Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-19-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
My bar is getting a keg of it.
I ******* hate you.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

it's coming (well...it's here, actually)...

One of, if not the best stout in the world! CBS FTW!
I've actually had one as my breakfast.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beer of the week. Breckenridge Brewery's Lucky U IPA it was a very good standard IPA without many frills but it went great with the BBQ that I had. I likely won't pine for this beer a month or two down the road but its really worth having.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 11-03-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post

Just cracked open 10 bottles of our first homebrew. Yuuuuuuum.
Hobbs how good have you gotten at homebrew? (or if there is another home brewer on the board) I'm thinking of starting with a semi decent homebrew equipment kit. I have a recipe in mind but I'm having trouble thinking of the best way to balance hop and malt. Anyone care to offer advice.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 11-04-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made a Kiwi Extra Pale Ale and it is fantastic.

Doing a Vanilla Macadamia Nut Porter tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Hobbs how good have you gotten at homebrew? (or if there is another home brewer on the board) I'm thinking of starting with a semi decent homebrew equipment kit. I have a recipe in mind but I'm having trouble thinking of the best way to balance hop and malt. Anyone care to offer advice.
My roommate and I have only done 3 batches, though the first (IPA) was by far the best. The second, Bavarian wheat and lemon, was came out great, but the combination of the banana-ish from the wheat with the lemon was odd. For some reason our latest didn't turn out well at all due to not enough priming sugar upon bottling :( We we so excited for it (meant to be an DIPA) and now we have 2 cases of undrinkable beer.

What's in this recipe?

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I made a Kiwi Extra Pale Ale and it is fantastic.

Doing a Vanilla Macadamia Nut Porter tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
My roommate and I have only done 3 batches, though the first (IPA) was by far the best. The second, Bavarian wheat and lemon, was came out great, but the combination of the banana-ish from the wheat with the lemon was odd. For some reason our latest didn't turn out well at all due to not enough priming sugar upon bottling :( We we so excited for it (meant to be an DIPA) and now we have 2 cases of undrinkable beer.

What's in this recipe?
Well I'm trying to get together a Black IPA here is my ingredient list

4 Gallon batch

Malts

American Crystal Dark (77L) 3lbs
Amber Malt 3lbs
Chocolate Malt 3lbs
American two row 3lbs
American Crystal 3lbs

Hops

60 Min Chinook 1oz
60 Min Yakima Gold 1oz
30 Min Cascade .5 oz
30 Min Centenial .5 oz
15 Min Citra .5 oz
Dry Hop in secondary with an oz of chinook

Yeast
either England Dry Ale Yeast or California yeast.

Current calculations estimate 7.7ABV 95.2 IBU 63 SRM but a final gravity of 1.029

I'm concerned that my final gravity may be too high.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 11-05-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

In other beer news

My beer of the week is Troges Mad Elf. 11% abv of the weirdest winter warmer I've ever had. Brewed with cherries and honey you can taste the cherries. not over powering the brew though.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 11-20-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I bought the Magic Hat winter variety pack and this one was the best of the bunch. A Wheat IPA it really put together the best of both worlds the hop character of an IPA with the sweet/cardamon/orange peel type hints of a wheat beer very enjoyable.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 11-20-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a taster of the new Sam Adams conconction... The Chocolate Cherry Bock. Tastes exactly like what they were going for, cordial cherries. Unfortunately, cordial cherries are disgusting and so is this beer.

Also, I'm sad that 2-Below is no more, but New Belgium's replacement is really good. Snow Day is a Black IPA. Very solid.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trying to do my own home brew. Anyone have advice or know of a kit to do it?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
It depends on how deep you want to get into it. If you want to calculate a recipe.

http://beercalculus.hopville.com/recipe

you can hit that up. Be careful if you are making an IPA to be very weary of your final gravity. Mr. Beer comes highly recommended for first time home brewers but there is no secondary fermenter or brewpot so you are limited in what you can really do with it.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 11-20-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone has a chance go buy Great Lakes Christmas Ale. Awesome stuff. How I miss it so.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drinking something called Truck Stop Honey from Back Forty Brewing Company (an Alabama brewery). I've had three and I can't decide if I like it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I use Midwest and Northern.

They both have great kits.

If it's your first time, I'd recommend a Wheat or a Brown because those two are almost impossible to **** up (so are Ambers, but they're gross).
Old 11-20-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Switched to a beer called #9 by magic hat brewery. May be my new favorite beer. If you like a wheat ale, you have to try this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#9 is good stuff. I've been having mainly Magic Hat and Long Trail, lately.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got drunk during brunch at this brewery:

http://nxnwbrew.com/

Goddamn, I love Austin.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I have #9 kinda regularly because a decent amount of ****** bars here have it. Had a three philosophers tonight. Was really good.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-20-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had this on tap at bar pretty damn good
Old 11-20-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
bleh, i'm not a fan at all of #9. it's not bad, but it's just so boring. though maybe i just got annoyed with all the stoners at umass who tried to fight people who didn't think magic hat was the greatest thing ever.
It is boring, but certainly a solid beer. I think its a pretty good beer to have in your back pocket as you can find it at most places and it is better than the usual "premium" selections like Stella, Heineken, Corona, etc. Number 9 and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale are my go to choices at bars that have crappy selections.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to try it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

I want to try it.
Wow, best donut ever in beer form? Boner
Old 11-23-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

I want to try it.
It's either going to be awesome or a complete waste of bacon.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I want it to put its dick in me.

<njx9> <3 dg