Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-16-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nova isn't as good as some of his numbers indicate but he's a hell of a lot better than the rest of them.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about that. Who would you take him over?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't know about that. Who would you take him over?

I meant a lot better than the rest of the Yankees starters. You're right though ideally he's not your #2 guy in a playoff series.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've got injured trending downward anyway Josh Beckett and pray.

But yeah. We'll probably get through it, but the team has picked a really bad time to start playing like crap.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

But yeah. We'll probably get through it, but the team has picked a really bad time to start playing like crap.
Jon Lester?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I meant a lot better than the rest of the Yankees starters. You're right though ideally he's not your #2 guy in a playoff series.
My mistake. Like Brodeur said there really aren't any ideal #2's besides Beckett but the Yanks still have the worst of the bunch.

sig by BoneKrusher
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting to see what the D'Backs do this off season ML roster is currently around 65 mil(with Marquis on it), hopefully extensions for Montero & Kennedy and we resign Hill. But I expect that still gives us 15 mil to play with.

I'd love to replace Young in CF, he is amazing on defense but it's just so annoying to watch him at bat just trying for a HR every time. I'm a big A.J. Pollock fan and hope he gets a chance in spring training would be an actual lead off hitter, 1st since Womack. Could even move Parra there and get a bat in LF thought there isn't one I like on the market.

Would love Pujols or Fielder obviously if we could get one of them we could ship out Goldschmidt for a another reliever. Not very likely but there is a chance.

And depending on how Parker, Bauer & Skaggs do 2 of the 3 could make the rotation replacing Collmenter & Miley.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
yo123
Legend

Quote:

Lester????
Old 09-16-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

Lester????

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Hey EE I think you forgot Jon Lester.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lester too. I'm just flipping out a little bit, sorry. Avilezzzzzzzzz.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
It will be interesting to see what the D'Backs do this off season ML roster is currently around 65 mil(with Marquis on it), hopefully extensions for Montero & Kennedy and we resign Hill. But I expect that still gives us 15 mil to play with.

I'd love to replace Young in CF, he is amazing on defense but it's just so annoying to watch him at bat just trying for a HR every time. I'm a big A.J. Pollock fan and hope he gets a chance in spring training would be an actual lead off hitter, 1st since Womack. Could even move Parra there and get a bat in LF thought there isn't one I like on the market.

Would love Pujols or Fielder obviously if we could get one of them we could ship out Goldschmidt for a another reliever. Not very likely but there is a chance.

And depending on how Parker, Bauer & Skaggs do 2 of the 3 could make the rotation replacing Collmenter & Miley.
I'd let Hill walk and find a better replacement somewhere else. I'd also give Kennedy and Hudson 1 more year before you start talking extension.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My mistake. Like Brodeur said there really aren't any ideal #2's besides Beckett but the Yanks still have the worst of the bunch.
Fister has been an ideal 2 since becoming a Tiger and changing his breaking stuff a little bit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-16-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

The Twins have tried throwing soft tossers like Fister against the big payroll teams forever and it never works.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Fister has been an ideal 2 since becoming a Tiger and changing his breaking stuff a little bit.
I like him but he still scares me come playoff time. We'll see how he does come October. I'd say he is the best #2 after Beckett though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
The Twins have tried throwing soft tossers like Fister against the big payroll teams forever and it never works.
Fister is a lot better than your horrible soft tossers. He's sort of like a better Brad Radke.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-16-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd let Hill walk and find a better replacement somewhere else. I'd also give Kennedy and Hudson 1 more year before you start talking extension.
Unless Hudson is a super 2 he still has another year left before arbitration so I don't see his extension coming for a couple years.

and Hill is the best 2b on the market would suck if he left

Old 09-16-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Fister is a lot better than your horrible soft tossers. He's sort of like a better Brad Radke.

Not really. He really isn't any better than say, Scott Baker. Not that they're similar pitchers really but I think you're overrating him a little here. I think your best chance is 2 Verlander wins and destroying the Yankees terrible back end of their rotation. Which I do think is more possible than some people seem to believe.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Unless Hudson is a super 2 he still has another year left before arbitration so I don't see his extension coming for a couple years.

and Hill is the best 2b on the market would suck if he left
I don't know who else is on the market but you'd be better off saving your money. Hill is not good at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The Tigers will have the best hitter and best pitcher in the series so as far as I'm concerned anything can happen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

We should really rethink this whole Big Game James thing for James Shields.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-16-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Mets are taking it to the Braves right now. Cards can be 3.5 out with a win.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

lol please do that Cardinals, i dont want the phillies in the 1st

Old 09-16-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

They should get rid of that rule. Who cares if divisional opponents play each other in the first round? Best team plays worst team and that's it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
mau5
Rookie

mau5 could make a wolverine purr.mau5 could make a wolverine purr.mau5 could make a wolverine purr.mau5 could make a wolverine purr.mau5 could make a wolverine purr.mau5 could make a wolverine purr.mau5 could make a wolverine purr.mau5 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
There is a zero percent chance that the D-backs sign Pujols or Fielder. I mean....absolutely ******* zero.
mau5 is offline   Reply With Quote