Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2011, 01:46 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default SWDC Top 100?

Update.
Quote:
Everyone can start PM'ing their lists now. I'll be accepting them until May 27th, 11:59pm EST. That's 24 days from now. The concept is simple, who are the best players going into the 2012 season, at each position. Compile a top 10 from QB, through 43DE, 34DE to S. I almost sorted tackles and guards into their seperate right and left positions but decided against it. Don't shy away from ranking RT in the Top 10 if they're better at what they do. Free safeties and strong safeties are grouped ito safeties.

Quarterbacks.
Running Back.
Fullback.
Wide Recievers.
Tight Ends.
Offensive Tackles.
Guards.
Centers.

4-3 Defensive Ends.
3-4 Defensive Ends.
4-3 Defensive Tackles.
3-4 Nose Tackles.
4-3 Outside Linebackers.
3-4 Outside Linebackers.
4-3 Inside Linebackers.
4-3 Inside Linebackers.
Cornerbacks.
Safeties.

Returners.
If you haven't already seen the Overrated and Underrated threads in the Pro Football section then go check them out. In those threads, it's hard to actually gauge who is and isn't over/under rated and although we have an idea, and that comes from the media mostly, we don't really know where each other ranks them.

It actually gave me an idea of gathering some of the more respected and rational posters and having each submit some sort of Top 100 list like NFL Network's via PM. And from there I'd average out each individuals' ranking and put it out the Pro Football thread as discussion. And discussion there will be plenty of.

I think it'd be kind of cool to see where everyone ranks the players in the NFL since everyone here seems to have some sort of opinion on just about any and every player. Compare and contrast ours to that of the experts, etc,. I'm willing to put in the time of gathering lists if there is enough interested in submitting one. It'll give us a better idea of the general consensus among the board.

Even if you wanna make a list of Top 10 players by position, I'm down with that, too.

How do we feel about this? Who would be interested? Any suggestions? Ideas stemming from this?

It's seems like an off season kind of thing to do, I know.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 05-03-2012 at 05:26 PM.
tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote