Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-03-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Dude it's impossible. Trading Osi, what would be the cap ramifications? Why would the Lions want Osi? What's their motivation for it?

Antonio Pittman? Why? We have Jacobs-Droughns, and now it's going to be a battle between Ward and Grant. Why waste a pick on another RB?

It's not that you attempted being mock GM, but you kinda went off the wall bro.

Why would a team like TB give up picks? What's their motivation? They are a bad team and need all the picks they can get. It makes no sense for them to trade for our pick. If they got more picks it would benefit them.

You're also banking on the fact Whimper is ready to go this season to cover Eli's blind side..

Too many assumptions, and thats one of the reason why I dont do mock drafts because of it. No one ever indicates who is on the board when they make their picks.
They are looking at Gaines Adams in round 1. This way they can get both a great DE and use their first pick on Joe Thomas

We still need a Scat Back, hence Pittman. Don't give me Ward and Droughns, they are near worthless.

If Tampa doesn't want to trade, another team will.

We will be a running offense with Jacobs and Pittman, we don't need Whimper protecting Eli's blindside on every play.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow this thread got nasty real fast...
Old 04-03-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
if i was GM i wouldnt trade a pro bowler once removed who is also 26 for a 2nd round pick. i also wouldnt randomly switch to a 3-4. Trust me there are so many things wrong with this. I would list them all and fix them but i mite miss house and Rutgers women
Well teams do switch from 4-3 to 3-4 randomly.

House is a crappy show, don't waste your time lol.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
They are looking at Gaines Adams in round 1. This way they can get both a great DE and use their first pick on Joe Thomas

We still need a Scat Back, hence Pittman. Don't give me Ward and Droughns, they are near worthless.

If Tampa doesn't want to trade, another team will.

We will be a running offense with Jacobs and Pittman, we don't need Whimper protecting Eli's blindside on every play.
That's the problem, you dont know their worthless. Why do you think their worthless without seeing them play?

LOL. I doubt a team would but hey if you can get someone than so be it.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i blame myself and anyone else who posted in this thread to make it continue
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
wow this thread got nasty real fast...
Yeah, GM mocking is a tough business. It's not for the weak.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Hey man, I took time trying to pound it into your head why Ginn is a bad option. Shoot.

-First of all, you did not give the salary cap one damn thought. Releasing Madison, RW, Joseph, and trading Osi would give us a net loss of close to $4 million. (AKA counter productive).

-Ok, you approach our weakest unit of the team and take away our two best players!! RW and Madison are unspectacular, yes, but they are currently the two best CBs we have right now and are being payed pretty cheaply. Absolutely no reason to cut them whatsoever.

-Trade Osi!?! Trade Osi?!?! We just signed him to a long extension and you want to trade him??!?! Our best DE!?!? What a joke. This guy has a monster career ahead of him and giving him up would be a terrible, terrible idea. Kiwanuka will be a player, but once Strahan is gone, what do we do? Rely on Tuck who was injury riddled when he ENTERED the NFL let alone what just happened? Ugh.

-Plus, this draft is not a strong one and trading for all these picks is stupid. I can understand trading down from #20, but trading Osi for a 2nd and 3rd is just awful.

-Pittman is a bad idea. We have our rushing attack and if it does not work, we'll go with a RB next year. Pittman would be stuck with Ward on the bottom of the depth chart and on the practice field. Waste of a pick, a RB should not be selected before round 5 IMO.

-Francis could be selected, as a blocking TE which the Giants have been working him out as.

-DeOssie would not disappoint me, but he is not a 3-4 OLB. He would be on the inside in a 3-4. And this whole 3-4 thing is a joke as well because you don't change the scheme of a defense like that in one year with the players we have on our payroll. The name Michael Strahan ring a bell? Fred Robbins just had a career year and you respond with a, "Take a seat next to #92 on the bench because we want to have FIVE, FIVE, yes FIVE rookies start on defense".

-You usually do not draft a player with the intent of them starting right away. Every now and then you will have a scenario where a rookie will start, but 5 on one side of the ball? Ugh.

-I could go on but I have some work that needs to get done. Bad job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
That's the problem, you dont know their worthless. Why do you think their worthless without seeing them play?

