Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 10-19-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
LionofDetroit
Rookie

LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Year of The Lion?

I promised. Now I deliver.

I've done my research and hints are coming from all directions that this is the year of the Lion.

Detroit Lions>Superbowl

A unique way to look at it:

Source #1:

I asked several football fans, are the Detroit Lions starving for the big win? 9 out of 10 would say yes. Just after I did this little survey I stumbled upon this band and bought their album. Yes a bit superstitious but hey, I'm a FANatic.

My Starving Lion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4FMhPs3l9k (sh*t gets me pumped before every game.)

Source #2:

The Lion King Movie

If you didn't guess that one then you're either 1. Not a Lions fan but are reading this because you enjoy unique takes on skill and tactic sporting events. Or 2. You Know underdogs are the best Winners.

Source #3:
2011 is the Year of the Lion

Nebraska's Star Herald:

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2...5554245134.txt

Source #4:
The Detroit Lions have Ndamukong Suh in 2011.
Yet another source of proof from Nebraska.
I'm from Nebraska. Proof from Nebraska by a Nebraskan. Crazy.

Source #5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipVoElgZlhs

Even though I turn the channel when most televangelists come on. This one had a good message. "2011 is the Year of the Lion".

Call me crazy, my assertions outrageous. But guess what?

I'm a Lions fan. We already won.

..............................................Win. .................................................. ..
LionofDetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
LionofDetroit
Rookie

LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/view...206886#p206886

....win...
Old 10-22-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figure the Chinese New Year must fit in there somewhere. I think the lack of a real running game is going to bite them eventually. You also have a suspect line ready to implode at any moment.

I love Detroit, love the whole auto industry story, (only by Chevys) but not sure they are going to be any more than a wildcard team this year. A wildcard for this team would be a great step in the right direction.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can always use more Nebraskans on the Lions forum. I was born in Valentine.

I really thought the Lions could have went undefeated. We shouldn't fail at making the playoffs. The rest is on Schwartz and the staff(and the Staff) to keep the team mentally ready. We've had a lot of high points this season, we just have to avoid downward swings. Lots of emotion in that locker room and this state.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:17 AM    (permalink
LionofDetroit
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Can always use more Nebraskans on the Lions forum. I was born in Valentine.

I really thought the Lions could have went undefeated. We shouldn't fail at making the playoffs. Lots of emotion in that locker room and this state.
Yes!

But my man. Its up to all those players. I always hated that aspect of football that concentrates on the visible and stat stacked players.

Screw it. It's like an assembly line...a movie studio...a corporation.

Well oiled machines tend to preform in the harshest of weather. Not always the ones with the best and newest parts.

That's why I said at the very beginning of my other thread that is still getting flamed :-D.

"Someone tell the Lions to try something different.

1. Turn off the TV
2. Throw away the sports section of the newspapers
3. And only digest media that makes it easy to believe that this is the year of the Lion.

and keep this in mind if you all get tempted to turn on ESPN.

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear." -Z-Ro "

Proof:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...01#post2719301