Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont like this taking a safety strategy. I would have allowed Andy to boot that to the other endzone.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 09-25-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't going to mention that I picked up the Niners DST for this unless we won. That safety cost me two points though and Brees just raped me in the last quarter. I'm in trouble and my winless streak is looking pretty safe.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers played good in the 4th quarter. Too bad they couldn't play the rest of the game like that.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The 49ers played good in the 4th quarter. Too bad they couldn't play the rest of the game like that.
and that's been the story of so many games over the past several years. very few complete games.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm giving the game ball to Vernon Davis.

Quote:
Old 09-25-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No doubt, and even if it was a rookie QB, the defense looked great.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 09-25-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Ray MacDonald had another very good game as well.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No love for Alex Smith? 4/5 for 48 yards on that 4th Q go head drive. At point he hit 7 passes in a row in the 4th. It was one of few times I wasn't nervous having Smith out there in the 4th.

Off another 49ers message board:
Quote:
1st half 9-17 74 yards
2nd half 11-13 127 yards 8-9 in the fourth

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 09-25-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
Ray MacDonald had another very good game as well.
Anyone know a site that lists pressures? Curious to see how many Ray Mac has.

Bowman also had a great game. 7 solo tackles and 12 total tackles.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can't really blame Gore too much on that fumble though. Yes he should hold on to the ball, but at the same time everyone has been playing **** the entire year so far. At least the offense. This is why you need an offense that can score 30 points a game so you can offset those turnovers.
Alex has played fine, yeah I said it. When they needed a drive to win the game, they spread the field and let him throw. Gore is done, and there should be no excuses, he limits the Offense tremendously because he's not a big play threat and he can't do anything outside the tackles. When Hunter came in the difference was startling.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
No love for Alex Smith? 4/5 for 48 yards on that 4th Q go head drive. At point he hit 7 passes in a row in the 4th. It was one of few times I wasn't nervous having Smith out there in the 4th.
No chance.

People always clamor for Smith to step up when the team needs a win. He did it today. Would've hit 9 straight passes had Gore not let it bounce off his face.

I watched carefully and you can argue that even though Smith was 20-30, he had 6 passes dropped.

I'm not praising Smith because he still didn't play great. I just think we need to be fair to the guy. He's been the most consistent performer on offense this season. Scary, YES! But he's also the most hated.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm giving it to Alex, I was impressed. Vernon had a key drop and made some big plays, but Alex was getting killed all game and came through in the 4th.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I dont like this taking a safety strategy. I would have allowed Andy to boot that to the other endzone.
I don't like it when they give up 2 points and don't tun out the clock, meaning that when they do kick it off, a run back doesn't tie the game; it wins it.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 09-25-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
I'm giving it to Alex, I was impressed. Vernon had a key drop and made some big plays, but Alex was getting killed all game and came through in the 4th.
Careful. Have your shield ready?
Old 09-25-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Careful. Have your shield ready?
eff the Shield, if everyone else did their freaking job (including the playcalling) Alex would've had a tremendous game.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They got the win. It was ugly, but they got it. I'll take it but there was so much sloppiness in this game, that it's hard to take too much away on the positive side.

Our timing to play Philly at home may be about as good as possible. A lot of injuries today vs the G-Men, including Vick's broken (non-throwing) hand. I'll take every advantage the Niners can get t help them get a W, as that game on the schedule looked anything but ideal.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 09-25-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's about time Frank got benched he's played like **** all year.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
It's about time Frank got benched he's played like **** all year.
Seriously, no running game in a run-based Offense, no oline, WRs dropping balls...pathetic. Gore is slow and unexplosive..watching McFadden right now it's like night/day.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Alex has played fine, yeah I said it. When they needed a drive to win the game, they spread the field and let him throw. Gore is done, and there should be no excuses, he limits the Offense tremendously because he's not a big play threat and he can't do anything outside the tackles. When Hunter came in the difference was startling.
Smith has not played fine unless you are content with mediocrity. They let him throw a bunch in this game especially in the 1st half and he didn't make plays.

Wake me up when we have a Drew Brees, Aaron Rogers, or Philip Rivers. Someone that actually has the potential to dominate a game.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-25-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Without the three really bad drops and Crabtree's non-TD, Alex would have had a pretty nice stat line. Somewhere in the 23/30 for 250 and a td. With more third down conversions.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
eff the Shield, if everyone else did their freaking job (including the playcalling) Alex would've had a tremendous game.
Yes it's everyone's fault except Alex.

Quote:
Old 09-25-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Yes it's everyone's fault except Alex.
Actually, in this particular game you're right on here. Yeah, it's the Bengals..but no reason to sound like every other dumb niner fan out there over this game. If everyone does their job, Alex has a great game....the guy got battered all game long and when they put the O in his hands with the game on the line, he won.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Actually, in this particular game you're right on here. Yeah, it's the Bengals..but no reason to sound like every other dumb niner fan out there over this game. If everyone does their job, Alex has a great game....the guy got battered all game long and when they put the O in his hands with the game on the line, he won.
Any quarterback can make a drive like that in that kind of game against that kind of team. I'm talking Jon Kitna, Billy Volek, etc. Smith completed enough of his passes to make big plays over the field, and like I said earlier they let him pass a bunch in the first half. Dude just didn't get it done. When the passing game actually starts dominating and Smith throws for 300 yards, 4 touchdowns, in a rout of a team, then I'll have faith. But one game against a terrible Bengals team that the 49ers happened to win in which they could have easily lost doesn't give me any confidence. If the 49ers were playing the Packers, Saints, or Giants they would have gotten their asses kicked and Alex Smith would not have had a "great game".

Like I also said, wake me up when we have a Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, or Phillip Rivers. Someone that can actually dominate a game and not just be a game manager with a high percentage of completions while never throwing for more than 300 yards. This is not worth the number one overall pick that Alex was picked for.

You can use all the excuses you want, but at the end of the day it's just excuses. Receivers dropping passes, coordinators, etc. The actual good quarterbacks in this league offset those things because they make big plays and make them often. It's not just limiting your mistakes either, it's making big plays and having big games period. It's really that simple.

Funny how you blame Gore instead of the offensive line for not being explosive, but blame the offensive line for Alex Smith not having a better game.

All in all it doesn't matter. I'm already looking forward to Landry Jones or Matt Barkley under center next year. This is Smith's last year thank goodness.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-25-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't get to see any of the game.

O-line was that bad huh?
Old 09-25-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Didn't get to see any of the game.

O-line was that bad huh?
Offensive line is worse in run blocking than pass pro. All in all, pretty terrible.

Quote:
Closed Thread