Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 10-23-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Vikings vs Packers gameday thread

This one is gonna be rough.
Quote:
@TomPelissero
Tom Pelissero
#Vikings deactivate Antoine Winfield, Chris Cook, Jamarca Sanford, John Sullivan, DeMarcus Love, Bernard Berrian, and D'Aundre Reed
That is 5 week one starters inactive, 3 due to injury, 1 is currently sitting in jail, and another is for an unknown reason(although that reason may just be that he sucks). Only one starting OL is actually 100% and that is Berger, the normal backup Center. We're starting Cedric Griffin and Asher Allen at CB with Marcus Scherels or Brandon Burton(active for the first time) in the nickel, and we're starting Tyrell Johnson at S. Oh yea, did I forget to mention that we're playing the best team in football right now with the top QB currently and probably the best set of receiving options in the game.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This made me lol..

@TomPelissero Tom Pelissero
Bernard's last name shall henceforth be pronounced "Bury Him."
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is going to be a slaughter unless AD goes absolutly nuts.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
This is going to be a slaughter even if AD goes absolutly nuts.
fixed that for ya.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
This is going to be a slaughter unless AD goes absolutly nuts.
He'd have to do it with about 15 carries knowing our coaching staff...
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
fixed that for ya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod
He'd have to do it with about 15 carries knowing our coaching staff...
Lol, both are probably going to be true.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

...So umm, damn good start.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-23-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Well, we lost, but damn that was the most exciting game all year, and was WAY closer than I ever imagined. Ponder wasn't perfect, far from it, but he kept us in the game, and made some big plays, which really is all you can expect from a rookie, especially in this season with virtually no offseason.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-23-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from the game.. would have been a great time if not for the completely wasted Packer fans screaming in front of and behind me the entire game. I will never understand how grown men can act like 14 year olds simply because they're at an NFL game. We even offered to switch seats with the guys behind me because they were screaming back and forth to their friends that were right in front of us.

"Yeah, we're too loud, because it's so quiet in here, right? Get real dude"

No, you ******* moron, I'm trying to A) stop you from screaming right next to my ear and B) get you closer to your buddies (although A was the primary reason for me asking). Go ahead and keep screaming at your fatter than holy hell friend.

Last edited by djp : 10-23-2011 at 07:41 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Liked some of what I saw from Ponder. Be nice if they let him drop back a bit more, the Packers were keeping a spy on the bootleg every single passing down in the 3rd quarter and he continually had nowhere to go.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Very interesting stat:
Quote:
@TomPelissero
Tom Pelissero
Inside the numbers: 12 of Christian Ponder's 13 completions went for a first down or a score. Seven of them came on third down.
Just goes to show how you can't just look at the stat sheet to tell how well someone played. Damn near every one of his completions meant something, instead of all of the hollow, meaningless completions that many QBs get.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:

Last edited by marshallb : 10-23-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. We honestly haven't seen 3rd down QB play like that since '09. Which is a good and a bad thing depending how you look at it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Valiant effort by Ponder. I like what I see in him. We didn't win, but Allen was awesome, Peterson was awesome, Ponder looked good. I'm happy about this loss.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:17 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought you meant Asher Allen for a second. And I was very, very confused.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game.
Jared Allen got his usual against the Pack.
Our defense looks like it's regressing, we need this bye week.
Adrian Peterson continues to be special.
Ponder grew on me some more. I hate that I like the kid.

The Vikings gave us a fight like we expected them to. I was nervous about this game solely because of Adrian Peterson but I came away with more overall concerns with the Packers.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Very happy with what I saw from Ponder, there was ups and downs as expected with rookies. But he showed good pocket presence, made solid reads & got the ball out quick, and he made some great plays when it mattered most on 3rd downs(which the offense had been sorely lacking).
Old 10-24-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
tombau
Rookie

tombau hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

On Christian Ponder:

Even when Donovan McNabb was at his worst and his passes were nearly indistinguishable from celebratory end zone spikes, I gave Leslie Frazier the benefit of the doubt. Word on the street (okay, Twitter) was that Christian Ponder was just nowhere near ready to play in an NFL game. If that's the case, whenever he is ready to play in an NFL game, he's going to be a beast. Ponder makes plays. His numbers on the day weren't good, but there were all kinds of flashes of potential. He's athletic, he's accurate, he's got good instincts, and he moves the chains. The Vikings have no business being in a competitive game against the Packers, but there they were. I'm excited about Christian Ponder.

from

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...ner?author=MJD
tombau is offline   Reply With Quote