Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-18-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm off to get my copy of Batman AC it is gonna be epic!!!I will be playing all day!!!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

okay so normally I get off work and when I don't have plans I will find an hour or two to play something, but haven't been lately because Dark Souls is just so, so pervasive. Even Demon's Souls was tough but fair, this is borderline cruelty. I will finish...Batman is my reward.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still downloading the extra characters gonna take a break for lunch then play it after lunch.Didn't think it would take so long but oh well.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
okay so normally I get off work and when I don't have plans I will find an hour or two to play something, but haven't been lately because Dark Souls is just so, so pervasive. Even Demon's Souls was tough but fair, this is borderline cruelty. I will finish...Batman is my reward.
Where are you right now? I had to start over like three times because of a platform switch and accidentally R2'ing an NPC. I'm really loving it right now. There was a stretch where it was supremely rough, but the part I'm at right now isn't as stressful and is actually really, really cool. You just have to keep pushing through haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Do you mean punitive? If you don't then I don't know what you mean.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Dark Souls and Deus Ex, which should I devote more time to?
Old 10-18-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I have Dark Souls and Deus Ex, which should I devote more time to?
That's a real tough choice man. Dark Souls is punishingly awesome....but Deus Ex was pretty amazing as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-18-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

So far Batman AC is pretty solid.Game runs much smoother then AA did and graphics are much greatly improved as well.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any1 else planning on getting battlefield 3.. i'm going to wait for the reviews

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

I'm gonna wait on my self I'm getting MW3 and the Metal Gear Solid HD collection instead.I'll be set on gaming for the winter time.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
That's a real tough choice man. Dark Souls is punishingly awesome....but Deus Ex was pretty amazing as well.
Yeah Deus Ex has a pretty solid grip on my attention at the moment. After not being thrilled with Dead Island, which my friends seem to really like (I found it to be a boring game in general) I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get into it and maybe RPGs weren't my thing any more, but Deus Ex has refreshed my interest in RPG's, it's the tits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
any1 else planning on getting battlefield 3.. i'm going to wait for the reviews
I plan on getting at least one of MW3 or BF3 just not sure which one yet. Besides Skyrim those are the only games coming out that I am excited for.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was an excellent game. <3

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:32 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Do you mean punitive? If you don't then I don't know what you mean.
No I meant pervasive. The game just does not let you go, it is tough to focus on other games when I have that much of a challenge to go ahead with. Thanks for checking...

Deus Ex was fun, great game, I maybe should have had the patience to buy it used but oh well. Can't wait for Arkham City but if I don't beat Dark Souls soon I might have to skip some of the blockbuster games coming out, uncharted, skyrim, I'm interested in NBA2k12 too.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Deus Ex: Human Revolution was an excellent game. <3
Currently $35.99 on Amazon.

Just ordered Dead Island for $45 and now thinking about adding HR to the order. Damn you Amazon, making me want to spend money...

Aaaand just updated my order to include HR. I forgot I had a $40 gift balance, so Dead Island and HR for $45. I have just ruined my next month of free time...

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 10-19-2011 at 10:49 AM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Friendly tip for anyone playing Dark Souls; when you get to Anor Londo, bring arrows. Preferably poison arrows, 20-30 should do. You'll thank me later.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-20-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just bought Batman: Arkham Asylum. Finally.
Hopefully by the time I'm done with it, Arkham City will cost a bit less.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Just bought Batman: Arkham Asylum. Finally.
Hopefully by the time I'm done with it, Arkham City will cost a bit less.
I've to play the first game either but I need to just bc ive heard so many great things about it. Im not really a batman fan but still i anxious to try it
Old 10-20-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest, if you have even a basic understanding/interest in Batman, you will enjoy it. ANd by that, I mean you recognize the characters. Other than that, it really doesn't require any previous knowledge and is just like a storyline of some completely new game. That's how I was going in.

It creates it's own story while you play. It isn't too terribly deep or lengthy, but it is a fun game and especially with Arkham City now out, would be a good play knowing it isn't just a one time game with nothing following up.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Never mind got it done!

Last edited by 49erNation85 : 10-20-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IGN gave Uncharted 3 a perfect 10. mmm.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-25-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If all goes well I should be getting the 160GB PS3 next month and have some noob questions.

1. Is 160GB enough? I really have no plans to have music,movies ect on it and it will pretty much only be used for gaming and Netflix.

2. How do you go about getting Netflix on the PS3. Do you just download it like you do on the Wii?

3. Can't you instal games to speed up load times and what not? Is that a must and will I have enough space to do it on a 160GB system?

Plus rep for help.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I have an 80 GB and that's plenty. But I dont even install games unless they need to be. It does improve the load times for sure, though.

Any idea what games you'll be getting right away?

What genres do you like?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-25-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I might skip Uncharted 2 and go straight for Uncharted 3, looks so ******* awesome.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I might skip Uncharted 2 and go straight for Uncharted 3, looks so ******* awesome.
You havent played 2!?! :(

It's soooooooooo good. Just go buy it today and hammer it out and then get 3. haha.

I'm actually playing through 2 right now again, just gearing up for 3. Amazing game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-25-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

1. 160GB is fine. 250 is sort of overkill, unless you plan on downloading a ton of content....and large content too. Should be really hard to fill that up.

2. Netflix is easy. Just update the PS3's firmware(it'll likely prompt you to do so right away) and go over to the video tab and there's a services bubble or something like that. Netflix should be right in there. Just select it and 30 seconds later you're good to go.

3. You can install some games, but a whole ton don't offer the option and most of them it's just for texture streaming anyway as opposed to speeding up load times, unfortunately.

R.I.P. Junior Seau