Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-23-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely pathetic....this is how you come off a bye?
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Run D sucks so bad, we might give up 100 rushing yards to 3 different RBs and it could of been 4 if Redman got 15 more yards last week.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Fadetoblack
Rookie

Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the D sucked, but 7 points is pretty awful as well. I think it's time to bench CJ. Probably won't happen, but when you get blown out two straight games, in good position to take control of the division, players need to start being held accountable. He's running with zero explosion, and goes down when someone breathes on him. I honestly don't think the offensive line was that bad today in run blocking, he could have done much much better. I don't care how much TC you missed, I don't care how bad your line is, the kind of production he's having is unacceptable. He should be caught up by now, and this is the same line as last year, and 4 of the same 5 guys that hes had his entire career. He looks worse than Lendale White ffs.

I'd honestly say the offensive struggles right now are ~90% on CJ and the running games shoulders. You can't run the way they're running right now and expect to do well. Hass has played well, but he's not Tom Brady, he needs some running game to work off of, and its not like the receiving core is any good with Britt out.

/rant

But am i being radical here? It honestly might be good for him and the team cause it would show that no one gets a pass for poor play and it would (hopefully) put a chip on CJ"s shoulder to actually learn how to play football again.

Last edited by Fadetoblack : 11-02-2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: lol steeler game wasnt at home i'm dumb
Fadetoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, that was a ****** game to attend.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Move CJ to the Slot. I'm dead serious. He played some WR at ECU, and if he's so soft that he can't average 2.0 YPC against a Mario Williams-less Texans defense, then what good is he?

Him sucking is compounding the negatives at WR. Two runs by CJ get us to 3rd and 7. Now Hasselbeck then has to pass in an obvious passing situation to a crew full of boneheads. Outside of Nate Washington, our WR's are garbage. Kinda tired of Damian Williams and Lavelle Hawkins making stupid mistakes that cost us from moving the chains in crucial situations. They needed to make a trade, but they didn't and now we're forced to place our hopes on Damian Williams, Donnie Avery, and Lavelle Hawkins. Yuck. Lets just sign TO. He's an upgrade over them.

DL is slowly becoming a fairly big need. I'm not sure I'll shoot down the Jerell Worthy mock picks now.

And I have absolutely no idea how you get blown out at home after having two weeks to prepare.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- David DeCastro
- Mike Brewster
- Peter Konz
- Alameda Ta'amu
- Jerel Worthy
- Vontaze Burfict
- Manti Te'O
- Luke Kuechly
- Mark Barron

Can we just go ahead and sign some of these players? We need help.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd settle for a guy who can actually cover a freaking tightend. Shaub kills us every year with getting the ball to his TE's in the smallest of windows.

Hell, let's take a page from that and run Cook, Stevens, and Graham out there together. The Pats have success with it, and our TE's along with Washington as the WR may be better than one TE and three WR's out there. May help CJ as it'll keep the playcalling unpredictable since we'll be passing and running from the same formation, and Stevens and Graham are maulers at TE.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna take more than that but it would be a start. We need pass rush and more talent at WR. And at the rate things are going how about a new RB that isn't afraid of contact.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ has turned into a *****, get Lockerzzzz in there.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Someone put out an APB for Derrick Morgan while we're at it.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Hasselbeck is starting to suck with out Kenny Britt. CJ is sucking too and he looks slower. The interior line sucks there awful. Damien Williams is playing like ****, Lavelle ******* Hawkins is playing better than him. Chris Palmer needs to involve Jared Cook more IDC that he can't block like Graham and Stevens, I mean who the **** cares? the patriots and saints don't. Barett Rudd sucks, Stephen Tulloch is better than he is, I'm sorry but Barett Rudd sucks more than Tulloch. We can't cover 3rd team TEs(Casey is there 2nd TE). We can't rush the passer. Sean Smith is suppose to be a run stuffer and he is useless, he's just fat. we to sign Pat Williams just for this season. Jason Jones IDK what wrong with him but he is not playing great when Dave Ball plays better at stopping the run you know something is wrong. Michael Griffin took such a crappy angle on that one long TD pass to Foster. We suck so bad.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is a shame, VY just won games I guess.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Someone put out an APB for Derrick Morgan while we're at it.
He's actually one player I'd give a pass on. No other position requires more explosion and get-off than DE and I'm sure he's not fully back., physically or mentally. He needs time and continued reps.

Mike Griffin on the other hand....gtfo. Such a pansy when it comes to tackling. I laughed out loud during the game when Rich Gannon called him a "physical strong safety."
Old 10-23-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

And since I'm putting my thoughts down tonight, my official man-crush prospect so far this year is Zach Brown. Not necessarily for our team since there are bigger needs, but I've watched 3 or 4 UNC games this year and this guy really pops out. I think he'll be a stud weak side backer. But it's still early.

Finally got to catch a few ASU games this year too and wasn't blown away by Burfict. No doubt talent is there but he looks like a 34 ILB to me.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I wouldn't mind us throwing some 3-4 looks out there in the future.
I feel like Klug and JJ could play some end with Smith or Casey on the nose. (preferably Casey)
Ayers would be a nice 3-4 LB. Maybe let Morgan stand up a little. Obviously we don't have the personnel to run it full time, but maybe a drives worth a game would intrigue me.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Casey flashes alot. The tackle he made early in the game where he chased down the RB...he looked like a linebacker with that kind of movement. He's a nice piece to build around. JJ seeems to be MIA this year though. Smith has been pretty good but a little inconsistent in my opinion. A few splash plays, but not a ton in between. He seems to be able to disengage well but doesn't do a whole lot laterally.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What we need to do-

Bench CJ start Ringer. Don't even let him see the field until he gets his **** together and stops running like a little *****.

Sign T.O- Lavelle Hawkins doesn't know what a route is and Damian Williams is not ready for anything other than a #4 receiver role at this point. I don't give a **** about T.O being 100 years old or being a diva.

Keep Jared Cook on the field! Yes, Craig Stevens and Daniel Graham are better blockers, but they can't make up for our ****** interior offensive line.... might as well pass because we sure as hell can't run!

Shaun Smith does absolutely nothing.

Barrett Ruud makes me miss Tulloch, Colin McCarthy time.

Michael Griffin is quickly wearing down his welcome.

Munch needs to send a message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

I don't think we can play the 3-4 because Barett Rudd can't do anything shed blocks or tackle. I think Morgan is to stiff to drop into coverage. Ayers would be a beast in a 3-4.The rest of our linebackers are to small for the 3-4.

I'm starting to think that Carlos and JPP(he is already a great pass rusher) will be better DEs than Morgan.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Morgan is a year off a major knee injury and IMO will get better as the season goes on, he is the least of our worries right now.

Also, good to see CJ put everything on the offensive line in his press confrence. I'm sure you holding out and being a puss has nothing to do with the **** running game right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I've seen Morgan drop into man and zone coverage so far this year. Might as well mix it up a little IMO. And even though McCarthy and McRath are usually small for ILB in a 3-4, we might as well try it at some point if we're gonna get rushed on for 300 yds a game anyways. Yikes.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

By the way. Who is this Arian Foster and what has he done with the guy that played at UT?
Old 10-24-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

It would be nice if this franchise seemed like it knew where it was headed, year after year now we do one thing well, next year we don't do it well, then we have players playing well then really not well at all. Can everyone just get a ******* grip and play ball. We need to bring in Owens, at least then we will have something to maybe get excited about...even if it is a press conference.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Look at our roster. Alot of role players, no impact players, except maybe Finnegan. (Britt is out, and CJ is getting by on reputation only)
Old 10-25-2011, 05:28 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Agreed, I like Morgan but he is not an impact guy, I was devastated when JPP was drafted before him...see what JPP is doing now, killing fools. This year however I am so glad we drafted Locker, he needs to go in and play NOW, Hass has been OK but Locker has some great legs, he is a young and no doubt fearless, he may be able to light a spark in the team. We just seem to be going through the motions and not really caring.

Britt - Impact but injured.
Cook Jr - Impact but not being utilised.
Johnson - Impact but sucking ass.
Locker - Impact but on the bench.
JJ - Impact but sucking.
Ayers - Impact but a rookie.
Finnegan - Impact but not been on top of his game for a while.
Griffin - Impact but WHAT THE **** IS HE PLAYING AT.

We have an impact player in all positions really...they just aren't having any of the impact we need.

Last edited by stephenson86 : 10-25-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Can't agree. You're basing way too much on potential. My favorite line ever - The biggest trap NFL fans fall into is always assuming their young players will get better. In most cases, they don't.

Cook has flashes, but he's not an impact player until he proves it consistently.

Locker, we have no idea about. We like to think he is, but who really knows?

JJ gets by alot on the perception of what type of player he should be, in my opinion. If he is being utilized to the best of his ability, then he's a pass rushing 3-technique - and not on every down. Not consistent enough to be labeled an impact player, and certainly not showing he can be one playing DE.

Ayers looks solid, but he's done nothing to show that he's a game changer. Granted he's not playing a glamorous position, so he's not doing much besides lining up over TEs and setting the edge, plus not playing in nickel. Too early to tell on him.

Finnegan is having a great year and is currently the best player we have on defense. Pro Bowl caliber.

Griffin is not an impact player by any stretch of the imagination. He should be, but he's not and there's no way anyone can convince me otherwise until he shows it. Plays like a pansy.

Impact players make game changing plays.