Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-07-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dark Souls is pretty much the best game ever.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to buy Demon's Souls soon enough...but I still dont know if I'll like the series. All I know is it's hard as balls and there is no story.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-07-2011 at 01:07 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really enjoying RAGE...but speaking of no stories. lol. It's just as bad as Borderlands in that regard, it's just more entertaining and lively imo, though. But, at least Borderlands gave you one main quest, which was to find that vault. Even know all that was a bunch of weak BS. Here, you pretty much wake up from your cryogenic sleep and you're thrown right in the action. Just survive and help these other people survive, pretty much. I heard there is a central focus eventually, but it's really slow to develop. I'm 5 hours in and I'm just doing odd jobs for people.

And yeah, even though they have their similarities...I greatly prefer RAGE to Borderlands.

edit...As for something else RAGE related. Mutant Bash TV is freaking awesome in the game. I just wish there were more levels to it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-07-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm going to buy Demon's Souls soon enough...but I still dont know if I'll like it ther series. All I know is it's hard as balls and there is no story.
It's not a series. Dark Souls is just a follow-up. I actually wouldn't bother with Demons Souls and just go get Dark Souls. They took out a lot of the parts that were hard from just not being reasonable to have expected you to figure it out.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's not a series. Dark Souls is just a follow-up. I actually wouldn't bother with Demons Souls and just go get Dark Souls. They took out a lot of the parts that were hard from just not being reasonable to have expected you to figure it out.
It is a series. It's just more of spiritual succesor. But still, Dark Souls is the one I heard that def. has no story. I'm not even sure about Demon's Souls here.

Normally, it's not really my thing to just pick up and play in this fashion. I like having an actual central narrative or focus. Keeps me much more entertained and enthralled in the game.

Killing ****, just to kill ****....or doing aimless or trivial quest after quest, with no payoff, or even a real reason to do so...that would wear pretty thin with me. Pretty much the main reason why I hated Borderlands.

edit...funny enough, RAGE is of pretty similar fashion (lacking a strong narrative) and I like it. But yeah, I really prefer my games to have some kind of central narrative. Otherwise things can get rather tedious or mundane for me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-07-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, there's a huge puzzle game element to Demons Souls. I didn't have time to play it when it came out and ended up trading it before getting too far into it. Dark Souls seems like a much better game.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm going to buy Demon's Souls soon enough...but I still dont know if I'll like the series. All I know is it's hard as balls and there is no story.
There's a story for sure. It's just really, really vague. It's an active part of the experience though and there's even some CRAZY things you can piece together if you are willing to go far enough down the rabbit hole. But yeah, most of the story is what you make of it. It's one of those rare games where the mechanics and the story are actually tied together too. It's kind of hard to explain, but this defiantly isn't a Borderland type thing where everything is just sort of thrown together and fleshed out half way. This is more of an atmospheric type thing...and that is the story.

As far as skipping straight to Dark Souls...it's possible. It's defiantly not essential to play Demon's Souls by any means, but Demon's Souls is actually a whole lot easier to get into than Dark Souls. There's a bit of an entry barrier in this one, for a few different reasons. Chief among them being the open world element. It can feel a little overwhelming at first when combined with the nature of the game and how spaced out some of the essential things are at the start of the game. It does get better as things go on, but the hub world of Demon's Souls can be a little more forgiving in a lot of instances. Either way, you'll be getting a hell of a game if you have the patience(again, not time. Doesn't take a lot of time) to learn to play and the mechanics of the game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-07-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone played the new X-Men game? Not sure if there are any other comic books fans out there, but the old X-men games actually used to be pretty badass. The new one looks cool in that you're given the opportunity to create your own character, unlock powers and then join X-men or the brotherhood, but I hadn't read anything about it until I ran into it at EB Games the other day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

It got horrible reviews.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Did it? I was curious about what the scores were. I heard the new Spiderman sucks too. Which is a little surprising because it's the same team that made the last successful one.

Then again...**** Dragon Age 2.

I'm still so butt hurt by that damn game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-07-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I had a ton of fun with DA2.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It got horrible reviews.
Pretty unfortunate. X-Men games used to be AWESOME. Remember Legends and Legends II? Those games were insanely wicked to play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I had a ton of fun with DA2.
Incredible downgrade from Origins. Bioware pissed off so much of their fanbase with that game. It missed the mark with so many people. And the storyline was so boring, I may never replay the thing. I have very lengthy DA2 write ups in here. I was soooooo disappointed in this sequel. And I'm far from alone, this game was panned to hell by diehard bioware fans and just Dragon Age fans alike. It had some moments...but it was completely forgetable, anticlimactic, and overall just tedious. The recycled dungeons didnt help, either. The fact that the whole game takes place in tiny Kirkwall is maddening. And it's supposed to stretch over 10 year or so...but you've seen and been everywhere just a few hours in and nothing really changes over those 10 years. It def. seemed like a rushed mess. I thought Hawke was going to be so bad ass, based off of what they were showing early...nope.

There was a recent article about how Bioware was "caught off guard" by all the negative fan reaction and how they have their work cut out for them in finding the right balance to please their fanbase. The game has like a 4.0 user rating on Metacritic, too. DA:3 is probably doomed. I'm not even interested in it, after playing DA:2, which is really sad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-07-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

It was certainly a downgrade from DAO, but I liked it as a game and the possibilities for where they'll take the story next seem really promising. Maybe the story of the Hawke family in Kirkwall might have been better as kind of a Dragon Age: Hawke Chronicles than a straight sequel (?). But they make Hawke a super-important character in the grand scheme of the DA Universe, so they really couldn't do that.

My mage Hawke was actually pretty bad ass. I had a lot of fun with the different party make-ups, but I did miss the control you had over everything in DA:O (also why I don't like ME2 compared to ME1).

The only thing that I was really disappointed with was the way it ended. I liked the wrap-up, but both faction leaders' turns at the end were really lame.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I remember the game getting better as it wore on, I even posted about how I enjoyed it at times. And I did like the final boss battle, as weird as it was. But reflecting on it now, as the months have passed. It really doesnt sit well with me. It just seems like such a poor effort on their part. And the story itself, is horrible. I know we dont always have to be saving the world in some epic battle. But it would make for a much better story than Hawke's rather tame/reserved political tale, in claustrophobic Kirkwall. The game just had some terrible pacing issues and pretty much a dead set of NPCs and a city which never really changed over the years. The main quests all felt like side quests...it was just tedious. I also like the first round of companions much more than this group, but that's just me.

Also...sadly, ACT I is ******* terrible. It really drags on and they really failed to set the game up effectively. The terrible opening ACT was a big reason why a lot of people didnt even finish the game. After the Deep Roads, things start to pick up a bit and there are a few cool moments after that. But there really wasnt enough here, for me to really love this game. And I hated the changes to the NPC interaction. I felt my relationships in the first game were much stronger than in this one.

Not even delving into other complaints involving the weapons and armor and what not. I hated the skill tree as well.

It's funny reading my old posts, while I was playing...I went from really enjoying myself, to quickly second guessing everything. And that feeling of tiredness or bordom had begun to set in.

The game's not fresh in my mind right now...but it was certainly a disappointment, imo. And if 3 is anything like 2...I dont want it. DA: 2 just really seemed to drag on and on at points.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-07-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All that matters is Batman AC comes in like two weeks so all other comic video games don't matter. I think I'm going to get mine at Best Buy so I can get Robin, he looks more badass than batman does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Are Robin and Nightwing actually in the story mode or just challenge maps?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-07-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Robin at least is just in the challenge mode. NightWing isn't official yet, Catwoman I know you can play through campaign with. I really hate having to wait almost two weeks for this game.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, Dragon Age II was a turd. Just a really lazy game. I really got into it with MOTH and BeerBaron when it was released about it, so I won't get too much into it....but yeah, my opinion has not changed over time. Haven't purchased any of the DLC for the game like I did with Origins and don't plan to either. It didn't sell as well after an initial burst of sales upon release either, and ended up with inferior numbers. Bioware's reputation really took a hit with that one and rightfully so. I'm really looking forward to playing The Witcher 2 when it comes out early next year to get the taste of that one out of my mouth.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-07-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I believe Robin at least is just in the challenge mode. NightWing isn't official yet, Catwoman I know you can play through campaign with. I really hate having to wait almost two weeks for this game.
I have to wait until Nov since I'm getting it on PC. I got the game for free with my new nvidia graphics card though so I have no complaints.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The end song of gears of war is possibly worse than a nickelback song.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-07-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worse than Nickelback? Unlikely.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I am the biggest Nickelback hater in the world I assure you, I believe they are the cause of everything that is wrong with the world. But This song is right on par with nickelbacks work.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-07-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/...g-system/91206

The next best thing to portable gaming.An All in one system set up.ANy one get it yet ?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would anyone need that?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote