Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-24-2011, 07:40 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damnit, I missed it.

Will they show this episode some time during the week?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:05 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Damnit, I missed it.

Will they show this episode some time during the week?
You can watch it on the AMC website.

But I kind of agree with everyone else, just not to the same extent. I actually some of the characters, like Dale and Daryl. I like Rick for the most part too. But I can not stand the kids. Carl doesn't do anything and Sophia is a freaking moron. I know she is just 12 but she is still just awful. I've liked this season so far, but this episode was a low for me. Had some serious plot holes and it didn't move the story forward at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The acting is bad, the characters aren't likeable at all, the plot for this season is stupid and unbelievable... I'll keep watching, though.

What kind of moron adult lets a little kid approach a buck? That's just ******* stupid. And it's not like they don't know better because they're a bunch of ******* rednecks... That buck would have killed that kid if the most unrealistic shot ever didn't happen.

Seriously? The bullet went all the way through the thickest part of the animal and nailed the boy like 40 yards from the exit wound? That's just ******* stupid. It was a normal hunting rifle... The whole situation is ********. Everything about it.

I just really don't care what happens to the characters. I hope the little girl is dead in a ditch, completely eaten by zombies. I hope the mother offs herself. I wish the blonde chick would off herself or get eaten already. Shane is a *****. Dale is insufferable. The token black guy is horrible. The only decent character might be Darryl. If they all died, I just wouldn't care. I especially wish Carl just died so we didn't have to see his stupid ***** face anymore because he's a terrible character.

I'll keep watching through this season, but they might lose me. Especially with Dexter picking up steam and being on at the same time.
All of this. Thats how I feel haha. I literally said to my roommate last night I wouldn't care if any of these people died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
You can watch it on the AMC website.

But I kind of agree with everyone else, just not to the same extent. I actually some of the characters, like Dale and Daryl. I like Rick for the most part too. But I can not stand the kids. Carl doesn't do anything and Sophia is a freaking moron. I know she is just 12 but she is still just awful. I've liked this season so far, but this episode was a low for me. Had some serious plot holes and it didn't move the story forward at all.

i hate amc, ive timed them out before and its usually close to a 1:1 show/commercial ratio, which is insane. Im very dissappointed as it appears they will drag this missing/shot kids story line out as long as they can instead of ending it and moving on to a new idea. just seems very lazy to me.

anyway, the kids need to die immediately, theyre annoying as hell. and the women can all go except ricks wife who is for the present tolerable. The other two are brutally annoying, and their is just a serious lack of zombie *** whooping going on. and when is the redneck's handless brother gunna come back into the story?

they just seem to move things along very slowly, like they ran out of ideas and need to drage these out or are saving them for future seasons. I still like the show but they need to step up and have some characters with some balls, frustrating to watch at times.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved when the one women who lost her kid looks at the blonde and says I hope my child doesnt end up like your sister". I laughed so hard at that, seriously can't believe they wrote that in the script. I don't think anyone would ever say something like that to a person who had lost their sibling, no matter what the current situation is. This show needs more zombies and less stupid annoying characters.

Quote:
Old 10-24-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I loved when the one women who lost her kid looks at the blonde and says I hope my child doesnt end up like your sister". I laughed so hard at that, seriously can't believe they wrote that in the script. I don't think anyone would ever say something like that to a person who had lost their sibling, no matter what the current situation is. This show needs more zombies and less stupid annoying characters.
haha that was absurd. It wasnt even like it was a subtle back handed thing that she couldve said then realized oh wow that was offensive didnt mean it like that. That was just brutally stupid.

ive decided that if there is a zombie apacolypse that im having a timeout island reserved for anyone who is far too stupid to deserve to say the survived the zombie invasion or might be a danger/waste of space to other survivors. anytime a woman starts screaming uselessly or has no composure of any kind, she'd be toast. for example:

the blonde last night, the zombie is coming at her and she just screams at it like a dumb*** instead of yelling for help and fighting it. and why was she suddenly alone? or...
when she was in the bathroom of the bus-thing and couldnt keep herself quiet enough to avoid detection.
when the mother got mad at rick for...trying to save her daughter when she did nothing in the slightest to help as well.

they need to be sent off to this timeout island for a predetermined amount of time, determined by offense and number of offenses, like prison.

Last edited by hockey619 : 10-24-2011 at 10:16 AM.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah. I cringed really bad when the whiny mother said that... At that point I had to pause just so I could gather myself before venturing forth (BG reference, nerds). ******* horrible dialogue. Horrible acting. I'm starting to love watching this show for how much I hate all the characters except Darryl and how horrible the acting is and how horrible the dialogue is...
Old 10-24-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As bad as this show is, I'll still watch it haha. I love zombie stuff. I do hope a massive horde of super zombies eats everyone but Rick, Shane, Glenn, Darryl and Lauren Cohen, who played the Vets daughter, but only because she is hot. The rest can be zombie food for all I care. Especially Carl and super especially T-dog.

I guess Ricks wife can stay. She isn't bad.

And as bad as this show is, I'd much rather watch it over that abortion of a show that they turned Dexter into.

edit1: Did anyone else notice in the bag of medicine that Darryl had there was a bag of blue meth? A slight nod to Breaking Bad there.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 10-24-2011 at 11:10 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how the fatass that shot Carl was acting like a ******** child, crying and looking for comfort when they got back to the farm, then all of a sudden was tough and brave when they started talking about going to get the supplies. lol
Old 10-24-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was Darryl I would steal all the guns and ammo I could and go off alone before the rest of those idiots got me killed.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think that this is kind of a bad show, but I don't think its as bad as most of you do, haha.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Second season has started pretty slow so far. I am not pleased.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I do think that this is kind of a bad show, but I don't think its as bad as most of you do, haha.
Eh, if you just sit there and enjoy it for what it should be, just zombie killing fun, then it isn't so bad. I guess everyone is just spoiled with good shows that they're expecting this to be something more than that. If you start nit-picking, you'll see that it is pretty bad.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I think a lot of the problem people have is the network its on.. this show isn't in the same solar system as shows like Mad Men or Breaking Bad, so expectations can run high.

It's not a good show by any stretch of the imagination, and a lot of the writing is downright awful, but I can still sit there for an hour and be somewhat entertained. And sometimes that is enough.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My God people it's a TV show about Zombies you are taking it way to serious.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think a lot of the problem people have is the network its on.. this show isn't in the same solar system as shows like Mad Men or Breaking Bad, so expectations can run high.

It's not a good show by any stretch of the imagination, and a lot of the writing is downright awful, but I can still sit there for an hour and be somewhat entertained. And sometimes that is enough.
I think a large portion of the first season actually was on par with their other shows, though. Which is why the crapfest that we've been subjected to in Season 2 is so hilarious.

(I did catch the blue meth in the drug bag! I almost didn't even think about it because I'm so used to BB that I expect to see the blue everywhere)

We're all bashing it - with great cause and good reason - but we also are all still going to watch it! I love this ****! There are times when it's difficult to watch, and we're all pissed there has been a complete lack of zombies so far...but it's enjoyable to watch whether it's being entertaining or hilariously terrible.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
My God people it's a TV show about Zombies you are taking it way to serious.
I don't think anyone's taking it that seriously... It's terrible and we're all joking about how terrible it is...but we're all still going to watch it.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm fine with a slow episode, as long as there is good character development, but there wasn't.. so that kind of sucked.

Here is to hoping there is some giant zombie attack on the farm and everyone has to sit there for 60 minutes blasting them dead. That would be an entertaining episode.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm fine with a slow episode, as long as there is good character development, but there wasn't.. so that kind of sucked.

Here is to hoping there is some giant zombie attack on the farm and everyone has to sit there for 60 minutes blasting them dead. That would be an entertaining episode.
Exactly right. There was no advancement from this episode. You could completely skip this episode and not miss a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17;2724039[B
]Eh, if you just sit there and enjoy it for what it should be, just zombie killing fun, then it isn't so bad.[/b] I guess everyone is just spoiled with good shows that they're expecting this to be something more than that. If you start nit-picking, you'll see that it is pretty bad.
Thats how season one went for me. Season two there has been barely any zombies in the show.

Quote:
Old 10-24-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't think anyone's taking it that seriously... It's terrible and we're all joking about how terrible it is...but we're all still going to watch it.
Also pretty much this. I hate when people say so and so is being too serious about a tv show because we have high expectations of something. Just because someone is ok with a weak start thus far doesn't mean we all have to. I'll keep watching for the same reason anyone else will, because I'm a huge zombie fan. This show just could be much more than it is.

Quote:
Old 10-24-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the lack of zombies. The Walking Dead has always been a show about people surviving, w/ zombies.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think next episode will be a lot better. With Shane and that fat farmer stuck in the hospital with zombies all over the place. Definitely a recipe for a lot of killing.

and this sneak peak from episode 3 is somewhat decent. http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...e-the-last-one

I'm definitely not ready to give up on this show just yet.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

See, even that clip kinda pisses me off. Darryl is quite a badass, but why does he have Andrea with him, in the middle of the night, in the woods? That doesn't make any sense. If that dumb ***** gets Darryl killed I'm gunna be pissed.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I like the lack of zombies. The Walking Dead has always been a show about people surviving, w/ zombies.
Agreed, sir.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote