Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-03-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's more important to read the review and listen to the video review than judge based on the score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gamespot gave it an 8. Very positive in the actual review though. Sounds like it's a lot more shallow than anyone was expecting, but still a heck of a lot of fun to play and look at.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
DanZilla
Rookie

DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still deciding which Xbox to get....MW3 edition or Star Wars Edition...

MW3E comes with 2 controllers and the game i want

SWE looks cooler but only 1 controller. Will sell kinect and game so i can buy games with that money.

its a hard choice
DanZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:51 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you can't wait till after Christmas, just grab the MW2 version.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:06 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figured RAGE's story would suck. I'm a tad worried about that, but it just looks so pretty in the visuals and gunplay. We'll see. Borderlands shallow to no story, really turned me off, despite the fact that it was beautiful and played well...so I'm really not hoping this turns out to be a similar situation. I've loved the gameplay videos I've seen, so hopefully I'll really enjoy it. Gonna go pick it up in a few hours.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm definitely going to pick this up at some stage. If it had shooting based competitive multiplayer I might have grabbed it day 1, but I'm thinking I should just wait till post-Christmas.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
so you're weighing like, $80 in value against 'looks cooler'?
Maybe Danzilla is a multi-millionaire who has been busy making bank the last few years and hasn't had time for gaming?

Old 10-04-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn it. Dark Souls didn't ship. Won't be here until the 6th, apparently. I really screwed that one up though so it's my own fault.

Oh well. I'll be giving RAGE a spin for a few days I guess....unless I can convince myself to scavenge local stores for a collectors edition of Dark Souls.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-04-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Star Wars xbox comes with Kinect. I don't know how much those sell used though, but as he said he would sell it to get the game he wants.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I bought the shiny new Xbox when it first came out because it looked cooler. Was it a mistake? Yes. I justified it by my hard drive getting full though and didn't look back haha(more reasons as well, it's worked out). So I can understand wanting to cooler one. As far as the Kinect price for a trade in...Amazon is giving 53 with the Adventures Game. Not so sure what the white one would go for without a game but my gut says it would be fairly hard to unload. The game it comes with would be easier, however. If it comes unopened, you could always just return it to a Best Buy or something.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-04-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just picked up RAGE, reserved Uncharted 3. Probably a stupid idea, because Amazon will probably have some awesome deal. But whatever.

I'm ass tired, but I may play RAGE in a bit. I'm excited to see how beautiful it looks. Gameplay videos never really do games justice, in the graphical department.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-04-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

John Carmack is a technical genius. This may be one of those rare cases where the visuals are worth the price of admission. Still, a little discouraging that six years of dev time yielded a game people are criticizing for a lack of depth, even if the majority of the work was on the engine. The fact it looks that amazing and runs are 60 FPS on consoles is more than a little impressive though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-04-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Star Wars xbox was cheaper and not bundled with Kinect I'd get it. I don't have a hdmi port on my xbox though. It's colored and decorated like R2-D2.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
An 8.5 on the IGN scale means the game is 'great'. I'll take that any day...
I should clarify, a little lower than I expected. I thought it would be in the 9ish area, like a 9.1 or something. And don't get me wrong, I don't let IGN choose whether or not I buy the game. I make my own judgements when I play it myself, and this will most likely be one I choose to play.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rage already came out? :( I am soooooo looking foward to playing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
that's because it's john carmack. the guy has *never* created more than a pretty (sometimes), terrific engine with shallow gameplay pasted on top of it.
From what I understand, he was more involved on the technical side of things an sort of let the designers do their own thing. The entire emphasis throughout the hype phase was how it was going to be a shooter at it's core, but have more to it than most other shooters. But yeah, it is a little disappointing. I'm still going to play it because Carmack is a freaking rocket scientist and looks incredible.

On the non-disappointing side of things, Dark Souls is currently rocking a 90 on metacritic despite some reviewers giving it low scores because it's too hard haha. I'll take that. Probably buying a retail copy this afternoon since the collectors edition thing that didn't ship in time just has a tin and an art book. **** waiting.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-04-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If any of you guys pick up RAGE, can you report if it has any texture pop ins like the PS3 version does.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
If any of you guys pick up RAGE, can you report if it has any texture pop ins like the PS3 version does.
I'm hearing it's worse on the PS3, but it's getting fixed. The PC has the worst of it, from what I gather.

Dark Souls is fantastic....but there's some major frame rate issues right now. Hopefully they patch some of them up :/

Also, in excited news; not only is Alan Wake 2 being developed....but it's supposedly for Microsoft's 360 successor.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-04-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I should clarify, a little lower than I expected. I thought it would be in the 9ish area, like a 9.1 or something. And don't get me wrong, I don't let IGN choose whether or not I buy the game. I make my own judgements when I play it myself, and this will most likely be one I choose to play.
They mark on a 20 point scale. Also it means they thought the game was great, what more can you really want?

Old 10-04-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EE how was the original Alan Wake? I wanted to get it but never got around to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
EE how was the original Alan Wake? I wanted to get it but never got around to it.
It wasn't the greatest game ever, but I found it to be pretty damn enjoyable. It's kind of hard to due it justice with a description, but playing a Stephen King novel was a lot of fun in the end. It's just a really well made, entertaining game from top to bottom. Top notch presentation too, the episodic thing made for very natural points to stop at and was just generally fun.

Quote:
oh, definitely. i assume i'll pick it up for pc at some point, just to dick around with modding it. i love his engines, he just really desperately needs to hire some decent designers to do things with his tech.
Kind of a shame if you think about it. I'm still looking forward to it. It's come in the mail....but Dark Souls takes priority.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-04-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I've played about an hour of RAGE. It's absolutely gorgeous. I really like it so far. The gunplay feels Bioshock like, actually. Lots of iron sight action, too.

I could already tell the enemy type clones will get annoying and their recycled dialogue, but I'm having fun with it.

A lot of people tried to dismiss the Borderlands similarities. But it does play like Borderlands, the map layouts and quests are very similar. The primary difference right now, is that it's prettier and the NPCs can actually talk.

And you get right into the action...you get attacked like a second after you step out of your containment vault. I'm not so sure how this will be paced, but I for one love some build up. Fallout had a long story building sequence before you stepped outside and I loved that. Here, you pretty much start at the point of exiting the vaut. The opening cinematics are pretty cool, at least.

But yeah...think Borderlands, Bioshock, and some Fallout and you get RAGE.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-05-2011, 02:45 AM    (permalink
DanZilla
Rookie

DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DanZilla is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The R2D2 looks pretty cool. And its only a $50 difference *shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Maybe Danzilla is a multi-millionaire who has been busy making bank the last few years and hasn't had time for gaming?
I haven't had time to play these last few years but recently been playing at my friends house. I think its time to buy my own and back away from my more expensive hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
The Star Wars xbox comes with Kinect. I don't know how much those sell used though, but as he said he would sell it to get the game he wants.
Yeah, I wish it didnt come with that SW kinect game or the Kinect system part. I just want the console and controller.

As much as I procastinate, I know both consoles will be in my household at the end of it all :D Thanks for your input, everyone.
DanZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:26 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I'd get the Star Wars one, it looks pretty badass

Old 10-05-2011, 04:05 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I've played about an hour of RAGE. It's absolutely gorgeous. I really like it so far. The gunplay feels Bioshock like, actually. Lots of iron sight action, too.

I could already tell the enemy type clones will get annoying and their recycled dialogue, but I'm having fun with it.

A lot of people tried to dismiss the Borderlands similarities. But it does play like Borderlands, the map layouts and quests are very similar. The primary difference right now, is that it's prettier and the NPCs can actually talk.

And you get right into the action...you get attacked like a second after you step out of your containment vault. I'm not so sure how this will be paced, but I for one love some build up. Fallout had a long story building sequence before you stepped outside and I loved that. Here, you pretty much start at the point of exiting the vaut. The opening cinematics are pretty cool, at least.

But yeah...think Borderlands, Bioshock, and some Fallout and you get RAGE.
20 hours, I'm told. Not that interested in Rage.