Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-31-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This show is losing me more and more each week. That episode was ****.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just glad the show was better tonight.

I predict that Shane goes full on bad guy before the end of the season. He's already exhibited plenty of bad guy selfish moves. He's a survivor that can rationalize anything to better his lot in life.

I dig this development.

Hopefully the Asian kid (lol can't remember his name ) gets some nookie.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:36 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This show is losing me more and more each week. That episode was ****.
While by no means good, I thought it was better. However, I was only half paying attention due to a screaming baby on my lap.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, i was rooting hard for that chick to take her clothes off. She's got a nice ass.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This past episode was just so ********, I'm probably going to stop watching the show altogether now. They're taking the most far-fetched things they can think of and trying to make them seem normal.

Also, cliche storylines.

It's zombies, everybody loves zombies. How can you **** this up? It's harder to make people dislike zombies than like them.

There's so much you can do with a zombie series, and somehow they managed to **** this up.

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 10-31-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:36 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I forwarded through every scene with Rick and his ***** wife. I can't take their **** acting.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:46 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, what you listed as what they should do with characters and storylines doesn't sound any more interesting than what they are doing. It's not "that easy" to make an extended series about zombies. It's entirely new on this scale. If somebody just snapped like that, you'd probably complain that there was no character development leading up to it. The show is obviously a cash cow that is far from great, but some of these complaints are pretty pointless.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:33 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually really liked this episode. But I'm sick of the "Lost Girl" storyline. They have milked it for three episodes. I hope next week she either comes back or they find that ***** half eaten on a river bank.

Seriously, how hard is it for a 12 year old to find her way back? When I was 8, I could navigate the woods in my town so easily. This little girl can't find her way back to a highway 100 yards away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand people having problems with the "hanging zombie?"

I base my understanding of zombies on the creator of the flesh-eating genre (George Romero) and he has hung zombies and had them walk underwater. Obviously they don't need to breathe to exist.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:13 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I don't understand people having problems with the "hanging zombie?"

I base my understanding of zombies on the creator of the flesh-eating genre (George Romero) and he has hung zombies and had them walk underwater. Obviously they don't need to breathe to exist.
Or maybe he didn't hang himself correctly. You can obviously hear the walker breathing (albeit difficultly). That means he didn't do a good job making a noose.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 10-31-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The weird part about this show is that whenever they actually have some interesting characters, they are either killed off (CDC guy, Amy and Otis) or are never heard from again (Merle and Morgan).
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Or maybe he didn't hang himself correctly. You can obviously hear the walker breathing (albeit difficultly). That means he didn't do a good job making a noose.
I agree that having him "struggling to breathe" was poorly done.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
The weird part about this show is that whenever they actually have some interesting characters, they are either killed off (CDC guy, Amy and Otis) or are never heard from again (Merle and Morgan).
Agree. And all of the "gang" characters who were actually running a nursing home in Atlanta.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this episode was light years better than the first two, so I don't really get all the complaints and I REALLY don't get the nitpicking. No show is perfect, and this one least of all, but come on.. try to suspend reality for a few minutes when you're watching a TV show, especially one about zombies.

And yeah, it isn't that great of a show, but some of you are acting like it's the worst thing on TV and it isn't even close. Have you seen what they put on CBS these days?

Every week people complain about the same characters.. what do you expect to happen in a week? Some of these characters are awful, but complaining about them every single week isn't going to help matters, and they're not going to drastically change. All we can do is hope a few of them are eaten.

And lastly, I agree that the little girl storyline is far fetched and stupid, but it's going to be on a big part of the show until it's resolved, so you might as well get used to it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 10-31-2011 at 10:35 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FINALLY! A good episode...well, sort of... The episode was pure ass aside from the Shane parts. Too much Carl ********. NO ONE LIKES CARL! Just kill him off already.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In these sort of post-Apocalyptic stories kids could be a great part of the story. For example, in the movie "The Road" Viggo Mortensen character's sole reason for living was his son and it was a great part of the story.

You can tell that they are trying to do something similar with Rick and Lori, but something isn't clicking.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I didn't think the writers could make me dislike Shane's character any more than I already did, but they succeeded. What a dick move!
That's one of the few character's they've done a good job with. You're not supposed to like Shane. He does whatever it takes to survive and he does whatever is in his best interests. The Shane character has been consistent throughout.

In fact, Shane might be the only character on the show that's been done well. Even the one character we all like, Darryl, hasn't been very consistent. But Shane drives a lot of the storylines, and does a good job making us not like him for the right reasons.

But there are a lot of useless characters in this show. The blonde chick, the old guy, the token ethnicities (really, the ******* Asian guy is wearing a hat like he's the goddamn Indiana Jones kid...can that be more obvious?), the mother who's lost her daughter... These are all worthless characters for the group. They add nothing but mindless filler.

I fast forward through any scene involving the old guy, blonde chick, tokens, and Carl. I rarely sit through the Rick-Wife crap either.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

The Asian kid actually started out well, but recently they haven't done much with him.

Maybe there is something more between him and that chick.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Glen but T-Dog can get eaten this second and I'd be fine with it.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The Asian kid actually was good in the beginning of Season 1. I will give him that. But he's been completely useless...just the token Asian. I'm really tired of T-Dog. As the token black person, he represents his ethnicity horribly. Usually the token characters are there to draw a demographic to the show...I don't know any black people that would give a **** about T-Dogg.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The Asian kid actually was good in the beginning of Season 1. I will give him that. But he's been completely useless...just the token Asian. I'm really tired of T-Dog. As the token black person, he represents his ethnicity horribly. Usually the token characters are there to draw a demographic to the show...I don't know any black people that would give a **** about T-Dogg.
Based on the teaser for next week, it looks like Glen is going to have an expanded role coming up.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I still can't believe T-Dog's actual name is IronE.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If Glen gets to bang Lauren Cohen I'm going to be pissed!

Also, did anyone else laugh out loud when Carl was having the seizure? I couldn't help it.. it looked ridiculous.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
If Glen gets to bang Lauren Cohen I'm going to be pissed!

Also, did anyone else laugh out loud when Carl was having the seizure? I couldn't help it.. it looked ridiculous.
Of course I did. I root for all bad things to happen to Carl.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somehow the creators of this show have made me root for the zombies.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote