Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-05-2011, 06:03 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RAGE looks pretty mediocre to me. They're really hyping the angle that it's from the guy who made Doom and Quake, but both of those games were incredibly repetitive and bland. I don't really have any interest in getting it to be honest. I'm probably not going to pick up Dark Souls either. I like to play games for a couple hours a week to unwind, but that doesn't seem like the type of game that would fit what I'm looking for.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I'm probably not going to pick up Dark Souls either. I like to play games for a couple hours a week to unwind, but that doesn't seem like the type of game that would fit what I'm looking for.
That's not necessarily the case. It really doesn't require a huge time commitment or any kind of grinding. It's just a challenging game with a pretty steep skill curve. The "unwinding" part might not be the case, but it's not an eat your life game on the surface. A lot of depth if you want to look for it though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grinding definitely made Demon Souls a lot easier.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else with 2k12 finding rebounding insanely hard? I'm a Center, and in the rookie showcase I got 7 rebounds, but ever since I was drafted I can't get even 5. I dominated rebounding in 2k11 but I can't catch a break in this one. I don't box out, the opposing player gets it. I box out and jump for it, a guard gets it. Guards lead my team in rebounding every game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since I've moved back to Dallas I've been really lazy and haven't picked up a wireless adapter to get back online. Longest I've went without it and Netflix. But I'll be back up and running tonight woot lol. Was supposed to be short term back in March, don't know how I made it this long.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And on that note, has anyone ever had this problem:

Purchased my xbox live subscription online with my xbox account or whatever. But when I turn on the xbox it still has me on as an xbox live free user. I

Quote:
Old 10-05-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

edit: no worries. I just found the 3 month pre-pay that gives you a redeem code through email instead of ordering online.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 10-05-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone want to try and finish horde mode with me at some stage? I got up to wave 39 with one other person and only have 12 to go!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Anyone want to try and finish horde mode with me at some stage? I got up to wave 39 with one other person and only have 12 to go!
Sorry man just finished Horde mode myself. Gonna play some campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mean right now, I mean soon! Like in the next week or so...

Old 10-06-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mmm RAGE in Breaking Bad and Breaking Bad in RAGE. :)

For those that watch Breaking Bad, Jesse was playing RAGE in the one episode and Id decided to put a little Breaking Bad in RAGE. I found Tuco's grill trophy in a sherrif's office when I was playing yesterday. Awesome.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I don't mean right now, I mean soon! Like in the next week or so...
Well than of course, I would play a game after the Bruins tonight if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
mmm RAGE in Breaking Bad and Breaking Bad in RAGE. :)

For those that watch Breaking Bad, Jesse was playing RAGE in the one episode and Id decided to put a little Breaking Bad in RAGE. I found Tuco's grill trophy in a sherrif's office when I was playing yesterday. Awesome.
That makes me want to go out and buy the game right meow.

Quote:
Old 10-06-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm installing Rage(PS3 version lulz....better textures and 1 disc) right now to play around with for a bit. I mostly just want to see how it looks in full motion.

Dark Souls takes priority, though haha. Now if only I could get the damn glue off of my collectors edition case.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-06-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

My friend is letting me borrow Dark Souls when he is finished with it so that saves me like 60 bucks right there.

If anyone would wanna play some gears from now until whenever I will be sitting around eating/relaxing and looking for something to do until I go out later so let me know. I'll play horde, multiplayer, whatever.

Quote:
Old 10-06-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Well than of course, I would play a game after the Bruins tonight if you want.

I appreciate the offer Jvig, but I'm at uni until the weekend which means our gamingn times don't match up at all. It'll probably be a spur of the moment thing one weekend!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played some Gears online for the first time in about a week today. The time off did me good. Went 12-3 and 16-6 in my last two ranked team deathmatch games.

I'm sure that is probably a fluke, but I had a solid day today.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-06-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm seeing how some are disappointed with Rage already. It's just kind of....boring. What it does it does very well, don't get me wrong. It just should do a lot more. I don't know, I'm still early in, but it's falling further and further down my priority list. Don't think I would have paid full price for it if I had bought it for myself. Not without some kind of viable multiplayer mode or a deeper experience. Oh, and there's tech issues too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-06-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm seeing how some are disappointed with Rage already. It's just kind of....boring. What it does it does very well, don't get me wrong. It just should do a lot more. I don't know, I'm still early in, but it's falling further and further down my priority list. Don't think I would have paid full price for it if I had bought it for myself. Not without some kind of viable multiplayer mode or a deeper experience. Oh, and there's tech issues too.
I can see some calling it boring. Because it's structured a lot like Borderlands. I am however liking it a lot more than Borderlands. Talkative NPCs and just the town life, goes a long way. The music and general ambience is well done too. I just wish there was a deeper story here.

Also...it kind of sucks that the beautiful "open world" is rather fraudulent. There are tons of barriers. It's very pretty...but a lot of it is cut off. Same thing in the towns. There are so many inaccessible doors and what not. It's disappointing. It's def. a lot more shooter than RPG. And that kind of sucks. The world they created def. lends itself better to RPG, but it's shallow in that regard. Also this mix of FPS and racing is still kind of odd to me. There are so many quests that just revolve around racing and like timed racing/carrier quests and stuff. It's a little weird.

I figured there wouldnt be much of a story with Id at the healm. But I do still find myself liking it...about 3 hours in.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-06-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It takes a lot to get me to shell out $60 these days and Rage just didn't seem like it was worth it for me. I loved Doom and Quake when they were the first and only decent FPS's on the market until Half-Life... But those game just don't appeal to me at all anymore.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I beat AC2 and ACB over the last 2 weeks. I played AC2 on ps3 and could not stand the constant screen tearing. I played ACB on 360 and not only were the graphics way better but the screen tearing was non-existent for most of the game (the screen tearing did come back halfway through the game). Can't wait for Revelations.. i just hope they add more epic set pieces throughout the story. Brotherhood was amazing for the first hour because of the attack on the Villa and then modern Italy, the rest of the game was the same city over and over. Revelations needs to have these epic Uncharted-like set pieces throughout the story on top of the open world.

Also, I gave in and bought RAGE for 360. Seems like only hardcore RPG fans are disappointed with it and that I am not.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

How many chapters are in Gears?

Quote:
Old 10-07-2011, 01:28 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I played some Gears online for the first time in about a week today. The time off did me good. Went 12-3 and 16-6 in my last two ranked team deathmatch games.

I'm sure that is probably a fluke, but I had a solid day today.
nah, im not the best but during the day i can rape... although when i try to play when i get off work(11pm or later) i get destroyed, any time during the day before about 9pm im the champ, it would help if i had a team though... rolling solo is not the way to achieve success in deathmatch for damn sure, im at 1.5 k/d right now
Old 10-07-2011, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

My K/D is right around 1.9-2.0 for the most part but I primarily play solo in King of the Hill so I can exploit people a little easier.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:58 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Only kill/death ratio I care about is deathmatch. That's what I mean when I ask. I dont even pay attention to the other kill/death ratios. During King of the Hill, I like to kamikazee to break the points. haha. So I'll typically die a lot in that game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-07-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
I beat AC2 and ACB over the last 2 weeks. I played AC2 on ps3 and could not stand the constant screen tearing. I played ACB on 360 and not only were the graphics way better but the screen tearing was non-existent for most of the game (the screen tearing did come back halfway through the game). Can't wait for Revelations.. i just hope they add more epic set pieces throughout the story. Brotherhood was amazing for the first hour because of the attack on the Villa and then modern Italy, the rest of the game was the same city over and over. Revelations needs to have these epic Uncharted-like set pieces throughout the story on top of the open world.

Also, I gave in and bought RAGE for 360. Seems like only hardcore RPG fans are disappointed with it and that I am not.
I can't wait for AC3. Just disappointing that I have to buy the game and can't rent it. Hmmm maybe I'll just wait a few weeks buy the used one play it through and return it within a week. I loved AC2, never played the first one cause people said it was repetitive and boring. I can't wait to see what the third one has.