Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-02-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm upset with all these negative BF3 reviews. I really need a game I can just hop on for like 30 minutes.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:16 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Battlefield 3 beta is basically still the alpha they put out awhile back. Very little changed, if anything. I wouldn't worry about bugs too too much. They've put six years of work into it. EA has a horrible reputation with testing and putting out bug free products, but I just can't imagine DICE not putting the time in to fixing it with how long it's been in the oven.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is going to be a major let down when all is said and done. If I was them I would never have bothered releasing such a poor build of a game out as a beta. The only thing it has helped them learn is that they should never have a released such an inferior attempt at a beta in the first place.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really didn't think it was that bad. It lacked polish, but other than that it was exactly what I expected/wanted the game to be for that type of map. I would have liked to play one of the maps with vehicles for a more complete experience, but the core mechanics worked very well. There's already a ton up for changes/has been changed already anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-02-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling MW3 and BF3 won't live up to the hype, but people will contiune to buy them because of the name they carry.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even the core mechanics were problematic for me. The guns I used didn't have much weight to them and I had a lot of trouble getting the gun to change from hip fire to aiming down the sights; it just wasn't working as it should have. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm think BF3 is going to be the bust of the video game scene this year, especially on consoles.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Even the core mechanics were problematic for me. The guns I used didn't have much weight to them and I had a lot of trouble getting the gun to change from hip fire to aiming down the sights; it just wasn't working as it should have. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm think BF3 is going to be the bust of the video game scene this year, especially on consoles.
Considering it already has massive pre-orders, it won't be a bust at all.

And I know it gets old, but it's still in BETA. They just have some bug fixing to do, which is the norm at this stage of a game.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with Caddy here. I really tried and wanted to love it but I ended up just hating the **** out of everything. The mechanics were terrible, my guns didn't feel effective in the least bit. I pick up on games very quickly and after three games I just couldn't stand to play any more. MW3 is looking like the way to go for me since almost everyone I know will have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like I'm playing a different game than you guys on the PC. The guns feel AMAZING in it. Like the most realistic feeling weapons I've felt in a shooter. Dunno, maybe it's just me, but love it.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:10 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

And I know it gets old, but it's still in BETA. They just have some bug fixing to do, which is the norm at this stage of a game.
No it isn't. Not for a major release from one of the premier developers and being distributed by the biggest publisher. The game is a finished product at this stage. This is supposed to be a AAA title.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:32 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got my phonecall for RAGE for Tuesday. I'm excited. Been waiting a long time for this one. Hopefully we'll see some reviews tomorrow. I dont know if there is an embargo on it or not. No reviews yet.

I also have to buy a new Xbox Live card and reserve Uncharted 3. I'm so broke.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:42 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

I'm not talking fiscally Forenci. I couldn't care less how many people buy the thing. I'm predicting it's 2011's Medal of Honour. Like I said earlier, I hope I'm wrong about it.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I feel like I'm playing a different game than you guys on the PC. The guns feel AMAZING in it. Like the most realistic feeling weapons I've felt in a shooter. Dunno, maybe it's just me, but love it.
The physics of the guns are actually in play here. I tried to snipe a guy with an SMG, I could kind of make him out. Now with MW I would have killed him, but with this the bullets kind of hit him most were misses. Another thing when you in a close combat area, looking down the site = death. You have to hip fire when they guy is about 5-10 feet in front of you.

I haven't played a beta for MW 3 so can't compare it to BF3.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
I'm playing the same game as you, I think. At least a similar one, anyway. I really don't know where that's coming from as well. The weapons work just as well for me as I expected them too. Love the action and the way they handle. I really dig Rush mode as well. So fun breaking through the enemy lines and getting behind them, even if it does take a little bit of effort and coordination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I got my phonecall for RAGE for Tuesday. I'm excited. Been waiting a long time for this one. Hopefully we'll see some reviews tomorrow. I dont know if there is an embargo on it or not. No reviews yet
I was hoping there wouldn't be, but it looks like the reviews will come out on the day of release. Unfortunate. Really like to read up on games before they come out.

On the upside, Dark Souls reviews are coming out and are very strong so far. I couldn't possibly be more hyped for a release. So excited to go through that game and learn the ins and outs of it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-03-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I played it on PC and agree with Jvig and Caddy 100%. The guns feel awful. No weight to them at all, recoil is laughable and almost non-existent. Some of the worst feeling guns to me. BF3 was a sure buy for me, or so I thought. I'm not paying $60 for it that is for sure now.

I played Battlefield 2 over Battlefield 2142, Battlefield Bad Company, Battlefield Bad Co. 2, and now Battlefield 3 as well.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else having trouble with xbox live???

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Went 45-19 with 3 M-COM stations destroyed in Battlefield 3. That was certainly fun haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-03-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
anyone else having trouble with xbox live???
ya mine isnt working properly right now, matchmaking wont work really on gears of war 3 and takes about 3 minutes before i can sign into xbox live when i turn on my xbox
Old 10-03-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Dark Souls review out on Gamespot

9.5. Already got a 9 from IGN, even though the reviewer admitted they couldn't finish the game haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-03-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like BF3, yes it does have some crazy bugs but it will get worked out. BF2 was a lot smoother running game than MW2 or Black Ops, and I expect the same from BF3.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aside from a few buggy and glitchy areas I had no problem with the BF3 beta, I was playing it on PS3 though, not sure if that makes a difference.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
aside from a few buggy and glitchy areas I had no problem with the BF3 beta, I was playing it on PS3 though, not sure if that makes a difference.
It does a bit. I played both and thought the PS3 version was just generally smoother. The 360 version ran a little choppy and had far more screen tearing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-03-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rage just scored an 8.5 on IGN. A little low but I tend to not let IGN tell me whether or not to buy a game if it looks really good anywho.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

....an 85 isn't low at all. I hate this entire "if it isn't in the 90's the game is SHITTTT" thing. Just because scores are inflated for games doesn't mean they have to stay that way. The problem is relativity though, I suppose. People just don't associate 8/10 type scores as being fantastic when everything gets a 90. It just sets up this environment where it's impossible to give a fair score because of precedent and relativity. It also kind of makes it impossible to determine if the game is actually an 8 type game or if they're just going by the inflated scale. Just a bad system overall and something I really hope game journalists change at some point down the line.

But yeah, I'm pretty stoked for Rage. There's worse things in the world than a shooter with fantastic visuals and gameplay with iffy storytelling. Good old fashioned fun is one of the least appreciated factors in games these days. I sort of wish they added some kind of competitive multiplayer to the pot with how smooth and fun the gunplay looks...but I can understand not doing it if you don't think you can do it exceptionally. But that would interest me a hell of a lot more than the car mode thing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-03-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Rage just scored an 8.5 on IGN. A little low but I tend to not let IGN tell me whether or not to buy a game if it looks really good anywho.
An 8.5 on the IGN scale means the game is 'great'. I'll take that any day...