Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-23-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't stand the Pam crying at everything tho. That joke has to end this episode now. Cuz thats too easy, but yeah, it was solid.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Andy as boss. I mean, I think the show can work, but I really wanted to see Jim or even Darryl as boss to have a different dynamic at the head of the group.

I feel like Jim's potential interaction and stark contrast in normalcy compared to Robert would have been better. It also would have given Jim a purpose on the show, which he still lacks. Andy is quirkier, so he's easier to give storylines to as a non-authority figure in the office.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And like Yoda said, Creed needed a line in this episode. I am dying to hear Creed's interpretation of Robert. One weird guy's take on an even weirder guy.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The best part was Dwight taking out everyone that was planking.
This. The fire extinguisher was epic.
I liked this show and have high hopes for the rest of the seasons.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was pleasantly surprised. Probably won't be as good without Carell but it still has potential.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Meredith most certainly would have died from her fall. Dwight should be in jail.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meredith has survived being an alcoholic and being hit my a car. She'll be okay.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:16 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This episode was just okay for me. I think choosing Andy is going to ultimately be a mistake and James Spader is meh in my opinion.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope this is the last season of this show.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I really hope not.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
No one is making you watch..
Old 09-24-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I wonder if they'll continue to not give Robert any talking heads.

I can't decide if I would like that or not. It keeps him mysterious and more intriguing, I think for now, but they probably can't keep that going forever. It'd be hard to get to know him well enough without them eventually.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a decent episode I thought. You can already tell that this show will start going down the drain in the near future. If that will be this season or next. And I'm just not feeling Andy being the manger. He's character is more so of being just a side guy then being the lead guy.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Dude, the show has been in decline since early Season 5, basically right after the wedding.

But NBC won't cancel its most successful comedy. They'll ride it into the ground if they need to. NBC is last in the ratings race.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Andy is the manager because they needed to upgrade Ed Helms' role to keep him as a TV actor, rather than a movie actor primarily.

He's bigger John Krasinski and Rainn Wilson these days.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:51 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the haters are whack and demand perfection.

Awesome episode, Planking was awesome, so was Kevin & Stanley in this episode. I want More Creed and Darryl though. I was talking to my friends and told them after watching the Secretary's day episode, Andy would make a good boss for the show. Also was wondering in the back of my mind, did Steve Carrell (who use to be on the daily show), suggest Ed Helms be on the show, (they both worked on the Daily Show [most of you already knew that]) to eventually groom him to take his place? idk but i thought that was worth a thought.

Also I thought Gabe went back to Florida. why is he back in the office, no even mentioned that, also

I know it's stupid, but it's my new thang

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:04 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

lol, I agree, still one of my favorite shows

Old 09-29-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I don't know about you guys, but I thought tonight's episode was really, really good.

I'll give a solid A.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I feel really good about the direction of this season with the characterization of Robert and Andy in this episode.

My only demand is that Creed gets a line next week.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I feel really good about the direction of this season with the characterization of Robert and Andy in this episode.

My only demand is that Creed gets a line next week.
Yeah, I feel that Andy has been somewhat re-invented and Robert California has been pretty great so far.

I loved his quote near the end:

"There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional."

Plus there are still some new/ongoing storylines that are the types of things that tend to bring a sense of continuity to the season, such as Pam's new baby, Angela's baby with a *** guy, Robert California getting settled in as the CEO, Andy and Erin, etc. I can definitely see the writers milking these topics for a good amount of time, which if done right could work really well.

Heck, they milked Jim and Pam for something like three seasons, and it worked pretty well.

The only major disappointment for me thus far is that Daryl has completely failed to have any type of impact thus far and he was a pretty important character at the end of last season. Maybe he's busy with other stuff IRL, but who knows.

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 09-29-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

In case you guys haven't seen, the premise for next week should be good:

Old 09-29-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked the episode as well, but Xio is so right about Creed. We need him back. So, the episode gets downgraded to an A- for no Creed.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
"People will never be replaced by machines. In the end, life and business are about human connections. And computers are about trying to murder you in a lake. To me, the choice is easy." — Michael Scott

Hadn't seen that episode in ages. Just watched it on TV and was reminded of one of my favorite Michael quotes.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:04 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Kevin in the open.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin was money. Andy proved that it will take a while for him to develop into his new role as manager. Creed needs to say something.

I thought that the episode was underwhelming humor-wise, but as Goosemahn said, it set up a bunch of story lines that will be hashed out throughout the season.

So far so good with out Michael.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote