Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Such a good effort. Dominated from coaching to special teams. The team was completely prepared for this game.

Tougher game against a team that will be a harder matchup next week.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I'm just happy we can compete. The past decade has been brutal. I'm not expecting to win the super bowl, but I want to compete with good teams (or blow them the **** out like today)!
Agreed. Just to hang with some of the other better teams in the NFL at this point is all I ask, and for us to get better, which seems to be happening. Before this game I mentioned this could define our season. Or rather, this was a vital game that could get a long way and tell us a lot about the team. We were 3-1, and in the last few years we would have just fell apart with this opportunity. Instead we finally took a stand and choose our destiny ourselves. And we took it and ran with it. We're 4-1 for the first time since 2002. Teams like New Orleans, Detroit and Green Bay still scare me, but we're getting better every week it seems and if things keep going our way we'll be back on top.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I'd like to add that hopefully this win marks the end of Rachal as a starter. Still think Synder is not a long term answer but the unit just functions better with him in there at RG. O-Line had a stellar game today. And Bruce Miller is looking better and better each week. Have to contine to give Baalke props on this last draft. Even CK looked good today. Future looks bright for the first time in a long time.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldon, CK, Culliver, Hunter, Miller, Jones all contributed today. Not bad considering this is only week 5 and we still have Kilgore and Person developing in the weight room.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to MM, Morgan fractured his ankle. **** that hurts our O. I think we bring back Zeigler. Hopefully he's been working out and improving his knee after being cut. I don't see us picking up a guy who has to learn the offense from scratch and I dont see us going after a smallish WR like Lance Long or Jurovich with both Ginn and Williams on the roster. So who starts next week? I guess Ginn and Crabtree. And is Ginn or Williams still our #1 and #2 returners with us so depleated at WR? Think we might see Cully get his first action on returns.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Receivers just take up positions that could be occupied by linemen and tightends. Next week, the zero receiver set.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On behalf of Saints fans everywhere -
Thank you.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
Old 10-09-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
According to MM, Morgan fractured his ankle. **** that hurts our O. I think we bring back Zeigler. Hopefully he's been working out and improving his knee after being cut. I don't see us picking up a guy who has to learn the offense from scratch and I dont see us going after a smallish WR like Lance Long or Jurovich with both Ginn and Williams on the roster. So who starts next week? I guess Ginn and Crabtree. And is Ginn or Williams still our #1 and #2 returners with us so depleated at WR? Think we might see Cully get his first action on returns.
Depends on whether Morgan ends up on IR or not. If he doesn't, we'll probably stick with Crab/Ginn/Williams.

If he goes on IR...how about poaching Hogan from the NY Giants? Last listed at 6'2, 200lbs. Zeigler is definitely another option.

Hunter has been playing upback for the KR, and I think Dixon had a few shots at the position.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

If some corners make it back, Culliver can return too.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Depends on whether Morgan ends up on IR or not. If he doesn't, we'll probably stick with Crab/Ginn/Williams.

If he goes on IR...how about poaching Hogan from the NY Giants? Last listed at 6'2, 200lbs. Zeigler is definitely another option.

Hunter has been playing upback for the KR, and I think Dixon had a few shots at the position.
Whether Morgan is put on IR or not, I highy doubt we go into any game with only 3 healthy WRs. Morgan will be out for awhile so we will sign a WR to the 53. Just a question of who at this point.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
If some corners make it back, Culliver can return too.
This is why I really wished we would have kept Phillip Adams. Injuries seem to always happen at CB, and his added value as a returner would be very helpful at a time like this. No use looking back I guess, what's done is done. Hopefully Spencer can rest the toe during the week and be ready versus Detriot. We'll need all the help we can get with Megatron.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at available WR's...slim pickings. Assuming we don't go after T.O. or Moss, Hank Baskett, Justin Gage, and T.J. Houshmanzadeh are the biggest names available. Might as well just bring back Lance Long or Dominique Ziegler for now. To make space i would have the 49ers release Moran Norris. I'd take Miller, Walker, Sopoaga, and Peele at FB over Norris.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how we're going to stop Calvin Johnson. That might be tough. At least the 49ers defense isn't going up against another elusive quarterback. Hopefully this makes it easier for our linebackers to get pressure on Stafford...assuming the defensive line gets a good enough push.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2011, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are NFL teams allowed to drop injured players?
Old 10-10-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Are NFL teams allowed to drop injured players?
if they pay an injury settlement

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-10-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
This is why I really wished we would have kept Phillip Adams. Injuries seem to always happen at CB, and his added value as a returner would be very helpful at a time like this. No use looking back I guess, what's done is done. Hopefully Spencer can rest the toe during the week and be ready versus Detriot. We'll need all the help we can get with Megatron.
Best bet is going to be beating the hell out of Stafford then Hill then whoever else they rollout.

Only so many roster spots, but I was hoping for Adams to stick as well.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
Best bet is going to be beating the hell out of Stafford then Hill then whoever else they rollout.

Only so many roster spots, but I was hoping for Adams to stick as well.
I like Adams as well but it is pretty telling (about his health) when he isn't able to stick with a struggling Pats secondary.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could use another big WR.Even though T.O time was horrible in SF,I would love to have him back.But I dunno after him over dose issue.Rather get Moss.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
We could use another big WR.Even though T.O time was horrible in SF,I would love to have him back.But I dunno after him over dose issue.Rather get Moss.
Terrell Owens was a productive receiver here. I'm assuming you mean his persona, which was terrible, and it's the very reason I don't want him back here. Not to mention the last time he was here he couldn't wait to leave. We're winning without team cancer's like Terrell Owens. Now that he's nearing the end of his career he's really not worth the investment. And he's coming off an injury. No thanks. I'd rather develop Crabtree and keep winning games the way we have been.

Quote:
Old 10-12-2011, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They signed a WR. Let's stop all this talk about T.O.

The horse is DEAD! Quit beating it. O.o

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 10-12-2011, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vote for Aldon Smith for Rookie of the Week. He was nominated for his 2 sack day against the Bucs.

http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/20...000d5d822fbc44

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 10-12-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Vote for Aldon Smith for Rookie of the Week. He was nominated for his 2 sack day against the Bucs.

http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/20...000d5d822fbc44
Awards and nominations all week for 49ers players:
Patrick Willis named NFC Defensive Player of the Week

Alex Smith won ESPN Next Level Player of the Week http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page...el-player-week

Frank Gore was nominated for Fedx Ground and Air player of the week

John Madden nominated 49ers O-line as the "Prilosec OTC Protectors" of the week (Never thought that would happen this season)
Old 10-12-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Kyle Williams can develop into that quick/shifty slot WR we've been missing, this could be a perfect blend of size, speed, height, and route running: Braylon Crabtree, Williams. You can throw in Ginn for some deep routes and you have a well-rounded group. throw n dElanie and VD and I'm happy with it.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

In what universe does someone that won't put team first get brought in to Harbaugh's blue collar approach? GTFO, Randy Moss?

Kyle Williams could be a blitz killer runnning slants with his quickness and hands. He should still have some youtube clips that show an amazing abilty to adjust to the ball in the air.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed WR Brett Swain formerly of the Packers. He seems like he could be decent and has potential. Considering the other receivers we gave try outs to, im happy we signed Swain.
Closed Thread