Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-12-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You'll never escape the bloody reign of Chief Wahoo.
No, Detroit and Cleveland certainly would always remain in the same division. In fact, the entire Central Division is probably good as it is. Doesn't really make sense to move any of those teams out.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think that goes for Boston/New England fans in general too. haha. :)

Nah, but really, the Sox have risen to the level of the Yankees as far as trying to buy their way to success. So with inflated salaries come inflated egos and greater sense of entitlement. You got what you bought.

It takes a special manager to keep that kind of ship in line.
Besides A-Rod, I've never really thought of any on the Yankees to think they are entitled. Fans on the other hand....haha.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My team is in the playoffs, way further than even I expected. However, I must say watching the Red Sox collapse has almost been as fun as the playoffs.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Besides A-Rod, I've never really thought of any on the Yankees to think they are entitled. Fans on the other hand....haha.
"It takes a special manager to keep that kind of ship in line."

I think you guys have had that through the years.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
My team is in the playoffs, way further than even I expected. However, I must say watching the Red Sox collapse has almost been as fun as the playoffs.
Watching the Yankees, Red Sox and Phillies go down has truly been a joy. :)
Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
"It takes a special manager to keep that kind of ship in line."

I think you guys have had that through the years.
This is true. Although that type of control over the clubhouse often has it's downside elsewhere. Scott Proctor probably would have preferred a starter or two drunk playing video games.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Happy Yovani Gallardo Day!!!

So far, I'm 4-0, but this one is really gonna test my luck.

The 25-year-old right-hander has been the Brewers’ only consistent starter in the postseason, with an impressive 0.86 ERA in 21 innings, and is coming off a strong finishing stretch. He just can’t beat the Cardinals, saddled with a 1-7 career record and 5.66 ERA after losing to them in consecutive starts in early September.

“Well, I can’t explain it,” Gallardo said. “I’m 1-7 against these guys but I try to forget about those things. "

While...

Carpenter shut down Milwaukee twice in September, allowing only two runs in 17 innings to fuel an improbable drive for the NL wild-card berth. He’s coming off a career signature moment, a three-hit shutout against Roy Halladay(notes) that eliminated the favored Phillies in the NL division series.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=311012124
Old 10-12-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why sir? Why D-Unit, the Cards are doomed now! And BTW, Gallardo's one win against us was a near no-hitter where we got a bloop double in the 8th I think. So, yeah....
Old 10-12-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Why sir? Why D-Unit, the Cards are doomed now! And BTW, Gallardo's one win against us was a near no-hitter where we got a bloop double in the 8th I think. So, yeah....
Had to because Happy Chris Carpenter Day and Happy Matt Harrison Day already passed. ...and I already know it ain't Happy Rick Porcello Day. :)
Old 10-12-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad for John Lackey's wife, not only for having to deal with her illness but having to be married to John Lackey.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I feel bad for John Lackey's wife, not only for having to deal with her illness but having to be married to John Lackey.
At least she's not Manny's wife, right?
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even think she's John Lackey's wife anymore. Apparently the guy is just flat out intolerable.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I don't even think she's John Lackey's wife anymore. Apparently the guy is just flat out intolerable.
Yea he divorced her, stupid mistake to do that at this time, now he seems like a total asshat. Besides, she's pretty hot

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I see he filed for divorce, so now I can bash him without feeling bad for his wife. Baseball's biggest douche?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-12-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I see he filed for divorce, so now I can bash him without feeling bad for his wife. Baseball's biggest douche?
Emphasis on the big. He can take his buckets of fried chicken and six packs and promptly GTFO.

Should be a good game in Detroit tonight and a pivotal one in the series. If Porcello can raise his game tonight, you've got to feel good about Verlander winning the next one and taking one of the next two.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-12-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saxophone national anthem with 43,000 strong singing for the win!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel oddly satisfied with all the hate going John Lackey's way. I'm sure some Red Sox fans somewhere at sometime have laughed at our Barry Zito albatross contract. Hahaha. Ohhhh, yummmy Schadenfreude.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I feel oddly satisfied with all the hate going John Lackey's way. I'm sure some Red Sox fans somewhere at sometime have laughed at our Barry Zito albatross contract. Hahaha. Ohhhh, yummmy Schadenfreude.
At least Barry Zito is obscenely likable, for some reason. Must be because he's attractive and Lackey looks like Jabba the Hutt.

Porcello is ******* on tonight.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-12-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Miggy wants to play in the World Series.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-12-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Miggy wants to play in the World Series.
About time he arrived.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Mark Kotsay is starting in center for some reason...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-12-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently, using the bill of a hat as a protective barrier for your eyes and forehead is a groundbreaking idea to Tim McCarver.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Apparently, using the bill of a hat as a protective barrier for your eyes and forehead is a groundbreaking idea to Tim McCarver.
He must have been the world's first recorded instance of the modern douchebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
He must have been the world's first recorded instance of the modern douchebag.

You look rather strange there Chris.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-12-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Can we just fast forward to the part where Ryan Perry goes to the mound and the Rangers win?