Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 07:56 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way I am looking at the Alex Smith situations is this. If a bad game for him is now playing horrible for the majority of the game but still managing to throw the game-winning touchdown on 4th down with under two minutes left on the road against one of the best teams in the league while missing his top two receivers then I am okay with that.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
ou

I have no problems with Faider fans, thats a Bay area thing. Now if she wuld have been a Cowgirls fan, that would be different.
To each their own. I have no hate for Raiders fans. I was implying that there was a certain stereotype of female Raiders fan. My comment obviously missed it's mark.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 10-17-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the OP

Quote:
And depending on what some of our resident Lions' fans say this week, I may end up hating them. I hate that.
It's hilarious how much of an understatement this is right now. Funny thing is, I love it. NFL needs new rivalries, and this game easily took the spot as most entertaining due to the post game antics.

Brent & Ness are some of my favorite posters on the board...but it's war now (and you know that). Hopefully both teams remain healthy, and meet up in the playoffs.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
To each their own. I have no hate for Raiders fans. I was implying that there was a certain stereotype of female Raiders fan. My comment obviously missed it's mark.
Oh ok...yea, Im not familar with that sterotype. I am a east coaster so maybe that's why lol.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a side note, I need a Aldon Smith sig....anybody in know, your help would be appreciated.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
On a side note, I need a Aldon Smith sig....anybody in know, your help would be appreciated.
Sig request thread, Bone Krusher, i'm sure he'd be able to whip one up real quick.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Hey, I just feel we can upgrade the position. I have higher standards there. We as 49ers fans shouldn't be content with a game manager. Doesn't mean I don't want the team to win. But I would feel safer if we had a better passing attack. Obviously nothing can be done right now so I'll stop complaining, but at the same time it's going to take a lot more from Alex to "impress" me and assume we'll be safe going forward with him as our starter.
That post wasn't directed at you specifically. Of course we want mroe than a game manager, but when you look at Harbaugh's system that he ran at Stanford, and you look at how early it is with crappy WRS, Smith is doing a fine job. 3 comebacks on the road in the first 6 games, not bad at all.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing is clear from this game Alex Smith is the best blocking Quarterback in the NFL.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Smith is doing a fine job. 3 comebacks on the road in the first 6 games, not bad at all.
Michael Smith just mentioned this one "Numbers Never Lie": Only Alex Smith and Joe Montana are the only QBs in 49ers history to have 3 comeback wins on the road in one season. Hard to believe that one.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Michael Smith just mentioned this one "Numbers Never Lie": Only Alex Smith and Joe Montana are the only QBs in 49ers history to have 3 comeback wins on the road in one season. Hard to believe that one.
Well you know what means.

Smith = Montana.

Joking of course.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 10-17-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:30 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well you know what means.

Smith = Montana.

Joking of course.
lol. People forget that Joe threw 3 picks in "the catch" game...it happens.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please, please, please. There should be no mention of Joe Montana joking or not.

Discuss Frank Gore vs. Ricky Watters or something else.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Discuss Frank Gore vs. Ricky Watters or something else.
I'm guessing this was sarcastic. There is no discussion between the two.

Gore >>>>> Watters

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 10-18-2011, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm guessing this was sarcastic. There is no discussion between the two.

Gore >>>>> Watters
Ehhh...I don't think so. Watters was very good. He played very well on three different teams. Even past the age of 30. He was durable, and a huge threat in the receiving game.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ehhh...I don't think so. Watters was very good. He played very well on three different teams. Even past the age of 30. He was durable, and a huge threat in the receiving game.
I loved Watters such a monster.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Watters was more bark than bite. Gore is a workhorse that this team has leaned on for years, facing 8, 9, and 10 man fronts. If Gore had played on the teams that Watters did, he would have performed better. Gore will be the Niners franchise all-time leading rusher soon.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Watters was more bark than bite. Gore is a workhorse that this team has leaned on for years, facing 8, 9, and 10 man fronts. If Gore had played on the teams that Watters did, he would have performed better. Gore will be the Niners franchise all-time leading rusher soon.
Well after left the 49ers he went to two teams that weren't that great in the 1990's. They leaned on him for sure and he still delivered. I still wonder if the 49ers would have beaten Green Bay more times if we had Rickey Watters. He was the perfect WCO back.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Healthy Garrison Hearst was too good.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
Healthy Garrison Hearst was too good.
But where was he in 1995 and 1996?

Quote:
Old 10-18-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But where was he in 1995 and 1996?
Stuck with the Cards and Bengals, why?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

"I had tight coverage on him. All he did was try to release outside. And when he went inside, he tried to push me off. He was complaining. And I told him he had to shut up because he's too big for that" - Culliver on Megatron.

We need to remember that this kid is pretty much just getting his feet wet at corner and is playing better than anyone did at the position for us last year.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Stuck with the Cards and Bengals, why?
Because you said Garrison Hearst was too good as if he had something to do with the conversation.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niners are 5-1 for the first time in ages and you guys arguing about former RB's. Smh.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Quote:
Because you said Garrison Hearst was too good as if he had something to do with the conversation.
Someone mentioned putting Gore on that team, but Hearst was a very good back for us as well, post-Watters/pre-Gore. Very good receiver out of the backfield, even a pessimist such as yourself may remember a certain 96 yard play of his. Powerful runner with breakaway speed and very good at blitz pickup.

I don't see how he couldn't be part of the conversation. Do you have something you need to vent about perchance?
Old 10-19-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Someone mentioned putting Gore on that team, but Hearst was a very good back for us as well, post-Watters/pre-Gore. Very good receiver out of the backfield, even a pessimist such as yourself may remember a certain 96 yard play of his. Powerful runner with breakaway speed and very good at blitz pickup.

I don't see how he couldn't be part of the conversation. Do you have something you need to vent about perchance?
The conversation had to do with Ricky Watters and Gore. Not Garrison Hearst. It's really quite simple.

"Healthy Garrison Hearst was too good".

What was that directed at? That came out of nowhere. What does that have to do with the 49ers needing Watters after he left the next couple of seasons and potentially helping the 49ers getting over Green Bay in 1995 and 1996?

And I have nothing against Hearst, so I don't know why you're describing what kind of player he was.

Quote:
Closed Thread