Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-26-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm always a warrior type to start off RPGs. My first playthrough of Origins was going great until I just got mauled by all the long rangey Mages in the Fade. Ughhh. Took me forever to get past that.

For as good as the game is...I sure did hate the Fade and Deep Roads parts. But I'd give anything to have DA2 be anywhere near as good as Origins. That game was just a downer, I'm not even excited for DA3. :(
I hated the fade too but the Deep Roads were extremely fun, tough for sure though. Honestly mages are so overpowered in that game that the other classes are practically a different difficulty level.

I never played DA2 (all the reviews described basically a nightmare sequel) but I'm interested in finally getting to the Morrigan DLC in DAO.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it wasnt too bad (the Morrigan DLC), I wish it was better, but at least it was a continuation of sorts. I did everything possible in DA:O. Not really that interested in doing all the DLC and such for DA2. One day, I'm sure...hopefully, I'll like it more when I revisit it, but I really doubt it. It's kind of a mess. The game takes place in a box. lol. I want epic scale and a bad ass story...not everything taking place in recycled locations, all of which comes within the walls of one city. It's pretty bad. And the story itself, is really lacking.

Makes me mad just thinking about how they ruined Dragon Age 2.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shadow of the Colossus comes out tomorrow(again). Whooo.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Shadow of the Colossus comes out tomorrow(again). Whooo.
I dont know if my parents will still buy their 23 year old son video games for Christmas. But I'll probably ask if they could pick that up for me. haha. That an RE4. I've just spent so much on games and have more to spend soon, so it'd be pretty tough for me to pick up either of those right now.

I'm getting excited for RAGE...next week already. Crazy. I'm also going to have to replay Uncharted 2, before 3 comes out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a loaded season man. I haven't even finished Resident Evil 4 yet. I've got literally nothing to do this weekend besides play video games and football stuff though, so I expect to put a charge into both of those and hopefully finish them. RAGE looks like major league stuff, but that's backburner for me until I finish Dark Souls, which looks like pretty much the greatest game of all time.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-26-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PS3>Wii no question.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uhh Im pretty sure thats a troll
Old 09-26-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****, i'm 33 and i get video games for x-mas every year from my mom & now my mom-in-law, too.

I'm going to have to get e new ps3 before x-mas just to keep the tradition alive.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Shadow of the Colossus in HD is AMAZING. Really show's off all the work they put into the title way back when. The game runs silky smooth now as well, something it didn't do back in the day.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-27-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uncharted down... Resistance up next. Playing all these older exclusives is almost becoming tedious lol,
Old 09-27-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So games I'm thinking about getting in the near future. My birthday is in a week and then Christmas is 2 months away, so I'm not sure which ones I can hold out on...

Resistance 3
Dead Island
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Fifa 12
Uncharted 3
Arkham City
Assassins Creed 3
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
inFamous 2

Any other games recently come out/are coming out before Xmas?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to Skyrim and I'm not even a fan of RPG's other than a select few. Also AC Revelations which is not AC3!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to Skyrim also playing though dragon age and i cant wait

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm looking forward to Skyrim and I'm not even a fan of RPG's other than a select few. Also AC Revelations which is not AC3!
Yea, that's what I meant. AC3 isn't until next year. Same with God of War 4...mmmmmmmmmm.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-27-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

This is going to be the best fantasy game of the year, not Skyrim.

Dark Soul's is the successor the Demon's Souls, renowned for being one of the most challenging games of all time. It also has one of the coolest multiplayer mechanics ever. While playing the game online, you can be invaded by other players at anytime, provided you have a body in the game. If you lose, you lose your body and have your health cut in half. The only way to get it back is to either kill a boss, use one of the limited, rare items, or successfully invade and kill another player. Invasions can happen at any time. The enemies within the environment will still attack you during the invasion and the opposing player can use this to their advantage. The combat is fast, relying on quick reflexes and timing as opposed to raw statistics. There's a deep metagame with classes, weapons, and armor, leading to a wide variety of ways to play the game.

October 4th can't get here fast enough.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-28-2011, 08:28 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as my PS3 holds up I'm not gonna have to get a new gaming system for years. So many good games I haven't played and really don't have time to play anytime soon. I still haven't finished RDR, Portal 2, or LA Noire.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my ps3 controllers are act really wierd and moving very fast and making it impossible for me to do anything. One is an old one 6 years old and the other is new and under warranty stil. I've tried resetting them but it doesnt fix them. Im gonna go by my brothers house and see if it works on his ps3.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So games I'm thinking about getting in the near future. My birthday is in a week and then Christmas is 2 months away, so I'm not sure which ones I can hold out on...

Resistance 3
Dead Island
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Fifa 12
Uncharted 3
Arkham City
Assassins Creed 3
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
inFamous 2

Any other games recently come out/are coming out before Xmas?
When you do, hit me up on for some co-op. I have a blast playing online co-op with friends and random people around the globe. Learn alot of tricks that way too.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
When you do, hit me up on for some co-op. I have a blast playing online co-op with friends and random people around the globe. Learn alot of tricks that way too.
I've been reading and watching a lot of stuff on the game recently, and it very well maybe the next game I get. I'll definitely let you know if I do.

How long is the game overall do you think?

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've been reading and watching a lot of stuff on the game recently, and it very well maybe the next game I get. I'll definitely let you know if I do.

How long is the game overall do you think?
I've put in about 15 hrs and I'm in Chapter 13 of 18. 20+ hrs then? Probably less if you just fly through it.
I'm trying to accomplish every side quest and loot as much as possible for the chance of finding rare items.
Not all that time was spent on the main quest due to me just joining other people's games at times and just helping them out and vice versa.

The game is glitchy as hell (overall, not so much for me but from what i've read online).
A patch just recently came out... (I haven't played in a week+ so I'm not sure how it looks/plays now.
It should have resolved a lot of the main gripes people had with the game.

I know some people (I think I read it on this site) didn't like the game but my friends and I have a blast with it.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I've put in about 15 hrs and I'm in Chapter 13 of 18. 20+ hrs then? Probably less if you just fly through it.
I'm trying to accomplish every side quest and loot as much as possible for the chance of finding rare items.
Not all that time was spent on the main quest due to me just joining other people's games at times and just helping them out and vice versa.

The game is glitchy as hell (overall, not so much for me but from what i've read online).
A patch just recently came out... (I haven't played in a week+ so I'm not sure how it looks/plays now.
It should have resolved a lot of the main gripes people had with the game.

I know some people (I think I read it on this site) didn't like the game but my friends and I have a blast with it.
That's pretty much what I would do and do in all games. I try to tackle a lot of side quests first, and then end with finishing main storylines.

I more or less know what I'm getting with the game, and I'm not expecting it to be a masterpiece of a game. Just your run of the mill zombie smashing fun.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-28-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
That's pretty much what I would do and do in all games. I try to tackle a lot of side quests first, and then end with finishing main storylines.

I more or less know what I'm getting with the game, and I'm not expecting it to be a masterpiece of a game. Just your run of the mill zombie smashing fun.
Yup. Lots of fun.

PSN: ackNalej

Old 09-28-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody having a problem with Netflix? I click on it and right after it loads, it goes to a blank screen.

Edit: It works now.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 09-28-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazon has PS3's (160GB) on sale for $225 but I don't know for how long.

I'm hoping to get one late October or early November but I'm sure it will be back to $250 by then.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Amazon has PS3's (160GB) on sale for $225 but I don't know for how long.

I'm hoping to get one late October or early November but I'm sure it will be back to $250 by then.
http://www.amazon.com/PS3-320GB-Unch...7320518&sr=8-1

Even better.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver