Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 09-04-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah i know BF12...

Since it's a week from kickoff here's my prediction...

I wanna say Bucs win 27-24

But i'ma go with Lions win 31-24

Please lord, let me be wrong!

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally got NFL Sunday Ticket, so I get to watch Buc games live now. Off the top of my head the thing that stood out to me was our OL vs Detroit's DL which seemed pretty one sided in Detroit's favor. We could not get any push in the run game and seemed like every other pass there was pressure in Josh Freeman's face. Might be an end result of not having a full offseason to work together with the team being so young.

Also Detroit's OL seemed to start the game getting a lot of push as well, if not for the humidity I wonder if they would have been more dominant late in game. McCoy looks very improved, Price splashed in a couple good plays(although that was it).

I give it a C- if we would have run the hurry up/no huddle we would have moved the ball better, IMO. It was apparent @ the end of the half and end of the 4th quarter

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
I finally got NFL Sunday Ticket, so I get to watch Buc games live now. Off the top of my head the thing that stood out to me was our OL vs Detroit's DL which seemed pretty one sided in Detroit's favor. We could not get any push in the run game and seemed like every other pass there was pressure in Josh Freeman's face. Might be an end result of not having a full offseason to work together with the team being so young.

Also Detroit's OL seemed to start the game getting a lot of push as well, if not for the humidity I wonder if they would have been more dominant late in game. McCoy looks very improved, Price splashed in a couple good plays(although that was it).

I give it a C- if we would have run the hurry up/no huddle we would have moved the ball better, IMO. It was apparent @ the end of the half and end of the 4th quarter
Solid evaluation of the game. Honestly, if you look at the top flight QBs like Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Rivers, they control the offense. Payton makes the calls in New Orleans because he's that damn good.

You look in Tampa and Greg Olsen is awful. I mean, he absolutely loves that stupid RB Draw play out of the shotgun to the point it gets too predictable. If I'm Freeman, I toss that crap out of the play book and ignore it when Olsen calls it.

When Freeman took command of the offense, it was a different ball game. They were moving the ball soundly. Even Tim Ryan, the anaylst calling the game even said if they learned anything today it's to let Josh Freeman take control of the offense. They're much better there/
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:24 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a thing of beauty, another thing that stood out to me was no pressure. We had 0 sacks and 0 hits on the qb, pass rush is still a work in progress.

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:30 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pass rush failure isn't too bad given it was the first game as starter for three of the four players on the defensive line. Hopefully a game against the piece of crap O-Line in Minny gives the young guys more confidence.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
The pass rush failure isn't too bad given it was the first game as starter for three of the four players on the defensive line. Hopefully a game against the piece of crap O-Line in Minny gives the young guys more confidence.
I didn't except a 7 sack game (which I would've loved) I was hoping @ least a couple of hits on the QB and a sack or two. I can say one thing, we really improved our D line play up front in terms of the run.

Quote:
Old 09-15-2011, 02:12 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Because of Olsen's failure in the game plan, our defense was gassed in the 2nd half. Part of the reason we weren't getting pressure was because Rah had us basically in a prevent zone defense the entier 1st half. I mean, with all those speedy WRs, the DBs kept a 10 yard cushion almost hte entire game. Stafford had so many easy reads to make. If it wasn't there at WR, the TE or RB was sitting there in the open field.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Another comeback win for the Bucs! that game was hard to watch in the first half.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

It was very painful! I like the fact we were getting after the QB finally, I am so ecstatic to see McCoy being disruptive as he is. He won't have big stats but his presence is going to start being noticed around the league because he can get up the field with best. He worked against Steve Hutchison a lot and held his own. He almost brought McNabb down if not for McNabb being still elusive.

Freeman is going to really make a name for his self with all these comeback wins pilling up. I wish he wouldn't hold on to the ball so long early on in the games but once he gets comfortable he is very composed. The fade route to Mike Williams, which was called back because of an illegal shift, was a thing of beauty. Very Peyton Manning-esc(I know I know).

The offensive line and Leggaret Blount took over the second half. Jarred Allen got a sack on the 1st play from scrimmage but other than a couple hurries never touched Freeman again.

Week 3 Atl vs TB it will be a good barometer for the young seasons

Quote:
Old 09-24-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bucs have a big game tomorrow. Lets hope we get off to a quick start and not wait til the second half.