LOL. I doubt a team would but hey if you can get someone than so be it.
Droughns had plenty of chances, he isn't exactly young. Same goes for Ward. There are both mediocre at best.

And teams do trade up and down.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
-First of all, you did not give the salary cap one damn thought. Releasing Madison, RW, Joseph, and trading Osi would give us a net loss of close to $4 million. (AKA counter productive).

-Ok, you approach our weakest unit of the team and take away our two best players!! RW and Madison are unspectacular, yes, but they are currently the two best CBs we have right now and are being payed pretty cheaply. Absolutely no reason to cut them whatsoever.

-Trade Osi!?! Trade Osi?!?! We just signed him to a long extension and you want to trade him??!?! Our best DE!?!? What a joke. This guy has a monster career ahead of him and giving him up would be a terrible, terrible idea. Kiwanuka will be a player, but once Strahan is gone, what do we do? Rely on Tuck who was injury riddled when he ENTERED the NFL let alone what just happened? Ugh.

-Plus, this draft is not a strong one and trading for all these picks is stupid. I can understand trading down from #20, but trading Osi for a 2nd and 3rd is just awful.

-Pittman is a bad idea. We have our rushing attack and if it does not work, we'll go with a RB next year. Pittman would be stuck with Ward on the bottom of the depth chart and on the practice field. Waste of a pick, a RB should not be selected before round 5 IMO.

-Francis could be selected, as a blocking TE which the Giants have been working him out as.

-DeOssie would not disappoint me, but he is not a 3-4 OLB. He would be on the inside in a 3-4. And this whole 3-4 thing is a joke as well because you don't change the scheme of a defense like that in one year with the players we have on our payroll. The name Michael Strahan ring a bell? Fred Robbins just had a career year and you respond with a, "Take a seat next to #92 on the bench because we want to have FIVE, FIVE, yes FIVE rookies start on defense".

-You usually do not draft a player with the intent of them starting right away. Every now and then you will have a scenario where a rookie will start, but 5 on one side of the ball? Ugh.

-I could go on but I have some work that needs to get done. Bad job.
- We'll restructure some contracts.

- We don't need a couple of old farts on our roster. We take Josh Wilson start him and get Underwood, and Dockery to compete.

- Osi doesn't fit in a 3-4 IMO. They are very high 2 and 3 round picks

- Pittman is the scat back we need.

- Francis can be a solid 3-4 DE.

- I'll hire Strahan as D-line coach, and DeOssie will start.

- Five rooks starting is no problem. I don't care if we go 2-14, we're in a rebuilding mode.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Droughns had plenty of chances, he isn't exactly young. Same goes for Ward. There are both mediocre at best.

And teams do trade up and down.
Plenty of chances? When? We just got him this year. Why dont we see how he does before calling him worthless. Same with Ward OR Grant.

And yeah i am aware of teams trading up and down, but you make it sound video game like, it's that easy. But than again this is why I feel all mock draft stuff is worthless.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I'm done ricky, you have further proved you know next to nothing about building a team. Peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I'm done ricky, you have further proved you know next to nothing about building a team. Peace.
Well this discussion was short. You aren't going to retort? I argued for an entire page with you about just one player.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Why don't you guys make your own. Imagine you have complete control of the Giant's franchise. Lorenzin at FB? Kiwanuka at SLB? Sinorice Moss at DT? Whatever floats your boat. Let your imaginations run wild. I'd like to see what some of you guys would do, except for you Number 10, who doesn't know how to think outside the box (I'm just messing. I kid because I care)
Old 04-03-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus man...

Lets just let this die.

Idk what to say. this was the worst post I have ever read on the Giants forum.

trade Osi? cut our 2 best CBs? Bench Strahan?

what?

Just let it die brother.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get off his case, everyone has opinions, some you have posted ******** things aswell. If he wants to continue to make mock offseasons and whatnot then let him. You guys are the ones being stupid not him.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

We have a guy who wants to draft another Sinorice Moss.
We have a guy who wants to draft another Defensive End.
We have a guy who wants to trade Justin Tuck.
We have guys who want to draft Reggie Nelson.
We have guys arguing over Yankees and Mets threads in the Giants forum.

Why can't I post what I want? My post are no more absurd than yours.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agreed with you =(
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote