Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 09-24-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

Please meet Reggie Miller.

In all seriousness though, I've had my concerns about Tannehill, specifically with his accuracy and decision-making. Today, they dug his grave. He reminds me a lot of Kyle Boller. I see their games as very similar.

People really need to cool down on him. I've never viewed him as a 1st Round pick, and nor should others. Way too many flaws.

Last edited by Big Bird : 09-24-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He does have a lot of flaws, but a lot of good attributes too. He makes a ton of mistakes, and that's why he isn't a first round pick. But, he has played two years in a pro style system and has bounced back and forth between WR and QB, so development still there. He has prototypical size and his technique, release, etc. are very solid. Does he come in as a starter day one? No, but I think he can be an NFL starter in a year or two of development.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hasn't he only been starting for like 9 games or something like that? Taking that into consideration, I would say he's shown more good than bad so far and there's defiantly some things to be positive about. It just seems a little reactionary to write the guy off at this point, he doesn't have anywhere near required body of work to do that yet. That will more than likely keep him out of the first round, but the tools are good and the production has really been there at times as well. I didn't think it was all his fault today, one of the interceptions was a fluky play off a deflection and not really his fault. Seemed to be some miss-communication with the receivers at times as well. That's on him as much as it's on them, but it's understandable given his experience level. His tools are head and shoulders above every other Senior QB in the class right now, sans maybe Lindley who has his own issues.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-25-2011 at 12:19 AM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:18 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One INT - Fuller slipped and the last one it was a deflection.
Pretty sure the other was a bad decision. The turnaround of A&M is basically due to his play.

Tannehill is a good prospect, he will have a solid year. The combine will help him show off his athleticism and teams will get a feel for him - he is bright and has a good head on his shoulders.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:34 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was lacking some zip on a lot of his passes today.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy is just like Kyle Boller. You will all rave about his arm strength and athletic ability to cover up his shotty decision-making and below average accuracy. They even have similar throwing motions.

The first INT wasn't Tannehill's fault, I'll give him that. Fuller slipped. Fuller was blanketed either way and Tannehill probably should have thrown it more towards the sideline, but not completely his fault.

The second INT is inexcusable. That's just a garbage pass. There were 5 Cowboys in that area compared to one Aggie.

And the last INT, that should've been picked off by the guy that deflected it, so don't try to dust it under the rug by saying it came off a deflection. That was a terribly placed pass. The Corner showed inside shade pre-snap and stayed there the whole time. So where does Tannehill throw it? Inside shoulder. Only reason it even got deflected in the first place was because of the effort Fuller made to try and catch it.

The guy played bad in the 2nd half yesterday, plain and simple. Two of the INT's he threw were just terrible passes, the first one attributing poor decision-making, and the last one displaying below average accuracy.

Last edited by Big Bird : 09-25-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is his first full year under center. Lets wait until it all plays out. I agree he did not play his best game. A&M's running game was bad yesterday. They came out flat in the second half and did not make many adjustments. I think he is better than Boller but I would not have spent a first rounder on Boller because he could throw threw the uprights on his knees from 50 yds. I would spend a 2nd-3rd rounder on Tannehill right now.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
onebar
Rookie

onebar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tannehilll looked pretty good this past weekend.... shows alot of poise for only being a college starting quarterback for a hanful of games. His potential alone is gonna get him quite a few looks come April
onebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

I am a big fan of his, I have been disappointed the past two weeks though that he was unable to lead comebacks. The offense is putting up points with him on at QB though, I think the coaching staff and defense are more to blame for the Arkansas loss. Tannhehill's three INTs in the Ok St game were big game changers. I was hoping he would have a great senior season and garner first round consideration, now I think he will be picked in the 2nd-3rd round.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think getting Tannehill in the 2nd/3rd round is EXCELLENT value. You're getting 1st round physical talent and tools, outstanding character and smarts, and tremendous upside with a guy who's really only beginning to scratch the surface of his quarterbacking potential.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks like a developmental guy to me. I don't really trust him as a pro prospect just yet. IMO he's one of the more overrated prospects in the 2012 draft.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:05 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy I want on that A&M offense is Jeff Fuller who I predict will have the biggest and strongest hands at the combine. He made some insane catches where the ball just dead stopped in his hands.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree about Fuller. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually becomes the top rated WR in the draft after the combine.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tanneyhill has to come back for another year. Just hasn't played enough qb. He's got a good offensive mind coaching him and a pair of bookend T's. Stay in school.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The guy I want on that A&M offense is Jeff Fuller who I predict will have the biggest and strongest hands at the combine. He made some insane catches where the ball just dead stopped in his hands.
very good hands but doesnt impress me after the catch. just doesnt have the quickness. hes sure not going to blow many guys away with his speed and i just dont see a lot of killer instinct in him.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm lukewarm on Fuller. Really don't know where I stand, could be sold either way. He doesn't look like an explosive athlete or a guy that's going to get you a whole heck of a lot down the field. Good size, but I think he's certainly a lesser prospect than Michael Floyd and I would probably put him below some other guys as well, specifically Toon.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
Tanneyhill has to come back for another year. Just hasn't played enough qb. He's got a good offensive mind coaching him and a pair of bookend T's. Stay in school.
He is a senior.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm lukewarm on Fuller. Really don't know where I stand, could be sold either way. He doesn't look like an explosive athlete or a guy that's going to get you a whole heck of a lot down the field. Good size, but I think he's certainly a lesser prospect than Michael Floyd and I would probably put him below some other guys as well, specifically Toon.
I'm down on him. Fuller just doesn't look as tough or as physical as he did last year. He would always challenge for balls and be where he needed to be. He simply isn't this year. Always hate the case of, great junior year, steps back senior year.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I'm down on him. Fuller just doesn't look as tough or as physical as he did last year. He would always challenge for balls and be where he needed to be. He simply isn't this year. Always hate the case of, great junior year, steps back senior year.
I agree. I had targeted Fuller for the Bears in the 1st round, early in the year before I saw him play. But after watching the last 2-3 games, I agree with you. A couple of Tannehill's picks have come when Fuller has let a CB get in front of him and wrestle away an INT. I take that as Fuller either not being where he needed to be on his route and that he hasn't used his body to shield defenders well, which is what he needs to do when he doesn't get separation.

I had him above Floyd, but I think Floyd has taken a large step in front of Fuller. Floyd seems to demand the ball more. He seems to be making more plays in traffic this year. His body control and positioning is always top notch. Right now, Fuller looks like a 2nd rounder, but it's hard to overlook those huge hands. Still reminds me of Hakeem Nicks, who I wanted in Chicago a few drafts ago.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:57 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
One INT - Fuller slipped and the last one it was a deflection.
Pretty sure the other was a bad decision. The turnaround of A&M is basically due to his play.

Tannehill is a good prospect, he will have a solid year. The combine will help him show off his athleticism and teams will get a feel for him - he is bright and has a good head on his shoulders.
Sounds like Freeman aside from the WR transition.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not that high on Tannehill, he doesn't seem to have a lot of zip on his throws from what I've seen of him. I love his running ability but he doesn't look like a natural passer to me and will end up being overdrafted based on measurables. If I was a team that missed on Luck and wanted to take a flier on another QB I'd look at RG3.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
he has a hurt hamstring

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:03 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
The guy is just like Kyle Boller.
I disagree. Nobody is like Kyle Boller. The NFL Draft may never see another Kyle Boller. That guy played in a QB-friendly offense and still only completed 47.8% of his passes at Cal, but somehow he wound up in the first round of the draft. He averaged a pedestrian 6.1 Yards/Attempt. He didn't have good mechanics and would forget whether he was supposed to be making a 5- or 7-step drop.

There's a scene in Moneyball where the "old school" scouts are evaluating players based on things like how impressive their jawlines are, and how hot their girlfriends are. I'm pretty sure that's the same criteria that was used to evaluate Kyle Boller, because these guys obviously didn't watch him play in a game. Or even take a look at his stat-sheet.

"Solid young man, can throw a football through the uprights while down on one knee, and he has a hot girlfriend...how can we miss with this guy?"

Last edited by WCH : 10-10-2011 at 10:22 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, when I watch Tannehill I see the prospect that Jake Locker was supposed to be.

Extremely strong arm, will throw to any quadrant of the field (and isn't protected by playcalling - he'll throw a deep out to the wide side like it's nothing).

He's still raw, but his upside is higher than any QB in this draft.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
He's still raw, but his upside is higher than any QB in this draft.

That's excessive. But I do have him as my 4th best QB with a chance to overtake Barkley.