Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-29-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never mind on the $225 deal any ways they want $20 for shipping...
Old 09-29-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Battlefield 3 beta is out today for anyone interested.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every time I'm about to get a PS3 either the deal(s) price ends or I have to spend money on something else... Shakes Fist...

Last edited by Splat : 09-29-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heck some of you guys might just want to wait until the ps vita comes out in March.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
heck some of you guys might just want to wait until the ps vita comes out in March.
The PS Vita is a handheld. It's the successor to the psp, not a ps3.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm done with handhelds. If I want to game on the go I'd much rather pick up a $.99 game on my Iphone like Angry Birds or Bejeweled.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just bought a BRAND NEW 320 Ps3 w/ Madden 12 & Black Ops for $456 after tax..
Mike Evans #13 ROTY
Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never been big on handhelds.

1. They give me a headache.

2. I hate lugging around a cell phone and wallet...i couldnt imagine carrying around a brick ass handheld on my person.

3. I dont know when I'd ever play the thing

4. ***** repellent

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:18 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I play Pokemon(embarrassingly enough, the new ones too)from time to time when the lights are off, the doors are shut, it's past midnight, and under a blanket. Besides that, I'm not a handheld guy either. Never really have been.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-30-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I've never been big on handhelds.

1. They give me a headache.

2. I hate lugging around a cell phone and wallet...i couldnt imagine carrying around a brick ass handheld on my person.

3. I dont know when I'd ever play the thing

4. ***** repellent
The ladies love it when I play the pokemons on the train.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So games I'm thinking about getting in the near future. My birthday is in a week and then Christmas is 2 months away, so I'm not sure which ones I can hold out on...

Resistance 3
Dead Island
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Fifa 12
Uncharted 3
Arkham City
Assassins Creed 3
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
inFamous 2

Any other games recently come out/are coming out before Xmas?
I bolded the ones I'm getting/got. Dead Island is tied with inFamous 2 for my fave game of 2011 so far. This game really picks up when you start upgrading your own weapons and finding assault rifles, and its a ton of content. The setting is great too.

Arkaham City is a must for any Batman fan. I would get either inFamous 2 or Assassins Creed Rev because i think they are slightly similair (but infamous has better gameplay while Ass Creed has better/longer storyline). Rage might be worth looking into as well.

R3 is good, short, and forgettable. DX:HR wasnt for me (dont like stealth games other than MGS). Uncharted 3 will be incredible but you can redbox it and beat it in 4 days. No comment on Skyrim (havent played Oblivion but liked Fallout3).
Old 09-30-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dead Island is a piece of ****.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heard a lot of mixed feedback on Dead Island.
Mike Evans #13 ROTY
Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Dead Island is a piece of ****.
Wow, I couldn't disagree more.
I'm 82% through my first play through and plan on playing through again with a different character as soon as I'm done.
Rumor is the DLC's will be free for PS3 owners since the patch took so long to come out for it.

Can't wait for that either.

Looking forward to the new RE and Arkham to come out.
Battlefield looks good as well but I probably wont' get it any time soon.

Between school and family... I can only play video games late at nights.
So I barely have enough time for Madden and Dead Island.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

This is going to be the best fantasy game of the year, not Skyrim.

Dark Soul's is the successor the Demon's Souls, renowned for being one of the most challenging games of all time. It also has one of the coolest multiplayer mechanics ever. While playing the game online, you can be invaded by other players at anytime, provided you have a body in the game. If you lose, you lose your body and have your health cut in half. The only way to get it back is to either kill a boss, use one of the limited, rare items, or successfully invade and kill another player. Invasions can happen at any time. The enemies within the environment will still attack you during the invasion and the opposing player can use this to their advantage. The combat is fast, relying on quick reflexes and timing as opposed to raw statistics. There's a deep metagame with classes, weapons, and armor, leading to a wide variety of ways to play the game.

October 4th can't get here fast enough.

I absolutely loved Demon Souls, and I will definitely be grabbing Dark Souls. However I am also a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls games, and I believe Skyrim will be my favorite game of all time. Ever. Ever ever ever.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know how to update the rosters in Madden? I just got it today and I dont really know how to do these things. Will + rep.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Does anyone know how to update the rosters in Madden? I just got it today and I dont really know how to do these things. Will + rep.
All you need to do is go online in the main screen , scroll down to rosters and download.Super easy for ya.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
All you need to do is go online in the main screen , scroll down to rosters and download.Super easy for ya.
Ok. Thanks for the help.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
I bolded the ones I'm getting/got. Dead Island is tied with inFamous 2 for my fave game of 2011 so far. This game really picks up when you start upgrading your own weapons and finding assault rifles, and its a ton of content. The setting is great too.

Arkaham City is a must for any Batman fan. I would get either inFamous 2 or Assassins Creed Rev because i think they are slightly similair (but infamous has better gameplay while Ass Creed has better/longer storyline). Rage might be worth looking into as well.

R3 is good, short, and forgettable. DX:HR wasnt for me (dont like stealth games other than MGS). Uncharted 3 will be incredible but you can redbox it and beat it in 4 days. No comment on Skyrim (havent played Oblivion but liked Fallout3).
Thanks to you (and others) for feedback. Really, I would want to get Dead Island basically as a novelty zombie game that I've heard is fun. Don't really expect much more.

As for Arkham City, inFamous 2, AC Rev, Resistance 3...all sequals/addition to games I love. I'm a sucker for finishing out series, even if it's a waste of money. I just like completing sets.

Uncharted 3...no comments needed.

With Deus Ex, I loved the original and will probably buy this eventually but not until it's like $35. It has been $39.99 on Amazon randomly, so I might jump on that. But no rush.

I've played Fallout 3 and New Vegas (yea, not by Bethesda but still) and loved them both. These are the types of games I really like, and with Skyrim it's a completely new environment that I haven't really played (i.e. not modern, old west, futuristic, etc.)

Like Nalej, I really don't have time to play many video games anymore. Now that I have a job and money, I have an urge to buy every game that looks fun. But I know I will only get to play one every month or so because of how little time I have to play. It sucks so much. Don't ever grow up and join the real world, kids.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doing a 14 day trial of Gamefly. Hopefully I can beat Infamous 2 and decide if Madden 12 is worth it in that amount of time.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
But I know I will only get to play one every month or so because of how little time I have to play. It sucks so much. Don't ever grow up and join the real world, kids.
Hah, I graduated in June and still can't find a job with an Electrical Engineering degree. I haven't had this much time to play video games in years.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EE, huh? I'm a ME major... taking a EE basics class now... suuuuccckkkkssssss

PS3 Rocks!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

software and computer engineering seems all the craze nowadays and its much easier to find a job, I probably should have done that even though there is a lot of overlap.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dark Souls............
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Dark Souls............
Are you playing? I've got it as well. Enjoying the hell out of it so far, but I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. I've died soooo many times so far. Seems even harder than Demon's Souls up to the point I'm on.

R.I.P. Junior Seau