Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Oh and, to the surprise of no one, Neal probably won't be ready to come back immediately after the Bye....and there is still no guarantee if he'll even play this year. At this point, the name Mike Neal is nothing but a myth in Green Bay
Pretty pathetic I must admit.
The combine needs to invent a drill where these guys are tested for toughness and durability somehow.
Figure out who's built of steel and who's brittle like glass.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Pretty pathetic I must admit.
The combine needs to invent a drill where these guys are tested for toughness and durability somehow.
Figure out who's built of steel and who's brittle like glass.
Neal started 23 of his last 24 collegiate games. Injuries happen. Look at Matthew Stafford, his first years in the NFL were injury riddled yet you could see the talent that he's now displaying.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:37 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Look at Matthew Stafford, his first years in the NFL were injury riddled yet you could see the talent that he's now displaying.
That's correct. And Stafford guaranteed he'd start 16 this year I remember. Ballzy.
The big difference is the QB can go a few games without getting sacked once. Stafford wasn't sacked til week 3 this year, by the Purple People Eaters when they crushed the Lions 20-0 in the first half.

Neal, at his position, has a physical battle every play. Again, I agree with bloodbrother at this point, the name Mike Neal is a myth in Green Bay, until he is back, producing, and sticks around.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's correct. And Stafford guaranteed he'd start 16 this year I remember. Ballzy.
The big difference is the QB can go a few games without getting sacked once. Stafford wasn't sacked til week 3 this year, by the Purple People Eaters when they crushed the Lions 20-0 in the first half.

Neal, at his position, has a physical battle every play. Again, I agree with bloodbrother at this point, the name Mike Neal is a myth in Green Bay, until he is back, producing, and sticks around.
Point being is you're overreacting. All players get dinged up and you're acting like its their fault. How about James Starks? Suffered year and year ending injuries in college, came in as a rookie and was injured, and flurished late in the year and this season. Things happen and we're 6-0 without him(Neal). Who really cares?

Last edited by cvv84 : 10-22-2011 at 10:29 AM.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats why I get annoyed when people bring up Finely and not wanting to sign because he had injuries. So he got hurt it happens to everybody. There really isnt a huge difference in how likely players are to get hurt. It just depends on being the unlucky one who gets hits or does the wrong thing at the right time. Look at Charles Woodson for a stretch there in Oakland he was missing tons of games, people thought he was done. Granted here he has been dinged up but hasnt really missed any.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Thats why I get annoyed when people bring up Finely and not wanting to sign because he had injuries. So he got hurt it happens to everybody. There really isnt a huge difference in how likely players are to get hurt. It just depends on being the unlucky one who gets hits or does the wrong thing at the right time. Look at Charles Woodson for a stretch there in Oakland he was missing tons of games, people thought he was done. Granted here he has been dinged up but hasnt really missed any.
And with guys like Finley and Neal you can see its killing them not to be on the field. They love to play the game and thats not something we saw with Harrell.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Point being is you're overreacting. All players get dinged up and you're acting like its their fault. Things happen and we're 6-0 without him(Neal). Who really cares?
I'm not concerned with the past, the 6 games we've already won.
I just want the guy to get back and play.
We don't need him in the past, but we will need him in the future. Coaches and GM specifically mentioned this guy when asked about the decision to let Jenkins leave.

In my opinion, Neal is a difference-maker in the trenches getting to QBs.
If he gets back and stays, you'll understand why I want the guy to heal up and become durable.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not concerned with the past, the 6 games we've already won.
I just want the guy to get back and play.
We don't need him in the past, but we will need him in the future. Coaches and GM specifically mentioned this guy when asked about the decision to let Jenkins leave.

In my opinion, Neal is a difference-maker in the trenches getting to QBs.
If he gets back and stays, you'll understand why I want the guy to heal up and become durable.
And thats why you can't predict injuries, even for a guy who started 23 of his last 24 games before coming into the NFL. What if we let James Jones go and Jennings went down?

We all know that we want/need him back but lay off the guy, its not like he doesn't want to play or be here.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the only thing that the D was doing well up to this point was stoppin the run and that went to sh*t today

another week, another opponent who puts up over 400 yards of offense. It's not hurting them right now, but this cannot continue. You don't win in the postseason with bad defense
Old 10-23-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw, Jennings hurt his hand in the 1st quarter, stayed in the game and obviously played great

problem is that he has his hand wrapped in ice and he said it hurts him. Getting X-rays tomorrow. I hope to god he didn't suffer a ******* fracture. Hopefully he just sprained it or something
Old 10-24-2011, 07:59 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So the only thing that the D was doing well up to this point was stoppin the run and that went to sh*t today

another week, another opponent who puts up over 400 yards of offense. It's not hurting them right now, but this cannot continue. You don't win in the postseason with bad defense
Our defense has gone to **** fast. We're leaving guys too open and its hurting us. Ponder threw into triple coverae a few times and was able to keep the chains moving. Thats unacceptable to me.

We're a much better team than we're playing right now so hopefully they can re-group over the bye week and get healthy again.

What ever happened to Pat Lee? With Shields out we turn to Bush? If thats the case then why isn't Davon House getting more opportunities?

We also have to get Erik Walden out of the starting lineup. That guy is just terrible. Can't cover, can pass rush, and a weak run defender. Zombo can't get healthy fast enough.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Sounds like the Pack didn't do much on D yesterday

Quote:
"We didn't throw a lot at him today," Woodson said. "A lot of man-to-man, and a lot of running around after their guys. Which I think for them helped out for moving Ponder out of the pocket, and us chasing guys all over the field."
but still, it definitely needs to improve if they want to win another SB. This offense is much better than last year but in order to win it all you need that lock down defense when it matters most. Right now this D is just a middle of the pack D, not elite like it was last year

they have to generate more of a pass rush, period. I don't know how they will do it, though. I don't think even if Neal does return that he can make such a drastic change. They still have no other OLB who can get to the QB
Old 10-24-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

GOOD NEWS: Greg Jennings only has a bruise to his hand. Sam Shields has also been cleared to return as well. The bye week came at a great time!

BAD NEWS: Alex Green done for the season.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
BAD NEWS: Alex Green done for the season.
That **** sucks.
Every year it seems we lose a guy to an ACL in that POS Metrodome.
Blackmon, Barnett, Tauscher.... now Alex Green.

Didn't this happen on a Cobb return?
Cobb was a serious detriment yesterday.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

They weren't really using Green much at all this year. Sucks that he loses the rest of the year of development, though

great news about Jennings, however. Was bracing for some lame news about him having a hairline fracture or some crap
Old 10-24-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They weren't really using Green much at all this year. Sucks that he loses the rest of the year of development, though

great news about Jennings, however. Was bracing for some lame news about him having a hairline fracture or some crap
Yeah they weren't using him, but I had hopes that he might be the guy that would bring fresh legs to the running game late in the season. Oh well, at least it appears he will be able to participate in training camp next year.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate saying this, because being undefeated is great and everything, but I hope we trip up eventually. Just because it takes a ton of pressure away and our defense needs a wake up call. We'll get toasted in the playoffs like we did against Arizona two years ago if it doesn't improve.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Yeah they weren't using him, but I had hopes that he might be the guy that would bring fresh legs to the running game late in the season. Oh well, at least it appears he will be able to participate in training camp next year.
Same here. Would be nice to see how he performed too so the decision we have to make with Grant this offseason would be a little more clearer.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I hate saying this, because being undefeated is great and everything, but I hope we trip up eventually. Just because it takes a ton of pressure away and our defense needs a wake up call. We'll get toasted in the playoffs like we did against Arizona two years ago if it doesn't improve.
Wrong. If you have a chance to go 19-0, you absolutely go for it. Gotta be rooting for that.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Wrong. If you have a chance to go 19-0, you absolutely go for it. Gotta be rooting for that.
As long as we win the last game of the year, I don't care how many losses we have. I'm sure the 2007 Patriots would trade a few of those regular season wins for a ring. I don't wanna be them.

But regardless I'm still rooting for us to win every game. I'm just not gonna be too disappointed if we did slip up. It would be better for the team in the long run.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
As long as we win the last game of the year, I don't care how many losses we have. I'm sure the 2007 Patriots would trade a few of those regular season wins for a ring. I don't wanna be them.

But regardless I'm still rooting for us to win every game. I'm just not gonna be too disappointed if we did slip up. It would be better for the team in the long run.
The Patriots also didn't win the Superbowl the year before they went 18-1 either. I think this team knows what they're capable of and can turn it on when they need to.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoping that the bye can get some of these guys over their nagging injuries, get Neal back into the DL rotation, hopefully get that club off of Burnett's hand, and get back to playing some real defense.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It kind of irks me to hear people talking about Christian Ponder like he actually did anything against Green Bay. He started something like 5/9 but ended the day 13/32 with 2 interceptions. That's Terrible. And Green Bay has played well against the run all season. There have been a few hiccups, but the only really big day came against (my opinion) the best running back in the NFL and one of the best in a long time. Going into the game against Minnesota, the Packers had given up only 3 points in the past 7 quarters.

They've beaten Chicago on the road, Atlanta on the road, and now Minnesota on the road. Say what you will about the talent of those squads, those are three of the toughest places to win. Not only has Rodgers and the offense held sway on opposing territory, but he's been absoFREAKINGlutely outstanding on the road.

The defense is definitely concerning when you think of opponents like New Orleans -- they scare me to death in the playoffs -- but to be 7-0 without having played a complete game on both sides of the ball yet? That's fantastic. As the weather gets worse, I think the defense is only going to get better and better, especially with home field advantage in the playoffs (potentially).

I'm sure you guys have discussed pretty much everything I just said, but it's been while. Sorry for the rambling mess.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
It kind of irks me to hear people talking about Christian Ponder like he actually did anything against Green Bay. He started something like 5/9 but ended the day 13/32 with 2 interceptions. That's Terrible. And Green Bay has played well against the run all season. There have been a few hiccups, but the only really big day came against (my opinion) the best running back in the NFL and one of the best in a long time. Going into the game against Minnesota, the Packers had given up only 3 points in the past 7 quarters.

They've beaten Chicago on the road, Atlanta on the road, and now Minnesota on the road. Say what you will about the talent of those squads, those are three of the toughest places to win. Not only has Rodgers and the offense held sway on opposing territory, but he's been absoFREAKINGlutely outstanding on the road.

The defense is definitely concerning when you think of opponents like New Orleans -- they scare me to death in the playoffs -- but to be 7-0 without having played a complete game on both sides of the ball yet? That's fantastic. As the weather gets worse, I think the defense is only going to get better and better, especially with home field advantage in the playoffs (potentially).

I'm sure you guys have discussed pretty much everything I just said, but it's been while. Sorry for the rambling mess.
It was a mixed performance IMO. He did make some really nice throws and showed good pocket awareness but the majority of his yardage came on the 1st play with a blown coverage and the rest when we were up by 2 scores and playing soft coverage.

He has some skills and not having any real tape on him doesn't help the defense any. I think the week 10 re-match will be a better indicator against us.

He is better than McNabb but he'll need to complete more passes because 13-32 just doesn't cut it.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

His 3rd down conversions, especially converting 3-3 of them for that last TD, was impressive as hell. And a few of the passes he was facing the huge rush from Matthews in his face.

I give him credit for that clutchness.
Contrast that with Carson Palmer or Kyle Boller, or Joe Flacco or Blaine Gabbert....... Ponder might be okay.