Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 10-05-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I think safety was obviously a weakness of this team heading into free agency, the draft and the season. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, because it means we have improved at more important positions. If we get mediocre play out of the safeties and possibly get Tanard back, we should be in a good position.
If we get Tanard back, we'll be in great position. Offenses and QBs need to know that he's a ball hawk back there and probably a top 3 Safety in the NFC. I mean, just watch him when he's played. He reads the eyes of QBs very well and doesn't let WRs get behind him. The secondary and pass defense overall would get a HUGE boost with him back there.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Yeah, but our safety play is very weak. Every writer and analyst is blaming Talib for that 87 yard blown coverage, but what they don't know is Sean Jones was out of position, AGAIN!
I could be wrong, but watching the replay from the top-down angle it looked like Talib was watching the QB and trying to bait him but was too late. It definitely looked like his fault.

Whether that was Jones' fault or not our safety play has been a strength of the team so far. Once again it looks like you're being an Asante homer and using Jones as a scapegoat.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I could be wrong, but watching the replay from the top-down angle it looked like Talib was watching the QB and trying to bait him but was too late. It definitely looked like his fault.

Whether that was Jones' fault or not our safety play has been a strength of the team so far. Once again it looks like you're being an Asante homer and using Jones as a scapegoat.
Not at all. Jones has been decent this year, but he's an average safety. WHen he's got someone like Corey Lynch playing next to him, then he's not going to be very good.

During the game, there were many occasions where they were in cover 2 and they went deep, and you see Corey Lynch scurrying over late to his assignment, only to be bailed out with the ball being overthrown.

Lynch is going to be a HUGE weak point and teams are going to find him. He's blowing assignments and that's going to kill the Bucs against better passing teams.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not at all. Jones has been decent this year, but he's an average safety. WHen he's got someone like Corey Lynch playing next to him, then he's not going to be very good.

During the game, there were many occasions where they were in cover 2 and they went deep, and you see Corey Lynch scurrying over late to his assignment, only to be bailed out with the ball being overthrown.

Lynch is going to be a HUGE weak point and teams are going to find him. He's blowing assignments and that's going to kill the Bucs against better passing teams.
Yeah I agree that Jones is average but who cares if he's doing his job. I want Asante to start over Lynch but Lynch hasn't been exposed yet so there's no sense guaranteeing it's gonna happen. Lynch was pretty clutch against Atlanta.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Technically, Lynch was exposed, but by a bad QB overthrowing his WR on his blown assignments. Teams like san fransisco and especially New Orleans are going to see that as they prepare for the Bucs in the upcoming weeks. More or likely they'll execute on those throws.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

New Orleans is a huge threat to our defense but I don't think San Fran is. We can scheme against them similar to how we did against Indy. San Fran is 3-1 because of takeaways and taking care of the football.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
New Orleans is a huge threat to our defense but I don't think San Fran is. We can scheme against them similar to how we did against Indy. San Fran is 3-1 because of takeaways and taking care of the football.
Kind of similar to us, but we're more talented.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

We've lucked out by Freeman's INTs being dropped, but we've also dropped some INTs.

San Fran will be a tough game unless Freeman becomes more efficient and the offense starts clicking earlier. If we get those early penalties and get in long yardage situations they'll capitalize. Their offense doesn't intimidate me at all though now that we're shutting down the run game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Agreed. San Fransisco's running game has been invisible. Last week they broke out against Philly, but everyone has been able to run on there defense, as they don;'t have any LBs that are starter worthy.

If we shut down the run game, we should take away the pass. Ronde Barber has been on teams opposing TEs and defended well, so he can take out Vernon Davis.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stocker being out this week hurts so much. Their front 7 will dominate our OL, hope im wrong. This is a game in which Freeman needs to start playing GREAT. He's been good, but not GREAT. 3 straight games of redzone ints/dropped int.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

The 49ers play a lot of Man to Man coverage, so this could be a day where Mike Williams could breakout. He's been seeing a ton of zone coverage.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The 49ers play a lot of Man to Man coverage, so this could be a day where Mike Williams could breakout. He's been seeing a ton of zone coverage.
Agree 100%. San Fran has struggled in the secondary and Williams is due.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-08-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I was watching some film and NFL Network anaylsts were breaking down Mike Williams going into the 49er game. He's been struggling with his route running. Allowing DBs to cut him off to the outside in 1 on 1 and not gaining leverage on the inside.

I'm starting to believe the reason Freeman is "struggling" is due to the lack of WR play this year, and I think it's a HUGE reason.