Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never seen Alex play as good as he did in the 2nd half, he simply caught fire at the right time. The question is, was it just a singular instance and did the stars just align? After that first half, I was ready to give up on him.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta give props to Aldon too. Got some some looks at OLB as well as his usually role in the nickel package and finished with 1.5 sacks and a tackle for a loss. Guy was a top 10 pick, he needs to see the field more. Hope Fangio agrees.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
or quitting on Alex?
Uh please. It was one game, or half I should say out of seven damn years. I was and am still justified in not having faith in him. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut. If Alex produces at that level most of the time for the next three years then I would cut it out. But Alex has a long way to go. A long ass way.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Hopefully, this gives Harbaugh more confidence to dig deeper into his playbook. They don't need to be super aggressive with Alex; just more aggressive at times, picking their spots and being much less predictable, opening up the run game.

They're 3-1 but they've squeaked out wins. On the right track but still a lot to prove.
Yeah I'll take it, but they still need to have that dominant blowout game against a team. Playing like this you MIGHT get a wildcard game.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Uh please. It was one game, or half I should say out of seven damn years. I was and am still justified in not having faith in him. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut. If Alex produces at that level most of the time for the next three years then I would cut it out. But Alex has a long way to go. A long ass way.
That's more like it.

As soon as he has another bad game or isn't heroic even and the team loses, today will have never happened in your eyes. We get it.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How in the hell did we beat the eagles guys?I wish I had today off to watch.Looks like our offense finally got in timing for some good scoring.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
That's more like it.

As soon as he has another bad game or isn't heroic even and the team loses, today will have never happened in your eyes. We get it.
What, you expect me to always say "But, but the Eagle game!!!" He had a good game today, but it's OVER. Time to do what you did to the Eagles to the Bucs. That is what a franchise quarterback does. And they do it for more than one season. Even Scott Mitchell has had one great year. They don't just have one game and be lax about it the rest of the way. Smith is under the microscope for having been doo doo for seven years.

It's about time he did something around here. I've been patient enough. I'm not gonna lick his balls because he had one good game against a good team. It only took him seven years. Give me a break. My standards are way higher sorry.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-02-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
How in the hell did we beat the eagles guys?I wish I had today off to watch.Looks like our offense finally got in timing for some good scoring.
Defensive front 7 kept Philly to field goals and made key plays, and Alex went Super Saiyan in the second half.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess that will so us how we do it ha!I'm glad we got the win.I'm so tired of loosing .
Old 10-02-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that we have established a qb rating of 112 is the only thing that will keep the hangman away on a weekly basis...

Giants need to comeback and Falcons need to hold to give us a two game lead and thinks aren't looking great in the desert.

61 yarder up and wide in seattle
Old 10-02-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Now that we have established a qb rating of 112 is the only thing that will keep the hangman away on a weekly basis...
Yup, keep missing the point.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Quote:
Yup, keep missing the point.
Not at all. I think people that don't read the board get your point. The deaf and blind get your point.

and Giants come back for the Niners' two game lead. Angry about that?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Not at all. I think people that don't read the board get your point. The deaf and blind get your point.
Tell me, what is my point then if you believe you have it figured out?

Quote:
and Giants come back for the Niners' two game lead. Angry about that?
Why would I be angry about that? That's irrelevant to what I was talking about.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Anyhow, more progress from Aldon Smith today. Another nice catch out of the backfield by Miller. Hunter mixed in nicely with Gore and added some speed out of the backfield.

Defence didn't break while they waited for the offence to showup. Most of the o-line had a good day compared to the previous outings this year. Fewer penalties. Finishing Vick when they had him dead to rights would have made a huge difference in what our secondary looked like. Those are hard receivers to stay with for extended plays.

Got the ball back to close the game out with three timeouts on the board. Remember constantly burning those to get the plays in?

And Crabtree competed on a few balls where he was going to get hit and came down with the ball. To me this is something huge for Alex to build a relationship with him. I really hope this is a sign of things to come, perhaps some timing where they Alex gets more precise and hits Crabtree in stride...

Last edited by Rabscuttle : 10-02-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Goon61
Rookie

Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so pumped!
I think the niners won because of Philadelphia's bad run defense and our big O line. Philly is such an overrated team, but this is the biggest win for the niners I've seen for a while.

Right now the niners look like they will win the division easily
Old 10-02-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Lot's of work to do before they get the division. O-line really needs to come together. Too hard to prevent turnovers, control games and run an offense with such an inconsistant line.

The fumble Alex had was bad, but there were some plays he did make that he kept huge losses or turnovers from happening by escaping guys that came through unchallenged. The play where Babin horse-collared him and he still got the ball out of bounds was one of the best plays he made all day.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

The improvement of Alex is a good sign of things to come whether or not he's the future QB..it looks like we finally have a staff that can coach.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone on CSN made a point that I think is rather interesting, the Niners had to create their own breaks to win. Seems like all the good teams do that, hopefully the Niners will take notice.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-02-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont know if you noticed but dashon goldson is looking like the old ball hawk he'd been two years go. i hope he can stay consistent.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He had a good game today, but it's OVER.
Only fair if you let it be over when he has a poor game. NO CHANCE.

Also... quit with the 7 years stuff. He's just begun year 7, which means he's been in the league 6 years... and he didn't play in most of 2 of them because of injury.

Hate him all you want, but doing everything in your power to embellish his faults while basically ignoring the positives, doesn't fly well.

Remember, you're now on record as saying you won't follow the team anymore. Perhaps evaluating with less emotion will help.

Love the passion. ABSOLUTELY love the passion. Just try to balance the anger with the optimism.

Love ya Ness!!!

LET'S GO NINERS!!!

Last edited by phlysac : 10-03-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Only fair if you let it be over when he has a poor game. NO CHANCE.

Also... quit with the 7 years stuff. He's just begun year 7, which means he's been in the league 6 years... and he didn't play in most of 2 of them because of injury.

Hate him all you want, but doing everything in your power to embellish his faults while basically ignoring the positives, doesn't fly well.

Remember, you're now on record as saying you won't follow the team anymore. Perhaps evaluating with less emotion will help.

Love the passion. ABSOLUTELY love the passion. Just try to balance the anger with the optimism.

Love ya Ness!!!

LET'S GO NINERS!!!
Except a quarterback is supposed to play well. That is why people haven't stopped complaining all of these years. Because the person that is playing terrible is still on the roster. This logic goes for any player. If things were in reverse, like Montana having one bad game every once in a while, I wouldn't be as hard as I am on Alex, because most of the time Montana played well, because he's a good quarterback. A bad game every once in a while isn't a big deal.

Alex has been here for seven years. This is his seven years and he should have been a lot farther than he is now years ago. Even if you want to say that he didn't play in this year or that year, the majority of his tenure here with the 49ers has been a disappointment, with a good amount of it falling on his shoulders. To say otherwise is just being foolish and ignoring the big elephant in the room.

Oh please stop with the angle that I have some sort of personal agenda to tarnish Alex Smith. That's like your only attack pattern. Assuming I'm taking things personal when in reality I'm actually speaking the truth. Right, it's just me going out of my way to talk down about a player, it's not like I care for the well-being of the team or anything or actually want good players. Smith has played terrible for the majority of his career here. One good game against a good team (finally when was the last time this happened) won't change that. Like I said earlier, even Scott Mitchell had one good season. Smith is going to have to do a lot more to win me over. A lot more. Did Smith look good today? Yes. Am I going to give online high-fives to everyone or get on my knees for him like some other folks? No.

I said I wouldn't follow the team as closely anymore. Not that I wouldn't follow them period.

Quote:
Old 10-03-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Someone on CSN made a point that I think is rather interesting, the Niners had to create their own breaks to win. Seems like all the good teams do that, hopefully the Niners will take notice.
The Eagles were still the better team I hate to admit. Really, they screwed themselves and basically gave the game to us more so than us winning it. They make one of those field goals or Ronnie Brown doesn't do that stupid play near the goal line we probably lose the game.

Quote:
Old 10-03-2011, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, let's take the Alex Smith stuff to the Niner Discussion Thread. This thread is for mother-******* gloating about the big win today! Booooyahhhh.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:03 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate fans that point out negatives and brush the positives aside like they never happened. WE HAVEN'T WON MUCH...BE HAPPY GODDAMIT!!! as niner fans, we have enough hate from other teams.. we dont need to be hating on ourselves.

same goes for alex smith. he catches enough heat from outsiders and he doesn't need to be hated on by his own teams fans.;

Old 10-03-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My best buddy is an eagles fan. First time in years i've been able to talk **** to him and boy did it feel good.