Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-19-2011, 09:10 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People sure do like tor rip Oklahoma QB's.
I remember Bradford getting torn apart by some people on here before the draft, but now everybody loves him.
Landry does not have that same accuracy Bradford does, he he still has the qualities to be a good NFL QB. What really separates him from Locker or Gabbert?
The OP ripped Landry for his interception he threw against FSU, but then failed to mention he led OU down the field for the game winning score in the 4th quarter. That is what you want to see, a QB capable of overcoming a mistake and leading his team to a game deciding score late.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry's skillset is nowhere near Bradford's. For as much flac as Bradford got for having an "average" arm, Landry's is worse. His accuracy just isn't there, his high completion % is part of the system. Much closer to a Tony Pike than Bradford.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos View Post
Yeah, I know EXACTLY who Bradford played with. He also played Brody Eldrigde a FB who got drafted and plays for the Indianapolis Colts, Trent Williams a LT who went number 4 for to the Washington Redskins. He also played with 2 1000 yard rushers in Chris Brown and Demarco Murray. LOL You don't have to question my knowledge of College football. LOL, I will make you look like an idiot.

Landry Jones didn't have the same personal around him that Bradford had, but yet put up better numbers. As for Malcolm Kelly? He was a great WR in college, but he was never going to amount to much in the NFL even if he came back from his injuries. He didn't have elite speed to create separation from NFL CB's. His athleticism got him by in college, but it is a whole different story at the next level. His pro day was HORRIBLE. He ran like a 4.8 forty!

Anything else arse clown?
I'm so impressed by you. I wish I could give you a trophy of some kind.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Sam Bradford is all he's cracked up to be anyway.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:08 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
I don't think Sam Bradford is all he's cracked up to be anyway.
He does seem to be struggling with a more complicated offense that we all thought he'd excel in. He's thinking too much. Obviously, StL has played a really tough schedule so far, so we'll see how if he can get it together in the softer part of the schedule and down the stretch.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He does seem to be struggling with a more complicated offense that we all thought he'd excel in. He's thinking too much. Obviously, StL has played a really tough schedule so far, so we'll see how if he can get it together in the softer part of the schedule and down the stretch.
It doesn't help when your stud RB gets injured, your WR's/TE's/RB's drop passes, and your OL has trouble blocking. Bradford's been sacked 21 times already this season in 5 games.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:12 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course Bradford has a terrible supporting cast, but it cuts both ways. Last year he received the lions share of credit for the Rams surprising season and you didn't hear as much about the supporting cast. He has a contract for 50 million guaranteed. I know it's not fair but it falls on him. If St. Louis knew they weren't planning on getting much help for Bradford then they should have invested their 50 million in Ndamukong Suh who doesn't need a good supporting cast to be a dominant NFL player.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
CMR#20
Rookie

CMR#20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CMR#20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bradford had the accuracy and mental discipline that Landry Jones doesn't have which is why Landry will fail. I see Landry make 5 step drops he always fires the deep pass on a 5 step drop. When Jones makes a 7 step drop he gets pressured and runs out of the pocket. Coordinators will pick up on this and force Jones to make 3 step drops by pressuring him.
CMR#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:31 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry Jones has a better arm than Bradford and there's no reason to think he's going to fail in the NFL.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:47 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
It doesn't help when your stud RB gets injured, your WR's/TE's/RB's drop passes, and your OL has trouble blocking. Bradford's been sacked 21 times already this season in 5 games.
They still have decent quality runners and the receivers aren't nearly as bad as people make them out to be. The OL has been fine in the past.

A lot of the things that are happening to this team are indicative of a QB that's just struggling with the offense. It's not a terrible mark against him, but it makes sense. He's a young QB and didn't get much of an off-season to work with McDaniels on the little intricacies. He's not used to adjusting protections and having the amount of responsibility before the snap that QBs in that offense have.

On Landry Jones, I don't like him much. He's a JAG on a great team. He doesn't do anything overly impressive. His accuracy is average, his arm is average, his athleticism is average, his size is average, and he really just doesn't seem to lead that team at all. I don't see a player with much command over his teammates when I watch Landry Jones. To me, Landry Jones is just kind of..."there". Average is fine, there have been amazing QBs in the NFL with average everything...but the latter point is the sticky mess.

Last edited by nepg : 10-21-2011 at 05:59 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:00 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He sucks. At a certain point, you stop evaluating tools and you start evaluating results. He's an absolute disaster sometimes. Will not deserve to start in the NFL.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
He sucks. At a certain point, you stop evaluating tools and you start evaluating results. He's an absolute disaster sometimes. Will not deserve to start in the NFL.
What a description. "Will not deserve to start in the NFL."

