Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
At this other place this guy did a bunch of simulations with different teams and the best place for him was the Suns. Really, if they could manage to trade say... the early first rounder and one of the other ones, as well as Bell and/or Diaw, they could have a terrific team. Put Barbosa at the 2 and draft a PG. I really think that team would be unstoppable.
Eh, I read the same thing and thought it was pretty much garbage...but as far as value that the Wolves would receive, they couldn't get much better than an early first as well as Diaw.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
No Wade, r u serious, plus Bosh should be starting over Howard.
Well minus the homerism, as far as Wade went, I think Shaq would be a more necessary force, but that's just me. I originally had Wade on there until I read the rules.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Eh, I read the same thing and thought it was pretty much garbage...but as far as value that the Wolves would receive, they couldn't get much better than an early first as well as Diaw.
You think that team would be worse than the Lakers one you set up? Or you just don't think the Suns would go through with the trade? If it's the former, I don't think the teams are really even close. If it's the latter, well, if they were to not make it to the Finals this year, I'd say it's a pretty decent possibility provided the T-Wolves put it out there.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You think that team would be worse than the Lakers one you set up? Or you just don't think the Suns would go through with the trade? If it's the former, I don't think the teams are really even close. If it's the latter, well, if they were to not make it to the Finals this year, I'd say it's a pretty decent possibility provided the T-Wolves put it out there.
To tell you the truth, I honestly don't know if the Suns would do the trade you had listed and it would be highly dependant on where the Suns pick would be. I also do not know where KG would fit in with the Suns and think that it could almost create a situation where there would not be enough shots to go around (although KG is extremely unselfish). It would be very interesting to actually see KG with a good PG as well as a center that actually knows how to play the game. Overall, I just feel that combining KG with Kobe would allow each of them to maximize their potentials and answer all the questions that we have placed upon each of them. Also, the value that the Lakers would be offering the Wolves with Odom and a good young center like Bynum, could very well be more tempting than a duo of Diaw and a draft pick.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:17 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
East:

PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Michael Redd
SF - Lebron James
PF - Dwight Howard
C - Shaq

Bench:
PG - Chauncey Billups
SF - Paul Pierce
F/C - Chris Bosh

West:

PG - Steve Nash
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Tracy McGrady
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Tim Duncan

Bench:
G - Allen Iverson
SG - Ray Allen
F - Dirk Nowitzki

Those would probably be the teams.
I'm pretty sure Arenas would get the nod over Redd and rightfully so!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:42 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would trade diaw and 2 1st for Garnett

Starting line up would be like this

C Stat
PF Garnett
SF The Matrix
SG Bell
PG Nash

3 people could put up 20-10 on any night and the defense would be great

Thomas & Barbosa & James Jones coming off the bench

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were Phoenix I'd trade #4, Diaw, some cap add in guy, and #29 for Garnett.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Jeff Green is overrated at all he's just finally get his recognition he deserves, he can average 7+ rebounds in the NBA from the SF position, he is one of the best ball handling and passing big men in the draft and he can score when called upon but does not need the ball to score ala Shawn Marion which is so valuable in the NBA with all of the ball hogs. Add to that he might be the best defender in the draft with his ability to guard the perimeter and down low, IMO Jeff Green is a very rich Boris Diaw, teams will pass on him because he isn't the sexy pick but he is the type of player who will be drafted by a championship contender. Obviously with how he played the past 2 games Brewer's hype is at an all time high but I see many faults in his game. 1st and most glaring is his frame, he could stand lots of work in the weight room, 2nd he gets by too much with his long arms and athleticism, don't expect him to be much of a rebounder in the NBA like he is in college. Defensively he is great but on offense he really lacks consistency on his shot and his slight frame will not allow him to penetrate well in the NBA. IMO he should go 12-18, but he is in a grouping with Young, Thornton, and Byars, I just think once the championship hype goes down scouts can really evaluate him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:13 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were Phoenix Id trade Boris and the 1st rounders for Pau Gasol, oh wait I already did.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
SidneyG
Rookie

SidneyG hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With all the Oden/Howard debates I think it is important to remember that the one variable that could dtermine the success of each is coaching. Look at Dwight Howard . By no means is he having a "bad" year this year but he is not progressing at the same rate as he did during his first two years. I think that the absence of Clifford Ray has everything to do with that . Whoever gets to draft Oden would be wise to hire Ray and have him work with the big guy. Coaching big men is extremly important.
SidneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Ok he's solified it then, haha.
There is no chance in hell that Brewer is not a lottery pick. He really does have the entire package. Plus, when you have a 7'0" wingspan, you can shut down the opposing player. He is going to be a much better Tayshun Prince. He won't be the #1 option for scoring, but he'll be a critical component to any team he plays for.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney View Post
There is no chance in hell that Brewer is not a lottery pick. He really does have the entire package. Plus, when you have a 7'0" wingspan, you can shut down the opposing player. He is going to be a much better Tayshun Prince. He won't be the #1 option for scoring, but he'll be a critical component to any team he plays for.
meh..I know that Brewer had 2 good shooting games, but he's not near the shooter Prince was IMO. Brewer is a better scorer inside though.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
if you could choose one player from 8 East teams (to create a rotation with) and then the west.

East: Concept: Built around power and inside strength. Defense is also a positive.

PG: Kirk Hinrich
SG: Mike Dunleavy
SF: Josh Smith
PF: Dwight Howard
C: Chris Bosh

Backups:
PF/C: Emeka Okafor
PG: Marcus Williams
F: David Lee

Its a young team that has major star power. I wish i couldve gotten more blue collar guys in there but i did the best I could. Bosh and Howard will do an incredible job getting PiP, Kirk can hit the 3 and him and Dunleavy are pretty solid defensive guys.

West:

PG: Deron Williams
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Josh Howard
PF: Tim Duncan
C:Yao Ming

Bench:
G: Brandon Roy
PF/C: Tyson Chandler
SF: Ron Artest

The West is so much more talented, I really struggled picking for them. The East was much easier.

Wouldnt Howard be yoour Center? It woukd make things way better

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
If I were Phoenix I'd trade #4, Diaw, some cap add in guy, and #29 for Garnett.
If I'm the Suns I'd make that trade in a millisecond! Garnett with Nash and Amare along with Marion would be what dreams are made of! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
If I'm the Suns I'd make that trade in a millisecond! Garnett with Nash and Amare along with Marion would be what dreams are made of! :D
They would win the championship without a doubt, usually making a team like this wouldnt work, but garnett would do whatever it took to win, so he wouldnt become a problem( as long as he let others take over in crunch time)
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
If I were Phoenix Id trade Boris and the 1st rounders for Pau Gasol, oh wait I already did.
Way to go!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Want a cookie CCB?

:D

I posted this trade offer for the Bulls on another board, here goes:

Bulls Get:

Pau Gasol

Grizzlies Get:

2007 1st Rounder
2007 2nd Rounder
Ben Gordon
Viktor Khryapa

Yea I know people will argue that we lose our perimeter scoring with Gordon, but I think Kirk, Duhon, and Thabo can more than make up for Gordon's absense. It's quite a lot to give up but Gasol gives us that low pos threat to be a dominant team IMO. And with Luol Deng and Tyrus Thomas only getting better next season, same with Thabo, I think we're a legit contender in the NBA now.

Probably won't happen but just a thought.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Want a cookie CCB?

Bulls Get:

Pau Gasol

Grizzlies Get:

2007 1st Rounder
2007 2nd Rounder
Ben Gordon
Viktor Khryapa

Yea I know people will argue that we lose our perimeter scoring with Gordon, but I think Kirk, Duhon, and Thabo can more than make up for Gordon's absense. It's quite a lot to give up but Gasol gives us that low pos threat to be a dominant team IMO. And with Luol Deng and Tyrus Thomas only getting better next season, same with Thabo, I think we're a legit contender in the NBA now.

The Bulls can only have so many in the backcourt

Old 04-03-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Want a cookie CCB?

Bulls Get:

Pau Gasol

Grizzlies Get:

2007 1st Rounder
2007 2nd Rounder
Ben Gordon
Viktor Khryapa

i think that Memphis wins even though it will really help chicago. i say this due to the talent level in the draft so Memphis will get a good rook.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Want a cookie CCB?

Bulls Get:

Pau Gasol

Grizzlies Get:

2007 1st Rounder
2007 2nd Rounder
Ben Gordon
Viktor Khryapa

sweetness I have to BOO! that trade because I love Ben Gordon and it would be a sin to banish him to Memphis. Besides I don't see Ben as a country music buff... :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-03-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
sweetness I have to BOO! that trade because I love Ben Gordon and it would be a sin to banish him to Memphis. Besides I don't see Ben as a country music buff... :D
He sings the Blues after all those game winning shots that he's missed

Old 04-03-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He sings the Blues after all those game winning shots that he's missed

Touche' my good man! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-03-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hinch is going to crap his pants when he sees I included Ben Gordon.

Eh, maybe I take off Khryapa there and just make it Gordon, 1st, and 2nd rounders for Pau.

A front court of Wallace, Deng, and Gasol would be very good. Move Duhon to the 1, Hinrich to the 2 and have Thabo and Tyrus off the bench again. Either that or go big. Have Hinrich at the 1, Deng at the 2, Tyrus at the 3, Gasol at the 4, and Wallace at the 5.

Like I said, probably wouldn't happen but just a deal I thought about.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I don't know if this has been talked about today but the Memphis Grizzles may offer Florida Head Coach Billy Donavan their heading coaching position.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I don't know if this has been talked about today but the Memphis Grizzles may offer Florida Head Coach Billy Donavan their heading coaching position.
I'd take the UK job personally if I were him. But money talks, so who knows.

Quote: