Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-13-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duke Johnson had 153 yards and 2 TDs on the ground as well as a KR for a TD against Northwestern. Highlights from the game.

Herbert Waters had 3 catches for 67 yards and a TD.

Preston Dewey was 9/12 for 193 yards and 4 TDs.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thin we can beat Ohio State as long as auserman plays the entire game. He is awful. Add that to the fact that we are getting a few key players back this week and we are home, I think we win the game.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I thin we can beat Ohio State as long as auserman plays the entire game. He is awful. Add that to the fact that we are getting a few key players back this week and we are home, I think we win the game.
I thin auserman is otten as wel. :)
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should probably type a little slower, haha.

Anyways, what do you think of the game?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-14-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I should probably type a little slower, haha.

Anyways, what do you think of the game?
It will likely be close and sloppy. I expect a bunch of boring series by both offenses with a couple of huge plays on broken defenses.

I think you guys have the edge due to it being a home game and having a slightly better QB if OSU insists on playing Baus the whole game. Not that I think Braxton Miller is all that yet, but he can at least run when he doesn't see an open receiver.

Regardless, going into the season, I thought the defense would be stout, but after watching the Toledo game, I'm questioning that. The OSU LB corp is very weak right now. That's the biggest issue. The DL is very good, and the DBs are inexperienced but very talented. But Miami can exploit the LBs.

On the other side of the ball, I think you guys will put a ton of pressure on whomever is QB, playing man on the WRs and stacking the box. Bauserman is conservative and is captain instant checkdown. Panics a bit quick.

OSU's WRs are young and mostly inexperienced. But there are some good ones and some blazers. If the QB (whichever one) can chuck the ball on some deep routes, those kids will get open and should catch it. Also, the TE Stoneburner is a stud and is Baus's favorite target. He's a matchup nightmare as he's tall, big, and fast (former WR).

On the RB front, we will finally see the 2nd string RB as injuries and suspensions (god these kids are idiots) relegated OSU to playing the 4th and 5th string RBs the first two games. We may even get the 3rd string RB back.

The 2nd stringer is Hall. Think a poor man's Percy Harvin. Definitely not as fast, but he is quick, slippery, and is good at finding holes. A bit small however. The 3rd stringer is Berry, and he will end up being a good one. He may only return kicks this week, he is getting over a hammy. I'm thinking his pass blocking is subpar right now, so he might not see much action. Hyde is the 4th stringer, big and fast bruiser. However, he doesn't see his holes so much. Like at all. 5th string is Rod Smith. Think Eddie George with lost fumbles every 5 carries and not very good vision.

Oh, the offensive line is pretty good. Left side is very good, the right side is ok.

The playcalling is vanilla and mediocre. I formation, hardly any shifting, some spread.

Sorry this is long, but I figured I'd let you know my thoughts.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Big win for us. The whole program and school really needed that one.

Lamar Miller is incredible. I can't praise him enough.

I love Allen Hurns. The guy is going to be a big time player for us.

Jacory made some bad decisions but I guess that was expected. I'm just glad he didn't give the game away. He easily could have thrown 4 picks, maybe more.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 09-19-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:40 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First win baby!

Definitely a big win, OSU kind of sucks but it's still a OOC win against a top 25 team. Now we have 2 weeks against lesser opponents to start picking things up before go to Blacksburg.

Still some issues on D with tackling, and there were some alignment issues, but pretty solid performance overall. Micanor Regis stepped up big time in the second half, huge game for him. Spence made some big plays but was definitely getting his legs under him still. Telemaque had another big game. Chick got his first sack as Cane. Cookie had another good game, as did Denzel Perryman (looks like we found our 3rd LB). Darius Smith had a pretty nice game inside but we need Marcus Forston to step up. Didn't play like he should have.

Lamar is a freaking super star. 184 yards against a team that never gives up 100 to 1 guy. Absolutely incredible. Our run game is going to be SCARY once the OL starts to mesh. Washington made his first start at LT and Jon Feliciano made his first start ever at RT while the interior stayed the same. Looks like we got something in Allen Hurns. Clive Walford also looked fantastic. Shoulda had an amazing TD that was taken off the board. Made some really nice blocks too. Jacory was Jacory, but Al loves him so we're gonna have to live with him going forward it seems. 3 out of the 4 INTs (2 were dropped) were the same stupid late throws as last year. Fisch has done a fantastic job with the offense so far but both Jacory and Morris are still doing their biggest mistakes from last year.

Great game overall, gonna try to get something a big more in depth later in the week (likely Friday), and I'll get some recruit news/stats up in a bit. Big win guys!!!

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-18-2011, 08:24 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Duke had a quiet game 8 carries for 74 yards and a TD.

WR/DB commit Angelo Jean-Louis had 5 catches for 139 yards and a touchdown.

LB commit Keith Brown is up to 228 pounds. Him and Raphael Kirby are both instant impact guys and some of the top LBs in the nation.

LB commit Josh Witt is really athletic and looks good in coverage. Had 2 sacks and 2 FF last week. Not going to be a run stuffer in college but a big play type guy who will be able to cover guys downfield.

Preston Dewey had a rough game getting sacked 9 times and threw an INT. He plays on a VERY poor team in Texas. Still doing well on the year completing 52 of 80 for 767 yards and 9 TDs, with 2 INTs.

Gray Crow continues to struggle statistically, going 9-17 for 82 yards and 0 TDs. He's 25/58 on the year for 2 TDs and 4 INTs. His team is 3-0 though. He plays in a run heavy offense and has the tools you look for though.

Jontavious Carter had 9 catches for 80 yards and caught 2 2pt conversions.

Some pics of commits.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-18-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shame on you guys, picking on the little sisters of the poor.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"I'm kind of shocked," Ohio State's Carlos Hyde said. "I wasn't expecting to lose to these guys."

lololololololololololololol
Old 09-19-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Can't wait until Saturday. It's going to be nice beating the Brown brothers.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can't wait until Saturday. It's going to be nice beating the Brown brothers.
**** Bryce!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
[/b]

lololololololololololololol
He's got a good point, your ratio of hookers to wins over the past five years is pretty low as compared to the National Championship years.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
He's got a good point, your ratio of hookers to wins over the past five years is pretty low as compared to the National Championship years.
BTW, I'm just being bitter and petty. Like I said in the Week 3 thread, you guys played well.

One thing I want to point out is that UM didn't make the stupid mental mistakes that seemed to be pretty common the past decade. Very disciplined. Golden is a good one.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who should I get a throwback of guys? I'm thinking Sean Taylor. Or maybe just go with a #6 jersey.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Who should I get a throwback of guys? I'm thinking Sean Taylor. Or maybe just go with a #6 jersey.
Sean Taylor is only right, but if you decide #6 Tana Man was the BEST to don that!!!

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 09-24-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I missed the whole game except the last play today :(

Can't say I was impressed. I was even more disgusted when I learned Lamar didn't get a single touch on the final four plays.

Any feedback on the game I missed is appreciated.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Lamar Miller got banged up a little bit and really wasn't all that effective except for that 59 yard TD run.

Jacory looked really good. He made a couple of nice throws and like DG said in the weekly discussion thread, he was playing like it is 2009.

Travis Benjamin looked great. Laron Bryd looked awful.

The pass protection was good, the run blocking was bad.

Sean Spence is officially back. He was flying all over the field. The rest of the defense didn't look so good. The Kansas St. QB killed us.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-24-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Lamar Miller got banged up a little bit and really wasn't all that effective except for that 59 yard TD run.

Jacory looked really good. He made a couple of nice throws and like DG said in the weekly discussion thread, he was playing like it is 2009.

Travis Benjamin looked great. Laron Bryd looked awful.

The pass protection was good, the run blocking was bad.

Sean Spence is officially back. He was flying all over the field. The rest of the defense didn't look so good. The Kansas St. QB killed us.
Did we limit Bryce?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 09-24-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Did we limit Bryce?
Considering he's been in Snyder's doghouse since the beginning of the season and only has 3 carries this year, Bryce didn't play at all.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:34 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forston was absolutely terrible.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:24 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Considering he's been in Snyder's doghouse since the beginning of the season and only has 3 carries this year, Bryce didn't play at all.
That's the way I like it! Never should have turned on us.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 09-29-2011, 12:48 AM    (permalink
kamran
Rookie

kamran hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

you can improve your quality.
kamran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4* DE Trent Taylor switches his commitment from Miami to UT.
Sorry guys.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Yea he wavered the second the Shapiro story came out so it's not overly shocking. Bryan Cox Jr will probably replace him in the class.

<njx9> <3 dg