Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-22-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He was amazing but I'm still turned off by the drugs.
Arod was caught and admitted to cheating during the best years of his career. Not sure how that's any different.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Is this the real Zak speaking? Bonds was easily, EASILY the best player of the 90s and the early half the 00s. Wasn't even close.
Griffey Jr. was the best non drug by far.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Griffey Jr. was the best non drug by far.
Bonds wasn't on drugs for all but one year of the 90s, and was still better than Griffey Jr. Frank Thomas and Bagwell were both better overall hitters than Griffey was.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bonds was the best player of the steroid era(which he absolutely deserves credit for, just as Walter Johnson and Christy Mathewson deserve credit for being the best deadball pitchers, ect) far and away and probably would have been in the upper echelon of all time guys anyway, but I'm with GF here on this one. The drugs make you examine it differently.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They don't make me examine anything differently. I don't think steroids effected the game nearly as much as people think it did, it's just a cycle that baseball tends to go through in its history. Bonds was still the absolute best, regardless of the fact that he took roids.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-22-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffey was the best. He was as good as Bonds without the juice.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2011, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

No he wasn't. Bonds had better offensive numbers in a tougher park and was a better defender.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-23-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
No he wasn't. Bonds had better offensive numbers in a tougher park and was a better defender.
Griff was better at CF.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Griff was an overrated defender until he improved towards the late 90s, despite what the TZ stats say. I watched him A LOT as a kid, he made a lot of routine plays look considerably more difficult than they had to be. Call it the Jeter effect before the advent of the internet.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-23-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you know Griffey was clean?

Also, Griffey was a failure. Even his suicide attempt failed.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any1 wanna piss Pujols off? Please do....
Old 10-23-2011, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Are you guys kidding me right now? Griff was clean as hell. Also Edmonds was the one who made easy catches look difficult. Griffey was perfect.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Griff was an overrated defender until he improved towards the late 90s, despite what the TZ stats say. I watched him A LOT as a kid, he made a lot of routine plays look considerably more difficult than they had to be. Call it the Jeter effect before the advent of the internet.
The last part sounds like Andrew McCutchen.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm begging you Ron Washington, please stop running Ogando out there.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want everyone to know this: I love Albert Pujols.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Breaking news

Old 10-23-2011, 12:47 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They don't make me examine anything differently. I don't think steroids effected the game nearly as much as people think it did, it's just a cycle that baseball tends to go through in its history. Bonds was still the absolute best, regardless of the fact that he took roids.
I don't know. I used to think that, but look at the power numbers since they started testing seriously... There's a significant dip. Also, we're seeing players we assumed would age well (based on steroid-era aging) completely deteriorate.

Last edited by nepg : 10-23-2011 at 12:49 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't know. I used to think that, but look at the power numbers since they started testing seriously... There's a significant dip. Also, we're seeing players we assumed would age well (based on steroid-era aging) completely deteriorate.
It's a cycle, we're in a down cycle. In about 5-15 years, we'll reach another power type cycle, just the way that baseball works. As for the aging part, A-Rod has just been hurt constantly otherwise he would be as good as he should be.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-23-2011, 03:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh bumzies.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:01 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffey is arguably the greatest of all time at his peak. When the guy stayed healthy there wasnt a better player in the league. Hitting, defense, speed, power, he was the best in the game and no one came close. Injuries are the ONLY thing that slowed him down.

Whoever said Bagwell and Thomas...get out of here with that ****. Ill back up Bonds and what he did in the 2000's as one of the most incredible things ive seen from a hitter, but idk how this argument goes down if Jr. stayed healthy throughout his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 10-23-2011 at 05:03 AM.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:28 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodeur brought up the opinion that Thomas and Bagwell were better hitters. Which is arguable.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a cycle, we're in a down cycle. In about 5-15 years, we'll reach another power type cycle, just the way that baseball works. As for the aging part, A-Rod has just been hurt constantly otherwise he would be as good as he should be.
Point, Game, Set, Match - ME

I think things are the way they're going to be for quite some time. Should be interesting to see how teams that were built a certain way adjust to the new era.

Last edited by nepg : 10-23-2011 at 09:35 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe people are trying to argue Griffey was better than Bonds. Just look at the numbers. It's not even close.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But Griffey wore his hat backwards and played Gameboy.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Griffey is arguably the greatest of all time at his peak. When the guy stayed healthy there wasnt a better player in the league. Hitting, defense, speed, power, he was the best in the game and no one came close. Injuries are the ONLY thing that slowed him down.

Whoever said Bagwell and Thomas...get out of here with that ****. Ill back up Bonds and what he did in the 2000's as one of the most incredible things ive seen from a hitter, but idk how this argument goes down if Jr. stayed healthy throughout his career.
Bonds was at his peak at the exact same time as Griffey, and he was better at it. He had more patience, he was a better baserunner, he was better in left than Griffey was in center (although center is the harder position), and he was the smarter player.

With Bagwell and Thomas, they were just better overall hitters. They weren't better players, since they played first base and first base is the easiest position, but still.

RIP TheManInBlack