I personally see Landry coming back next year. I don't think he'll come out now, similar to what Bradford did.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:30 AM    (permalink
CMR#20
Rookie

CMR#20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CMR#20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Oklahoma recruited a 5 star quarterback Blake Bell. Bell is a freshman redshirt. Bell will transfer if Jones returns. I am certain Jones is declaring.
CMR#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
RCSooner
Rookie

RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably the only Sooner fan who thinks Landry will be a bust in the NFL. He'll probably go in Round One based on Bradford's success, but that doesn't equal success for Landry in the NFL. He's like Joey Harrington IMO...
Old 10-25-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of the top rated QBs heading into the 2012 draft, Landry Jones is the guy who scares me the most.

If he went to a team set up like the Patriots with their hybrid spread I think he would do fine.

Otherwise I could see him struggling at times. He doesn't elevate his game as much as I would like.

It's really hard to evaluate guys who play for talent rich programs like Oklahoma.

In the '80s and '90s FSU had some of the best QBs in college football, but not one of them was the same player in the pros.

I think Charlie Ward could have been a solid pro QB but it wasn't his favorite sport.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
OGDraft
Rookie

OGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
On Landry Jones, I don't like him much. He's a JAG on a great team. He doesn't do anything overly impressive. His accuracy is average, his arm is average, his athleticism is average, his size is average, and he really just doesn't seem to lead that team at all. I don't see a player with much command over his teammates when I watch Landry Jones. To me, Landry Jones is just kind of..."there". Average is fine, there have been amazing QBs in the NFL with average everything...but the latter point is the sticky mess.
Agree with this 100%. Nothing about him makes me say he'll be an excellent franchise QB one day. He's very average. He's inconsistent too and struggles when he's pressured. There's more bad than good around Jones imo.
OGDraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's similar to Gabbert in terms of pocket presence, and that scares me. That system and supporting cast really masks some of his deficiencies. He has an okay arm, but he never makes any kind of "wow" throw with either accuracy or strength. He's not very mobile, and is really only consistent on throws under 15 yards. Look at what Texas Tech did to him..They took away underneath throws for majority of the game and he struggled.There's also always that "i lost my puppy" look on his face when **** isn't going well, kind of like what Matt Cassel does. Best case scenario, he'll be like a Jason Campbell in the NFL. He won't lose you the game, but he won't win it for you, either.
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Yeah, he's similar to Gabbert in the bad ways and isn't nearly as talented or gifted in the other things that matter. I simply don't get the Landry Jones "Franchise QB" talk.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
RCSooner
Rookie

RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry just has a good arm and Ryan Broyles and Kenny Stills to throw to, but that's it. I think he's the most overrated prospect in this draft.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
GoBroncos
Rookie

GoBroncos is a cocksman.GoBroncos is a cocksman.GoBroncos is a cocksman.GoBroncos is a cocksman.

500+ yards passing today. Yeah, he isn't any good. He will be a bust in the NFL. Any more commentary? LOL
GoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
500+ yards passing today. Yeah, he isn't any good. He will be a bust in the NFL. Any more commentary? LOL
Yes because 1 college game will determine he will bust and another will determine he's not. You're being just as bad as the OP.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason White put up those kind of numbers in the Oklahoma offense, how's he doing? Sam Bradford isn't looking that great either this year. Landry is a top 20 prospect, but he isn't the franchise QB prospect some make him out to be.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Jason White put up those kind of numbers in the Oklahoma offense, how's he doing? Sam Bradford isn't looking that great either this year. Landry is a top 20 prospect, but he isn't the franchise QB prospect some make him out to be.
Jason White's knees were basically shot and dead when he came out. Plus, the age thing. Was he a high round prospect? Probably not, but still people need to stop bringing him up.
Landry is back to showing inconsistency this year. He started out great IMO, but has reverted back to making a horrible decision followed up by amazing throws. He would definitely be a QB that should sit and fine tune his skills, ala Locker.
Although, it seriously wouldn't surprise me if he came back next year at this point. I think his value took a dip after the loss and some shaky starts to games. OU will lose Broyles, but still have good WR's and solid RB's to work with.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Jason White's knees were basically shot and dead when he came out. Plus, the age thing. Was he a high round prospect? Probably not, but still people need to stop bringing him up.
Landry is back to showing inconsistency this year. He started out great IMO, but has reverted back to making a horrible decision followed up by amazing throws. He would definitely be a QB that should sit and fine tune his skills, ala Locker.
Although, it seriously wouldn't surprise me if he came back next year at this point. I think his value took a dip after the loss and some shaky starts to games. OU will lose Broyles, but still have good WR's and solid RB's to work with.
I'm bringing up White since it doesn't take a great QB to put up those type of stats in that offense. Jones is much more talented than White, but I'm just saying he isn't the top 10 pick that some are claiming.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:49 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good God this is the worst post in the history of this forum. Chris Weinke threw for 500 yards a couple of times in college too. Go away.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote