Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-24-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple

Been paying attention to him since he ran for 1300+ yards and 16 TDs as a true freshman on a bad team. Big back. Just had 5 touchdowns against Maryland, and that makes 12 already this year. I think I'd rather have him than LaMichael James.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks a lot better early this year than he did last season. I was keeping an eye on him after his monster freshmen season as well(think he was in the top five in rushing for awhile before slowing down towards the end, if I remember correctly), but came away pretty unimpressed last year when I got a look at him against Penn State and Akron. Really seems to be back to running well this season, even with the game against Penn State, which let's be real here, that was a fluky game with Temple leading at one point...but they just don't have the horses to compete with them. You can forgive him not putting up numbers against them to a certain extent.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:12 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a creeper. Pierce gutted UMD. Looks like a future Sunday RB.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pierce is very underrated nationally, but scouts know all about him.

In fact, Piece could be one of the top running back prospects in the draft if he comes out.

Potential Top 100 pick.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Looks a lot better early this year than he did last season. I was keeping an eye on him after his monster freshmen season as well(think he was in the top five in rushing for awhile before slowing down towards the end, if I remember correctly), but came away pretty unimpressed last year when I got a look at him against Penn State and Akron. Really seems to be back to running well this season, even with the game against Penn State, which let's be real here, that was a fluky game with Temple leading at one point...but they just don't have the horses to compete with them. You can forgive him not putting up numbers against them to a certain extent.
I watched an interview of him recently where he said, basically, that he'd bought into his own freshman hype a little bit and didn't feel like he was physically ready for the season last year. And that's not normally what you want to hear from a running back, but in this case it was coming from a player who seemed to have learned. Looks like he was ready this year, and he's ballin' through the first couple weeks against some decent teams.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like some of you I was paying attention to him last year after his freshman year where some people compared him to Eric Dickerson. Those voices faded last year, but this year his been a beast. I'd rate him as a low second rounder right now, but if he keeps this up... He certainly has the talent to go higher than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I like him he even played well vs Penn State. I think he will be drafted in the 3rd-5th rounds.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:37 AM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK85 View Post
I like him he even played well vs Penn State. I think he will be drafted in the 3rd-5th rounds.
He did awful vs. Penn State, but that's only because he is Temple's offense. Shut him down, you shut Temple down.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People are still massively underrating this guy. Pierce has a lot of talent. He reminds me a lot of James Starks and lets remember, Starks only fell because he missed an entire season. He should have been and would have been a Top 100 pick, like Pierce will be.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Opening this discussion up again. I haven't seen Temple play at all this year so I've never seen Pierce first hand but I've watched videos of him and from word-of-mouth he seems to be a guy that is highly regarded. He's having an incredible season with 25 TDs. With over 630+ carries already in his career I think he could possibly declare to avoid more wear and tear on his body before he even takes his first NFL snap. Where do you guys think he ranks among the other top rated prospects this year? Would you put him in the Chris Polk-David Wilson tier of RB prospects or is he more in the Cyrus Gray-Montee Ball range? Does he project more as a complimentary piece or is he feature back material?
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Bald_81
Rookie

Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or does he take too much time hitting the hole? Again, I haven't seen much of him but watching a couple of his games he seemed very timid and indecisive when attacking the hole. You could write this off as waiting for things to develop or a testament to his vision, but in the NFL there are going to be defenders in the backfield and if he continues to tip toe and take his time then he's going to get eaten up. Definitely liked his speed and burst, just didn't like his decisiveness and I was wondering if anyone saw the same thing? Hit the hole hard, young man. (That's what she said)

He kind of reminds me of Shonn Greene.

Last edited by Bald_81 : 12-26-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Bald_81 is offline   Reply With Quote