Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-12-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Play Stanzi the rest of the year :)
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Eric Berry is out for the year according to NFLN. Torn ACL
Was the sound I just heard BOE's head exploding?

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Was the sound I just heard BOE's head exploding?
It was probably Chiefs fans everywhere collectively chanting the word Luck over and over.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It was probably Chiefs fans everywhere collectively chanting the word Luck over and over.
Or they could just hire Charlie Weis to replace Haley and get Cassel back on track. :)

Old 09-12-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck gonna look real nice in a Chiefs uniform.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Or they could just hire Charlie Weis to replace Haley and get Cassel back on track. :)
Weis was not as great as you (or most people) think. Besides, would YOU pass on Andrew Luck #1 overall even if you had Cassel? And would you really want Charlie Weis as a HC? It worked wonders for Notre Dame.

And what is the rule? You don't pass on a franchise QB if you don't have one, and a lot of people don't believe Cassel is that guy. If he's not, you have to take Luck.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Weis was not as great as you (or most people) think. Besides, would YOU pass on Andrew Luck #1 overall even if you had Cassel? And would you really want Charlie Weis as a HC? It worked wonders for Notre Dame.

And what is the rule? You don't pass on a franchise QB if you don't have one, and a lot of people don't believe Cassel is that guy. If he's not, you have to take Luck.
All I know is that quarterbacks seem to be great under Weis but with the exception of Tom Brady struggle without him. If I ran an NFL team and had a young signal caller I'd basically give Weis a blank check to be my quarterback coach.

I agree though, no way could the Chiefs pass on Luck. In fact, in my opinion there are probably only about a half dozen teams that wouldn't at the very least strongly consider Luck.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, we went from AFC West Champs in 2010 to talk of drafting Luck in 2012. what a complete 180. from the dregs of 2007-09 (10 combined wins) to the absolute mountain top (in comparison a Home Playoff game) all the way back down to possibly having the #1 overall pick because of a disastrous start to the 2011 season. i don't know that i can handle this ride. i'm getting nauseous even talking about it.

don't get me wrong. if Luck is there, he has to be the pick.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside of 3rd downs Weis did a outstanding job last year making Cassel look a hell of alot better than he really is.

I'm not saying Cassel is awful he is a solid starting QB at times but he isn't the 27 TD's to 7 int's we saw last year.

I don't know why it's so bad to admit the Chiefs miss Weis when they clearly do.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Houston was promoted to starting OLB over Studebaker, who is now second on the depth chart.

That didn't take long.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Outside of 3rd downs Weis did a outstanding job last year making Cassel look a hell of alot better than he really is.

I'm not saying Cassel is awful he is a solid starting QB at times but he isn't the 27 TD's to 7 int's we saw last year.

I don't know why it's so bad to admit the Chiefs miss Weis when they clearly do.
They miss a consistent situation with offensive playcalling... Weis does a great job playing it safe, but Haley likes a more vertical attack which is why they really couldn't work together. Unfortunately, the Chiefs don't have the receivers to have much of a vertical attack right now.

Cassel made himself look good by taking care of the football. Something he's just good at. He gets in trouble for it at times by holding onto the ball too long, but that's also a product of just not having options in the receiving game. This team was really relying on Jonathan Baldwin to be healthy because they have zero depth behind the B's.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs sign Brandon Flowers long term
Old 09-17-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Chiefs sign Brandon Flowers long term
i'm glad they have locked up most of their good young players to long term deals. DJ, Hali, Flowers and Charles. last year we saw how well they can play together. this is good for the long term success of this team.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

What do you guys think of Pioli? I think he has done a FANTASTIC job but I read on two different sites that there are some fans that think he has done a terrible job as our GM.

I don't get it. I understand the 09 draft was pretty bad, but these last two drafts have been phenomenal imo.

What do you guys think?

Old 09-18-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still love Pioli but feel everyone else should be doing some sweating over their job including Romeo Crennel.

I mean yes the core of the Chiefs team are players Herm Edwards drafted but Pioli has done a great job locking these young guys up long term.

If the Chiefs keeping playing like they have been I could see a cleaning of the house but Pioli would/should stay.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am crying.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What do you guys think of Pioli? I think he has done a FANTASTIC job but I read on two different sites that there are some fans that think he has done a terrible job as our GM.

I don't get it. I understand the 09 draft was pretty bad, but these last two drafts have been phenomenal imo.

What do you guys think?
Those are idiots that are listening to Nick Wright's ********. The radio people really need to calm the **** down. They're out of control and there's no one standing strong as the voice of reason. They're like the local news when there's a snow storm coming.

Pioli's done a great job building up the roster for long-term success. It takes awhile to build quality depth the right way, and that's part of why they're struggling with injuries right now. If they can keep their core group together, they're really just an off-season away from getting the depth they need and the team will start looking a lot better.

As for the team...

QB is fine.

RB is mostly fine. I'd like to see another young guy not named McCluster behind Jones & McClain.

WR lacks depth. Baldwin, Bowe, and Breaston is a nice group of starters. They need three more guys who can play at a high level.

TE lacks depth. Moeaki and Pope is a good duo when Tony isn't injured, but that's rare. They shouldn't be relying on his health.

OT is fine. Especially if Gaither can take over soon.

OG is great at the top. They need a backup.

OC is fine.

The OL overall is looking really good outside of backup G. I think Pioli did a great job building an OL that can stay together for a long stretch and build something together.

DL needs more competition, but has a lot of potential with Dorsey, Gilberry, Bailey, Powe, and Jackson.

LB needs more depth inside, but the OLBs are looking like a strong group.

CB needs depth behind Carr & Flowers. They need someone that can push Arenas for the nickel job and make Brown compete for the 4th spot, too. One more quality corner for the Chiefs, and I really like that group.

S is OK with a healthy Berry. Piscitelli is solid and McGraw brings valuable experience.

The team really just lacks quality playcalling on offense and receivers that can get open and make receptions reliably.

Romeo's job shouldn't be in jeopardy. There's only so much you can do when the offense puts you on the field so much... Not to say the defense couldn't play better, but it's tough to judge them when the offense screwed them over so bad the last two weeks.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

It wasn't Cassel that he made look good, necessarily. It was more the crap he had to work with.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I agree with almost every point you made except the QB position being fine. I was the biggest Cassel supporter but I just can't do it anymore. And even if you believe Cassel is still the long term answer, we have no experience behind him if he were to get seriously injured.

I honestly believe we need to draft and develop our own QB. Cassel can start this year, and half of next year, and then you put the young guy in. I just hope it's Luck.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

That's what they drafted Stanzi for... To develop their own guy. That's why they have Palko... He's Haley's guy. A new QB isn't going to do **** for the offense. They need to fix the play design and play calling strategy.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:43 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We don't have a starting caliber QB on this roster, period. Cassel is playing himself out of the job and you're nuts if you think Stanzi or Palko are the answer.

If we're picking high we're taking Luck and not looking back. No sane person can argue this.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:53 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
We don't have a starting caliber QB on this roster, period. Cassel is playing himself out of the job and you're nuts if you think Stanzi or Palko are the answer.

If we're picking high we're taking Luck and not looking back. No sane person can argue this.
I'm not arguing that they'd take Luck if they had the #1 pick, but they're not going to have the #1 pick because they're not nearly as bad as the scores they've put up the first two games.

Cassel didn't do anything to show he isn't a starting QB today. Week 1...everyone sucked. Week 2 I'm pinning on the offensive coaching almost entirely (granted...injuries help).
Old 09-19-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

McCluster is the best RB on the team now.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm not arguing that they'd take Luck if they had the #1 pick, but they're not going to have the #1 pick because they're not nearly as bad as the scores they've put up the first two games.

Cassel didn't do anything to show he isn't a starting QB today. Week 1...everyone sucked. Week 2 I'm pinning on the offensive coaching almost entirely (granted...injuries help).
Three picks and a fumble don't show you someone isn't a starting caliber QB?

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one, but I'll leave you with this: sometimes it isn't JUST on the coaches and players have to take accountability too. That is where we are right now. Stop blaming it just on the offensive game plan.

Last edited by vidae : 09-19-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Two of the picks were on the receivers and would have been great throws if they made the play they were supposed to make. The other was in garbage time.

I'm not totally blaming the coaches. I'm also blaming the lack of talent at wr. They don't make up for any mistakes.