Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-18-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ps3 doesn't have a madden package, do they?

and really, i will probably go the smaller gig route since i don;t really download a ton of stuff. i really don't think that i would come anywhere close to maximizing out the potential of a 320 gb. Is there really that big of a difference besides storage space?
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
hell of a deal, my dead island pick up has been delayed since ive been playing madden the majority of the time now. I'll pick it up eventually
Dead Island is a great game even with it's 16416132161651 glitches and **** ups.
Apparently there are several patches coming out soon that should take care of the issues.
(One of the biggest, the game runs solely on an auto-save function... but it's not saving. It looks like it's saving, but it just doesn't. You don't know it until the next time you start up the game and realize you're 12 hrs behind where you should be)
I haven't had that issue but I've witnessed a lot of freezing at times.

... and I still love the game.
So wait til your Madden rush calms down and by the game.
By then, hopefully, you won't have to deal with any of these headaches.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man after few months of heart breaking seasons of rtg qb a big disappointment of moving him into madden.Last night I messed around with superstar mode.Once you get in basically you just start out in mini camp/preseason.Such a let down again!Where is all of the rookie NFL stuff like all pro days,team interviews,NFL draft coverage etc.This mode could be so much more dam EA!Other wise I love Madden franchise mode.
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dead Island is possibly the worst game ever. My friend and I completed it, and really couldn't wait for it to end. The story is terrible, the voice acting is terrible, the game is glitchy as hell, and it just drags out way too long. I knew it wasn't going to be what they made us believe it'd be from the original trailer, but jesus h. christ that **** was horrible.

It is fun, but it drags out way too long and has a lot of spots that are just horrible. The weapon mod'ing is stupid and borderline pointless. We beat the game at level 35 (max level is 50)...there will be no New Game +.

And we were playing it on the less-glitched PC version. Couldn't imagine playing that dog **** game on a console.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
ps3 doesn't have a madden package, do they?

and really, i will probably go the smaller gig route since i don;t really download a ton of stuff. i really don't think that i would come anywhere close to maximizing out the potential of a 320 gb. Is there really that big of a difference besides storage space?
No, but they're the same price at Toys R Us, so I'd get the bigger one if you can do it now.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=12066992
Old 09-21-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My games came... Now I need to bust my ass to beat Uncharted 1. Ive been pretty lazy with it lately.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Dead Island is possibly the worst game ever. My friend and I completed it, and really couldn't wait for it to end. The story is terrible, the voice acting is terrible, the game is glitchy as hell, and it just drags out way too long. I knew it wasn't going to be what they made us believe it'd be from the original trailer, but jesus h. christ that **** was horrible.

It is fun, but it drags out way too long and has a lot of spots that are just horrible. The weapon mod'ing is stupid and borderline pointless. We beat the game at level 35 (max level is 50)...there will be no New Game +.

And we were playing it on the less-glitched PC version. Couldn't imagine playing that dog **** game on a console.
I heard that the PC version was even more glitched than the PS3 version...LAN capabilities don't work correctly and tons of just plain bad glitching.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PlayStation Network down for you guys also?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
PlayStation Network down for you guys also?
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1195695p1.html

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
What am i gonna do for the rest of the day now?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
What am i gonna do for the rest of the day now?
Buy a 360, Buy Gears 3, and Buy Xbox live and we can play Gears all day. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-21-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I heard that the PC version was even more glitched than the PS3 version...LAN capabilities don't work correctly and tons of just plain bad glitching.
It was, but it's easier to patch the PC version.

The thing with the PC version is they released the Dev version because they ****** up and patched in the retail version over the course of a couple of days. Couldn't play online at all until the Thursday after the game was released.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This means i demand free games!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It was, but it's easier to patch the PC version.

The thing with the PC version is they released the Dev version because they ****** up and patched in the retail version over the course of a couple of days. Couldn't play online at all until the Thursday after the game was released.
Thats pitiful. I don't know how a company can release games so unrefined like this...and to top it all still charge and arm and a leg.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:39 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does any one know or have any idea when the ps vita is suppose to come out in the spring sometime?
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just blocked a FG in Madden 12. Never done that before.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive blocked a ton

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it's real easy this year. I've blocked multiple FGs in games.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
ive blocked a ton
i block one a game
Old 09-26-2011, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Wow... really? I've played A year and a half so far into a franchise and blocked my first one EVER.
I'm pretty sure. I've been playing since Madden 99 (skipped 11) and I'm pretty sure I've never blocked a FG attempt.
I've blocked punts... a lot of them, actually. Never a FG.

I was down by 14 in the 3rd qtr, blocked the FG, momentum shifted and I ended winning by 10. Awesome.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I havent played Madden in two years...but I'd hate that. I try to play realistically, numbers wise at least. Take Romo out after he reaches 300 or so yards, take Felix out after 100. Otherwise you're going to break every record in the book, and that isnt even fun, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-26-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been RPG starved so I downloaded Dragon Age: Origins, since I sold my xbox. Played for about 4 hours and then my save corrupted......don't want to start over. blechhh $30. I'll start a new one soon I guess.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You've beaten that a couple times I thought. <3 Origins.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-26-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
You've beaten that a couple times I thought. <3 Origins.
Yeah I have but it's been quite a while and wanted to finally try out a warrior. Oh well, back to nuking the entire world as a mage on the next run.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm always a warrior type to start off RPGs. My first playthrough of Origins was going great until I just got mauled by all the long rangey Mages in the Fade. Ughhh. Took me forever to get past that.

For as good as the game is...I sure did hate the Fade and Deep Roads parts. But I'd give anything to have DA2 be anywhere near as good as Origins. That game was just a downer, I'm not even excited for DA3. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS