Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-22-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is going to suck:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...he_office.html
Old 10-22-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:( She was horrible.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to be so forced to incorporate her to the show. It'll be a sideshow. Just a bad fit.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:17 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is gonna suck donkey balls. She really felt out of place last time she was on. I hope that some how they can do some thing that won't make this suck completely.

Also I was watching some old episodes from season 2 and it just reminded me how much I miss Michael Scott. He was the main character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah...they're advertising it like it's some great thing too...
Old 10-23-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I really think the show can achieve some success Post-Carell, but the biggest thing that's lacking is a plot. And I mean that in the sense that the show never seems to be building toward anything. It's not enough to just give all 15 characters one joke per episode and think that's enough.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I really think the show can achieve some success Post-Carell, but the biggest thing that's lacking is a plot. And I mean that in the sense that the show never seems to be building toward anything. It's not enough to just give all 15 characters one joke per episode and think that's enough.
Yeah, there really hasn't been a plot this season. Every other season has had one. Season 1 was the branch closing and last year was Michael finally getting the girl and riding off into the sunset.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Needs a gamechanger, like the Michael Scott Paper Company storyline which was the best the show has ever done.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Needs a gamechanger, like the Michael Scott Paper Company storyline which was the best the show has ever done.
Pretty much.

They could just hit on the economic woes again. I liked the episode this season where the whole office was hellbent on reaching Andy's incentive threshold. Why not introduce a little conflict and tension business-wise instead of the only conflict being between Angela and Pam's competing pregnancies (which I'm already tired of).
Old 10-23-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I could not care any less about the stupid Angela/Pam back and forth. Combine that with the utter destruction of Kevin's character, Jim becoming an annoying, relentless mugging at the camera machine, realizing Gabe is still on the show, and making Robert California considerably less interesting, it's all downhil.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-23-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

They need to make Robert more like he was in the Season 7 finale. More enigmatic and manipulating.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watch this show far too much. I find myself going through past seasons when I am bored... Finally the 7th season is on Netflix so I can watch that again!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has there not been a show in a week or two?
I set up my DVR to record all shows and I've gotten nothing.
Not sure if I screwed the pooch while I was setting it up or if they're taking an early break

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wasn't new last week.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Tonight's Halloween episode better be good. Last year's "Costume Contest" was one of the absolute worth in recent memory.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Tonight's Halloween episode better be good. Last year's "Costume Contest" was one of the absolute worth in recent memory.
I am actually watching that episode now... The open was pretty decent but the rest is quite blah.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I am actually watching that episode now... The open was pretty decent but the rest is quite blah.
I don't remember the specifics other than that I didn't laugh.

I do recall Kevin having one great moment, but that's all.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sick of every show feeling obligated to do a Halloween episode.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm sick of every show feeling obligated to do a Halloween episode.
The office does one every year. That's tradition for this show.

But for most shows, I agree with you.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Things I Liked:
1) Robert's Halloween story
2) Kevin's fear of mummies
3) Creed, both his costume choice and the fact that he FINALLY HAD A LINE THIS SEASON!
4) The tag with Bert firing Toby
5) Jim's reluctance to be Chris Bosh

Things I Hated:
1) Andy/Erin plot
2) Angela bringing up her pregnancy with Pam ... again ... and not in a funny way
3) Pam and Jim disagreeing over ghosts
4) Everything else. Lots of time spent on unfunny plots.

This episode wasn't very good, despite having some things I did like.

Last edited by Xiomera : 10-27-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid episode. Just way too much of Andy and Erin. I pretty much agree with everything Xio said.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I thought it was pretty awful.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This season has been pretty crappy so far honestly, and I was hoping they'd be able to figure out a way to keep the show going at a high level without Steve Carell, but it just isn't happening.

I'll still watch it, but it isn't a must watch night of show for me anymore. And that is sad. Oh well, I'll always have Goodbye Michael.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

The show could be good without Michael, it's just the writers have stopped giving a ****.

RIP TheManInBlack