Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 10-03-2011, 07:10 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default State of the NFC East

In my opinion right now, We are managing wins in our injury state. Tuck didn't play but Osi came in and had 2 sacks. JPP had a quiet game, and Tolly had 2 sacks too. Eli was clutch and led to a comeback win. But we still have issues. OL, is a huge one. We can't run the ball successfully anymore, which for a running team isn't good. We had issues stopping the run too. I hate our offensive system as well.

Eagles - The dream team looks to be in bad shape. 1-3 and they have issues across the board. Keeping Vick healthy will be a huge deal as the season goes on and winter rolls in. I was surprised McCoy didn't have a huge game against the 9ers.

Redskins - They have been a huge surprise so far. I think they may be our competition in the division. It seems like they may be the real deal, though I am still very skeptical. I like hightower a lot I think he can be solid back in the league especially in that system.

Cowboys -They are a streaky team. One minute you see Romo finding all his weapons and taking a big league, and the next minute you see things fall apart due to bad decisions and bad passes. That's twice we have seen this now. Once against the Jets and now again versus the Lions. I don't trust him in a big spot at all. I really don't know what to make of Romo though. Maybe have the mentality, he will do good things, he will do bad things, and you just hope for the best and expect more good things and pray the bad things don't rear it's ugly head. Is that how Dallas fans think of it? I am sure the fans can fill in the individual performances thus far.

Overall, I think this division is wide open. I thought it would be us and the Cowboys, but initially I figured this division would favor the Eagles slightly. I think the Redskins if they can manage wins will be an interesting team to watch in the division. I really do want another crack at them. I want to see if they are the real deal or not.

How would you rate the teams thus far? What's your take on the state of the NFC East?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all hate our offensive system, as for the run blocking that's something that'll improve as the year wears on provided we aren't starting Kevin Boothe at Center for long. It's been quite some years since Diehl has played Guard, Beatty's still gelling and getting used to NFL DL, Baas was on a new team in a new scheme with new guys on his flanks. They played well in stretches but still make a lot of mistakes, as those get ironed out and the weather gets ugly our running game will step up.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the whole picture for the Cowboys...

We loss 2 games we should've won and we won 2 games we should've lost. This is just a bizarre football team. Tony Romo is a roller coaster QB. ...and Jerry said it best yesterday. "We go as Tony goes." Unfortunately, we don't have a task master that will reel him back and force him to play under control. There is a fundamental problem that this team has that starts with their Offensive Playcaller, Jason Garrett who allows Romo's weaknesses to be exposed. Actually allows is probably the wrong word. He literally "puts" Romo in position to fail. In addition, he's predictable, he panics, and he lacks the knowhow of running the ball.

What is this team? I don't know if we can define that yet. I don't know that you'll be able to define them until the season is over. Injuries have taken a mean toll, but maybe that's all this team will ever be. Injury riddled all season long. Our depth is shallow. This is not a team that can consistently be a threat if they are forced to rely on their depth as they have been tested in so far. When Laurent Robinson is your leading receiver after a week of joining the team and Frank Walker is brought in for "help"... it's bad enough when you're already playing Alan Ball... We might be leading the league in UDFAs who are on the roster. Our interior OL is the worst in the NFL and Doug Free has been getting slapped around like a ***** lately... it's sad when your best OL is your rookie RT. I place the blame on Jerry and Garrett on the lack of talent there since they ignored FA like the bubonic plague.

Defensively Rob Ryan has been a miracle worker with the weak links he has to work with. Going into the season, the offense was supposed to be the strength of the team since we had an offensive heavy draft and cut so much supposed "dead weight" on offense. The defense was supposed to struggle, but 4 games into the season, it's the defense that has held this team together and the offense that has struggled. They have been solid and consistent in all 4 games.

But the bottom line in defining this team is that "we go and Romo goes". ...and that changes direction like a fart in the wind.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But the bottom line in defining this team is that "we go and Romo goes". ...and that changes direction like a fart in the wind.
Hahahaha Now that's funny.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles - They are better than their record indicates and I think they'll put together a winning streak soon. Lots of new bodies and a new DC. I'm not going to say that their record at 1-3 is indicative of what their make up is and an indicator for what their season will be (at the bottom of the NFC East). They will rise soon.

Giants - As much as I hear Giants fans clamoring for change in the coaching staff, I think that is one of the solid strengths that keeps this team from falling apart despite the rash of injuries. Structure, discipline, and execution can be counted on. Top 2 team in the division. Just not sure if it's #1 or #2.

Redskins - Shanahan is doing a good job of keeping this team a sleeper under the radar. I don't think America is willing to acknowledge their success as legit, but I think it is. They may not have glamor at the skill positions, but they have the best OL in the division and a defense that can rival the best in the NFL. I saw the Jets-Ravens game last night and that was sooooome defensive performance we saw from both of them. They fly to the ball and penetrate consistently all throughout the game...coming up with big plays. The Redskins have the same capability.

Cowboys - Will probably finish at the bottom of the division. Somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 with no wild card birth. The OL needs major upgrades in the interior, the QB needs to be held accountable, a new OC is needed and if that happens, they can go from worst to first in 2012-13 (barring health).

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-03-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The whole division, from top to bottom, is mediocre at best.

The glory days of the NFC east being the "toughest" division in football are long gone.

This division is completely irrelevant in the Super Bowl discussion this year.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
The whole division, from top to bottom, is mediocre at best.

The glory days of the NFC east being the "toughest" division in football are long gone.

This division is completely irrelevant in the Super Bowl discussion this year.
I see your point, yet I think the worst team in the division will have at least 7 wins.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

The Eagles are looking like the 2010 Dallas Cowboys. Soon their QB will get hurt for the season and their HC will be fired.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:07 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

The Cowboys are coming back.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a huge game for the Giants. I think if we lose and fall to 3-3 before the bye, we can kiss our playoff chances goodbye.

We are playing like an 8-8/9-7 team right now. That's probably what we're going to wind up with.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

This will be determined by the play of our Offensive Lines. ...which is troubling, needless to say.