Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, Frankie ****** him up pretty good there.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrible, Maynard. Great job recovering and finishing by Frankie.

Gray looked ******* stupid trying to punch Frankie after the first round. Baffles me that he wouldn't just take him down (or at least put him against the fence if he couldn't get the takedown).
Old 10-08-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edgar is the ****! The man has championship heart and skill. Can't wait to see him fight Gil if he beats Masvidal. Gray let himself down by having no game plan and getting 1 shot happy.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melendez IMO would finish Edgar and actually has killer instinct and would get it to the ground if need be. I do love Edgar though although I hate watching him because of his fcking annoying wife. Good lord shut up

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone tell me how I can watch what just happened.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Someone tell me how I can watch what just happened.
mmalinker.com
Old 10-08-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After tonight I'd love to see Maynard vs Guillard and Lauzon vs Pettis.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:54 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Maynard would just take Guillard down and sub him. Lauzon-Pettis is a good fight. They're both on about the same level (Pettis is horribly overrated from the cage kick). Lauzon beats Guillard 1/10 times...I was pretty disappointed with that one as I'd like to see Guillard move on to some better fights...but he's still too one-dimensional.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:26 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished watching 136. Nice to see Joe Lauzon get the sneaky upset. At least we know Melvin Guillard is always going to choke when he gets close to earning a title shot. Phan vs Garcia was pretty funny, third round had me laughing a lot. Stann got completely outclassed. Nice story, average fighter. Florian should just retire already so somebody can replace damn Joe Rogan. I don't think anything needs to be said about Edgar, dude proved he is a real champion.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:47 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he means Gilbert Melendez not Melvin Guillard, which would be a pretty awesome fight.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my favorite moments from UFC 136 was when Mike Goldberg claimed that Gray cuts from 200 and then Joe said that there is no way he gets up that high to which Goldberg basically responded with "Ive seen him."

As much as I hate Goldberg, I've started to realize that there are many times where he just spouts stupid background info because Rogan is silently entranced with what is happening and Goldberg feels he needs to fill the silence. I guess there is nothing you can do about Rogan being a stupid stoner sometimes.

I happen to like Rogan for the most part despite his favoritism, inability to call the action when he gets excited instead just yelling ohhhhhhhh, love for all leg kicks, etc.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Rogan and feel he has improved greatly over the years.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
One of my favorite moments from UFC 136 was when Mike Goldberg claimed that Gray cuts from 200 and then Joe said that there is no way he gets up that high to which Goldberg basically responded with "Ive seen him."

As much as I hate Goldberg, I've started to realize that there are many times where he just spouts stupid background info because Rogan is silently entranced with what is happening and Goldberg feels he needs to fill the silence. I guess there is nothing you can do about Rogan being a stupid stoner sometimes.

I happen to like Rogan for the most part despite his favoritism, inability to call the action when he gets excited instead just yelling ohhhhhhhh, love for all leg kicks, etc.
They just really need a third guy, have it be a rotating spot with guys who are in between fights and want a little extra cash. They have a sore need for a guy who is an actual fighter and has had success recently.

Rogan is actually pretty quality, he's very good at explaining positions on the ground, what each guy needs to do to move up the guard/escape the guard. Goldberg is not going anywhere, and although he can be very goonish at times, he does add excitement to the fight and seems to be pretty professional.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they're both perfect for UFC. I would love to hear Goldberg do an NFL game haha. Ken Flo does well when he announces, too.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched the Sonnen fight because I missed it last night. I LOVED the post fight lmao

Anderson Silva...you absolutely suck....love it haha

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post

Goldberg is a troll.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't think there's enough going on for there to be three people calling a fight. Two is perfect, and for the most part, Rogan does a great job. He does a wonderful job explaining everything very technically and in detail, but it does all go to **** when he gets excited, lol.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think rogan is perfect what were the odds of the ufc finding a practicing BJJ guy with tv/radio/stand up experience

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The only rearl problem I have with the UFC announcers aside from Goldberg trolling is their bias towards a fighter and making the fight seem one-sided in favor of one fighter when, in actuality, the other fighter is controlling the fight and/or doing more damage.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the reasons that Joe Tessitore and Teddy Atlas work so well together on ESPN is that you have Joe, who never gets too high up or too high down, who knows enough about the sport to give good information on what's going on and he also gives good background info on the fighter. Teddy was a former trainer, so he knows how any fighter can win and he always gives much better information on the technical stuff.
Florian's great as a color commentator since he gives really good analysis. Rogan has improved, but they just don't work well together.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder where Gray goes from here. He's a top 3 guy, but no more matches with Edgar. I'm thinking he fights a top 10-15, and if Edgar loses the belt he can move to a shot. I wanna see him fight BJ.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wanna see him in a different weight class.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Gray is useless at any other weight. He's going to just keep others from getting title shots like Fitch at 170.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

155 is so deep that it could take awhile before Gray gets another title shot, but even if he does he would deserve it. He went to a draw with Frankie on his first shot, and even though he got finished in his second he still is one of the best lightweights out there. If Frankie loses to a guy like Gil or Bendo/Guida then I would love to see Gray fight them after stringing together a few wins. Too bad B.J. up and left the division. There are much more interesting mathcups at 155 for him than at 170. It's not like he's worth another shot at GSP anyway. I bet GSP keeps the belt longer than Frankie does, so he might as well stay at the class with the better talent.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

BJ isn't going to fight much longer. If he loses to Diaz, he might be done. He moved to 170 because there's mire money in those fights.