference.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
AD was the highest paid RB already and Chris Johnson was the 32nd highest paid RB, there is a big difference.
I highly doubt it was that low. I mean, he was a 1st round selection, meaning he's paid more than guys like Lagarrett Blount and Arian Foster, two guys who were UDFAs who don't have new contracts.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laugh as much as you want, but we just locked up the best RB in the league for 36 mil in guarantees. Doesn't sound like too bad of a deal to me.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't value running backs much either. Even great ones. With a hard cap, paying one tons of money would not be wise. However, Adrian Peterson is not a great running back. He's beyond great. He's beyond a running back. He's arguably the best non-QB in the entire league. CJ2K's contract deserves to be laughed at much more than this one. I never thought any back was close to Peterson in terms of talent, even when CJ did 2K.

And the Vikings had to do this. There was no alternative. What are they gonna do - let him test the market? lol

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Laugh as much as you want, but we just locked up the best RB in the league for 36 mil in guarantees. Doesn't sound like too bad of a deal to me.
You just locked up the best running back of this generation. From a standpoint of pure physical talent - I'm not sure there are 3 or 4 backs in history you can even say in the same sentence as him...

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:48 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD is special, but CJ is severely, or somewhat underrated. Chris Johnson is one tough smallish RB and is arguably the fastest player in the league.

If the Titans had a legit passing game, his numbers would be untouchable.
Chris can do things after a handoff that I doubt AD can.
I'll rate the guy with the 2K season under his belt a little higher than the perfect specimen at RB.

That said, I think the Vikings had no choice but to lock up their most valuable player, even if he does play RB.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
AD is special, but CJ is severely, or somewhat underrated. Chris Johnson is one tough smallish RB and is arguably the fastest player in the league.

If the Titans had a legit passing game, his numbers would be untouchable.
Chris can do things after a handoff that I doubt AD can.
I'll rate the guy with the 2K season under his belt a little higher than the perfect specimen at RB.

That said, I think the Vikings had no choice but to lock up their most valuable player, even if he does play RB.
Not taking away from Chris Johnson's accomplishments and abilities, but Adrian Peterson is by far the best RB in the league and possibly in this generation. He's just a beast with 4.4 speed that will run people over.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Good thing Chris Johnson signed before AD, I remember a bunch of people on this forum giving the titans flack for signing CJ to his deal, what do you guys thinks of Vikings and AD deal?
He's so overpaid...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote