Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 09-18-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Matt is what is holding the team back IMO.
Yes and no. He made alot of bad throws and poor decisions, but at least he didnt pout and give up like Cutler would. Im not sure many QBs would be doing too well this year with our horrid O-line. They have been manhandled by just the front 4 in the first 2 weeks, and thats just unacceptable.

On the last 2 scoring drives Matt looked pretty good.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really now? You know, I thought of that scenario midway through the game as well. After the Chicago game and after taking a beating without making plays partway through the Iggles game, a flash occurred to me that maybe Matt Ryan just doesn't have the physical tools to make those needle-threaded lasers to make big plays like A-Rod, Brees, Brady, or Manning. But by the 4th quarter rolled around, my confidence rose. Time and time again, Ryan has proved his mental and physical toughness in the 4th Q and I wasn't about to start doubting him now. And I am damn glad I didn't start right then.

Ryan is never going to have gawdy statistics like Brees and A-Rod, at least, not yet in his career. But damn, he will make sure he and his team show up to play their guts out in the 4th Q.

What a win. Think about the jarring and illegal hit that Dunta Robinson lay on Maclin...anyone think that Maclin got the jitters going over the middle like that and getting demolished again? After a sub-par performance the whole game, he really stepped up and set the tone for the defense and got into Maclin's head. Props.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Last edited by d34ng3l021 : 09-19-2011 at 02:16 AM.
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great Game. Ray Edwards would have scored on that fumble recovery if Spoon just followed behind him. That pissed me off.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Bob Bratkowski is holding Matt Ryan back.....
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or has dunta robinson not been good at all since we signed him?..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt lacks some physical tools but what's more concerning IMO is that he still makes some boneheaded throws that a fourth year player not make. His accuracy is also very off at times.

I just don't see him as having improved very much during his tenure here, which is disappointing.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalconsFan View Post
Bob Bratkowski is holding Matt Ryan back.....

If it's anyone, it'd be Mularkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
Is it just me or has dunta robinson not been good at all since we signed him?..
He was good last year. He hasn't gotten off to a good start this year. Not much to say really. He's a pretty good player who we vastly overpaid.

Quote:
Matt lacks some physical tools but what's more concerning IMO is that he still makes some boneheaded throws that a fourth year player not make. His accuracy is also very off at times.

I just don't see him as having improved very much during his tenure here, which is disappointing.

This is all true. I do think he's grown, but not what you'd expect after his amazing start. At this point, I'm just not sure if he'll ever break out of that 8-12th best QB in the league spot he's in now. Can he? Certainly, but I'm just growing less confident in that happening.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i missed the game last night thinking we were gonna get slaughtered. best tasting crow ever. it was ugly but a w is a w..

anyways, i came here to post this. anyone see this live??

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Great Game. Ray Edwards would have scored on that fumble recovery if Spoon just followed behind him. That pissed me off.
He did. It's a lot to ask him to flip his hips and make a block on DJax while he's at top spped though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
i missed the game last night thinking we were gonna get slaughtered. best tasting crow ever. it was ugly but a w is a w..

anyways, i came here to post this. anyone see this live??

If only he could do this in the game. He's looked pretty below par so far.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edwards should have just stiff-armed DeSean. Would have been purty easy had he been looking behind him.

Jones will be very, very good. Soon, too. The passing game just isn't clicking despite any numbers.

Need to throw a lot of quick hitters to our receivers to get them in space. Especially Julio. That's where he is best right now. Get him in space and let him work. That and deep shots.

Roddy is clearly the top receiver on the team, though.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Oh I haven't lost faith in Julio yet, not in the slightest. I just expected a much faster start from him. And I kind of demand it considering how much we gave up (not his fault).

And unfortunately Mularkey doesn't seem to believe in quick hitting plays.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Also, Ray Edwards has been as productive as Jamaal Anderson when it comes to rushing the passer thus far.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, UGA/Falcon fan here. Just discovered this sub-forum. I will say Ray Edwards did have a couple nice tackles behind the line of scrimmage. As far as getting pressure on Vick, didn't notice him really at all.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:36 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent noticed Edwards period this season when it comes to rushing. Jerry is a nice bright spot though.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:02 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Ray's been a fine run defender, but he's just given us nothing in the pass rushing department. I didn't expect him to suddenly be great there, but I always thought he was pretty good. Certainly better than this. Time to step it up.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Eh, with the knee injury I won't make too sudden of a judgement.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh, with the knee injury I won't make too sudden of a judgement.
Pass rushing against Vick is also something you have to be very careful of - I am sure BVG emphasized containment during the weekly gameplan and made sure the defense didn't overpursue.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Pass rushing against Vick is also something you have to be very careful of - I am sure BVG emphasized containment during the weekly gameplan and made sure the defense didn't overpursue.
He also got manhandled by the Bears. I agree, way to early to make any calls on him and Julio, but they haven't looked good.

Spoon outside of that one egregious tackle attempt has looked very good though. And Peria Jerry has looked pretty good himself.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vance Walker has done a swell job as well from what I've seen. Baker needs to go, he's trying but no way is he an NFL caliber LT.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Eh, Baker still has a spot on the team. He's just not a caliber LT.

The concerns scouts raised on him his senior year were valid. If you remember, prior to his senior year he was ranked alongside Jake Long as a probable top-five draft pick.

JAbe says Long has had problems too, though =D

Old 09-21-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Any word on when Todd McClure will be back in the starting line up?
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Also, Ray Edwards has been as productive as Jamaal Anderson when it comes to rushing the passer thus far.
wrong. Edwards has 4 pressures, even though they aren't sacks they still count... Jamaal the last season had 4 pressures... in almost 5 times as many plays

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalconsFan View Post
Any word on when Todd McClure will be back in the starting line up?
should be this week. getting him back will be huge. It's easier having 1 first year starter than 2 on the OL. McClure also has better blitz pickup and line calls than Hawley does.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
wrong. Edwards has 4 pressures, even though they aren't sacks they still count... Jamaal the last season had 4 pressures... in almost 5 times as many plays

Define pressure sir. Just because PFF or whoever says it, doesn't make it true.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Define pressure sir. Just because PFF or whoever says it, doesn't make it true.
knowing pff they will count him getting schooled by Vick a pressure since Vick technically left the pocket and ran for a first down.