Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 09-28-2011, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 4 - Lions (+1.5) at Cowboys

Discuss the game and make a prediction. I'll throw in my thoughts later in the week.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:14 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets see, the Cowboys can't handle interior pressure.....
Miscues on offense limit their own big play opportunities
They couldn't even score a touchdown against the Redskins
Their QB writhes in pain every time he's touched and shys away from contact
They still have holes in their secondary that Calvin, Burleson, Titus, Best can exploit.

I say we need to hit their QB with some interior pressure and maybe throw the ball to CJ.

Lions 27-Cowboys 20(only if we don't knock Romo out of the game, 10 if we do)

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As usual, ever since 1999, the last time the Cowboys were relevant, they are overrated. Detroit is clearly the favourite and should win.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seem to always be skeptical whenever we face an opponent we should beat. While the Cowboys do have their problems the Lions need to get off to a fast start and leave them in the dust. The Cowboys will be sure to have some momentum playing at home but with the Lions playing the way they have (coming back from behind), I think we win 31-17
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeth View Post
I seem to always be skeptical whenever we face an opponent we should beat. While the Cowboys do have their problems the Lions need to get off to a fast start and leave them in the dust. The Cowboys will be sure to have some momentum playing at home but with the Lions playing the way they have (coming back from behind), I think we win 31-17
I am too, but the whole Stafford coming home to beat the cowboys sounds nice. Lions 34 - 27
Old 10-01-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to seriously improve our run D and cover Witten with a blanket to win this game. With Austin out and Bryant a game-time decision, there are going to be very few weapons for an injured Romo to work with. Forcing him into 2nd and 3rd and longs will result in him getting hit more often and relying on second teamers to make plays. Felix Jones cannot be allowed to let the Cowboys continually work in short yardage situations or break off big runs like KC did to us.

I don`t have a lot of faith that we`ll be able to muster up much of a run game against the Boys, however I think our receiving core (including Best on screens) will simply outmatch Dallas badly. Stafford should have a huge day. Hopefully he can avoid the early INT that he`s been throwing in every game so far.

Long story short, Lions D > banged-up Dallas O and Lions O > Dallas D. Cowboys are coming off a short week where they struggled against an average (at best) Skins team. I don`t think it will be close.

Lions 34 Cowboys 17

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suck It, Cowboys!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although we started the game slow like last week, to be able to come back from these deficits makes me think that we will always be in the game no matter who the opponent is. Calvin is breaking records and I hope next week he gets at least 2 more TD's.
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just how we thought it would happen. Couple pick 6s, late score, and Felix Jones being nice enough to not want to try and run backwards and lateral.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll keep saying it. Just wait til the Lions actually play a good game for 60 minutes. We're not even close to playing to potential.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'll keep saying it. Just wait til the Lions actually play a good game for 60 minutes. We're not even close to playing to potential.
Once we're able to run the ball consistently, we'll be scary. I think that's why we start so slow, we're one dimensional. I think the Lions are a legit playoff team, but I'm really excited for next year (healthy and experienced Fairley in the rotation, healthy Leshoure to help the run, experienced Titus Young, and hopefully a nice draft pick to help out either the O-line, or secondary).

Future is bright, I haven't felt this happy as a Lion's fan since we drafted Calvin Johnson.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:18 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are legit, and I pegged you guys as a playoff team before the season started.... the battering of Brady and NE in the key preseason game was proof IMO.

I don't like how you guys are coming back to steal games like at Minny and at Dallas.
4-0 with 3 road wins? That's impressive as hell.

My club didn't win the division last year, and your schedule is a bit easier than ours is the final 12 games.

The Roar has been Restored.
Thanksgiving looms f***** large, holy turkey.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly the Lions haven't played 4 Quarters and the Dline is underachieving IMO. The first halfs are concerning the last 2 weeks, Lions get down like that to Packers or Saints it will stay a big loss but the fact the Lions can play so well in 2nd halfs, make adjustments and win road games with only 2 good quarters is very impressive.

Let's play 4 Quarters against the Bears and hand them a nice big L next Monday .
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love our 4-0 record but we will have to play a lot better to beat the top teams in football. You cannot let teams get way ahead and expect a consistent season. Only Tampa Bay has a legit shot to be a playoff team and they aren't special just yet.
I still think we are a year away from being a really a special team but it is nice to know that we have a shot at least at making the playoffs this year so I'm not complaining.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Heard this: 84% of teams that begin 4-0 make the playoffs.

That actually seems low to me.