Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-27-2011, 03:12 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's definitely better than Stanzi? Landry? Meh...I don't see how he's obviously better than Stanzi. RG3? I could side with that, but I doubt they go in that direction. Stanzi is a legit prospect. I'd rather roll with him than anyone aside from Barkley/Luck considering they already have him in their system. Same reason they don't draft an OT. They'd rather go with Richardson, who has good experience with the team than draft a guy who wouldn't for-sure be able to out-perform him in the present and even in the future.

They're not going to win just 4-5 games for the whole season. They'll have 4-5 wins going into the gauntlet. Where they go from there really depends on how the team adjusts and develops in that time span. We could be looking at a team that has a chance to win some games in that gauntlet.

You play to win because this team needs that success. They're really close to being one of the best teams in the NFL. They lack playmakers and depth. They're one off-season away from getting a full package out on the field, but they're still good enough to contend for the playoffs this year. It just got a lot harder from losing two games they expected to win and losing key players to injury.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:13 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry will not be a successful QB unless he has time to sit two years guaranteed. But that can be said about most college QBs.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs are not good enough to contend for the playoffs this year. Where do you get this stuff? I'm really starting to wonder if you've even watched the Chiefs play this year.

Usually you pumping rainbow and sunshine into our asses is nice, but you're way off base here.

edit: Has any team started 0-3 and made the playoffs?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 09-27-2011 at 10:34 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be tough because they're behind and have a grueling schedule, but yes...they are good enough to contend for the AFC West. We saw that Sunday. Is it unlikely that they'll take the division at this point? Yeah...they have to go 10-3, 9-4 at worst the rest of the way. But it's not something that's totally out of the question at this point, and certainly something they should still be striving for.

I know it sounds like rainbows and sunshine, but that's because you're so far into the doom & gloom side of things. I'm going by what I've seen.

First two games I saw an offense that didn't have their **** together. That's mainly on the coaches. They had guys out there who had no business on the field. Defensively, they played pretty solid compared to the rest of the NFL (defense is down early this year on a whole), but only did so for the first 2 quarters, then laid down.

Sunday, against one of the best teams in the NFL, the defense showed up and the offense found an identity. They stopped putting guys out there who couldn't contribute, and benefited from that decision. The offense moved the ball against a really good defense in the second half. Bowe got going and Cassel was able to find Pope and Breaston, and the whole offense opened up.

First two games aside, if you just look at what they did Sunday as the first game of the season (that's really how I'm looking at it), are you really all that discouraged moving forward in this season?
Old 09-27-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the offense had 34 yards of offense, which is just plain offensive, in the 1st half, 0 1st downs and nothing going right. SD is a poorly coached team and they took their foot off the accelerator. even though the score didn't dictate it, they felt the game was in hand. the Chargers playing lazy in the 2nd half against a crap team is what let the Chiefs back into it and make it a game. now, after getting off the gas, SD had to turn it back on at the end and that's easier said than done.

i watched this game and saw a team that was over matched in every phase while SD played their good, not great, game. if SD had any other coach besides Norv Turner, we're looking at another 3 TD loss today. Norv seems to get the least production (wins, SB, playoff wins, whatever) out of the most talent.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couldn't have said it better myself King Carl. The Chargers underwhelm every September.. and then they get on a roll. It's no different here. They let us hang around when they should have put us away, but the Chargers are always awful in September under Norv.

You're acting like we stayed strong with a good team, and we didn't. The Chargers aren't playing good football right now. They're playing ok football. And them, playing ok football, beat us.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alright, i had my first glimpse at Barkley and RGIII today. not as big of a fan of Barkley as some others. he has plenty of room to grow, but he seems like more of a high end project. giving him a couple years on the bench would do him a big favor. RGIII on the other hand is very impressive. he is an athletic QB that has already a better sense of the pocket than most college and even NFL QBs. he know when to run and when to throw. his accuracy on the deep throws is superb. i really like Griffin. videa, i blame you. never would have thought to look at Baylor for a QB.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RG3 beasted today it sounds like. I wil have to keep an eye. I love Luck and Barks right now
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm a bigger fan of Barkley after today, but I love RG3 too. Obviously I want Luck, but if all three of these guys come out we'll at least have some options if we don't have the first pick.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:47 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to keep a keen eye on Landry Jones sirs. VIDAE PAY ATTENTION!!!!
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I see you Branden Albert. Albert has played like the LTOTF this year, I do still think we need an OT. Kelechi Osemele in the early 2nd would be beastly at RT, and their are plenty of 2nd-3rd round types that could start day one at RT. I will be keeping an eye on a ton of guys here on out.

Guys like Andrew Datko, Bobby Massie, Levy Adcock, Ricky Wagner, Mike Adams, Nate Potter, Tanner Hawkinson, Matt Reynolds are all guys you can see (if they declare) in rounds 2-4
Quote:
Old 10-08-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Landry Jones vs. Texas 10/08/2011

Game Notes:
Easy first drive there, nothing great nothing bad. Had no room on the fade route.

2nd drive: We see how Landry performs with pressure in his face, the offensive play calling does not allow for down field throws, Landry does a good job finding people under neath. Shows good zip and snap on his throw to Stills. 3rd and 3, was a ****** play all in all. Pressured on the roll out, throws the ball away.

3rd drive: I would like the offense to attack down field more. The receiver getting separation, the o line struggled a bit that 2nd drive. Great back foot throw on the TD. Nice touch and placement, decent zip. Called back though. That was moxy on the TD throw, faked the short, waited, waited, pumped then threw it deep. Nice throw.

4th drive : 2nd and 5 nice zip on that slant route, good placement and timing. nice play by Jones on the push off. Threw it short on purpose back shoulder, nice. On the audible, saw something in the defense changed the play great timing on the throw, good zip. this has been an impressive drive, lets see if they can get 7 not just 3. Nice throw on the TD, made some reads, saw nothing, then threw a perfect throw on the TD. wow.

5th drive : Wide open throw, nice play there by Jones needs to bring the ball up a bit. Good throw. Awful play by the WR. Nice touch on those short throws. Nice throw on the deep one to Broyles. Two drops on that drive on two very good throws.

6th drive : I have no idea what happened that first throw. That was a weird final play. Didnt like it but whatevs. This game is getting out of hands. I give Landry a A-/B+ thus far. Would like to see a few drives.

7th drive: Weird play there where he made several reads. Nice dump pass on the screen. Nice throw to broyles down field, wow. Another nice throw on the TD

That drive was engineered so well. That gives him an A for the day lol. Nice touch shown on that drive, good ball placement, velocity, footwork, etc. I really liked that drive a lot.
Quote:

Last edited by bored of education : 10-08-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed good sir.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Landry Jones has impressed me so far this game.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Chiefs get Landry I'm so calling him Lance.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Haha, as will I good sir, as will I.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Ok, I'll admit it boe, I may have been wrong about Jones.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

That last drive was unreal.
Quote:
Old 10-08-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Ok, I'll admit it boe, I may have been wrong about Jones.
quoted for truth?
Quote:
Old 10-08-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

alright.... Jones has played well. i hate that. a QB from OU playing for the Chiefs is a nightmare of mine. the only place worse than OU would be a QB from Big Red country (very much dislike the Cornholers). i guess i should be looking at it from a different perspective. it's more important to have a large quantity of possible franchise QBs than only 1. Luck is the best. i think all of the known universe is in agreement there. if there are 2, 3 or even 4 more QBs that have alot of talent, then the odds are better for the Chiefs because i think our Suck 4 Luck campaign is looking very unlikely (thanx Dolphins, Colts and Seahawks!). my only fear is that this is another 1999 QB class, tons of potential, even more disappointment. at least now, with the new rookie wage scale, it won't put the Chiefs in a 5 year hole. rather just a hole as long as the HC and GM are willing to stand by their man.

back 2 the point Jones does look pretty good. i wish i saw more zip on his passes. i feel like he only zips it when he needs to and throwing against Texas' soft coverage is much different than making plays in the NFL. look at Brees and Rodgers. they zip it on damn near every play. they only put touch on it when that is called for.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
alright.... Jones has played well. i hate that. a QB from OU playing for the Chiefs is a nightmare of mine. the only place worse than OU would be a QB from Big Red country (very much dislike the Cornholers). i guess i should be looking at it from a different perspective. it's more important to have a large quantity of possible franchise QBs than only 1. Luck is the best. i think all of the known universe is in agreement there. if there are 2, 3 or even 4 more QBs that have alot of talent, then the odds are better for the Chiefs because i think our Suck 4 Luck campaign is looking very unlikely (thanx Dolphins, Colts and Seahawks!). my only fear is that this is another 1999 QB class, tons of potential, even more disappointment. at least now, with the new rookie wage scale, it won't put the Chiefs in a 5 year hole. rather just a hole as long as the HC and GM are willing to stand by their man.

back 2 the point Jones does look pretty good. i wish i saw more zip on his passes. i feel like he only zips it when he needs to and throwing against Texas' soft coverage is much different than making plays in the NFL. look at Brees and Rodgers. they zip it on damn near every play. they only put touch on it when that is called for.

I see that one some throws then I see him zip some really well. Definitely needs to do it on every throw unless its one you need touch.
Quote:
Old 10-08-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

that was first half. i will drop some more stuff but not as detailed as im bored as hell
Quote:
Old 10-08-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Luck, Barkley, RG3, Jones in that order for me, but I'd be happy with any of them.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Andrew Luck looked him typical self and he will be the first overall pick unless the Rams have the pick, maybe something interesting would happen there. But Luck to me is a stud and will be a very successful quarterback.

Landry Jones impressed me yesterday. He has a very good arm but is sometimes inconsistent in using it with some floaters on shorter/intermediate routes. He can make that 25 yard dig throw from opposite hash, the back shoulder fade, slants, deep seem. Very good release and throwing motion. He has quiet feet which is a good thing. The offensive system brings out the best in him, but when he needs to make throws he delivered almost all the time yesterday. I only saw 3-4 bad throws, but I also saw 5-7 drops. So his game could have been near flawless with a few catches by his receivers. I liked Landry a lot in the 12-15 range going into this year. If he continues his success and improves on this performance through the game vs. Okie St then I could easily see him working his way in to the top 5-7 range.

Right now the Quarterback rankings are:
Andrew Luck
Matt Barkley
Landry Jones
Robert Griffin 3
Ryan Tannehill
Nick Foles
Ryan Lindley

Those last three are guys, if Cassel turns around this season could be drafted in the 2nd and groom with the idea that they could beat Cassel for the job in the preseason.

But as of now one of the top 3 are what I am pushing for. I'd rather have a team that goes 4-12 and the chance of drafting one of the top 3 then a 7-9 team and miss out on those top 4.
Quote:

Last edited by bored of education : 10-09-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

this is the Chiefs remaining schedule. it would be hard for even the most optimistic Chiefs fan to find 6 more victories on this schedule. today plays a big factor in that as well. if the Chiefs lose today, a top 5 pick is almost guaranteed

@ Indy - W?
BYE
@ Oakland - L
San Diego - L
Miami - W
Denver - W
@ New England - L
Pittsburgh - L
@ Chicago - L
@ NY Jets - L
Green Bay - L
Oakland - L
@ Denver - L

i got 4-12 even winning today. even if we win 1 of the "Gauntlet Games", we're still 5-12

1 thing about Jones that i didn't pay attention to was his protection. how good is his OLine at OU? 1 knock on Bradford coming out was his OLine was so good, you never really saw him deal with adversity. i know it's unfair to compare Jones to Bradford, but they both play in the same system. how does Jones play when the line collapses on him? does he tuck it and run or move around in the pocket and keep looking down field? or option 3, Cassel's Fav, freak out, freeze and just get sacked.